Benefits of Niacin (Nicotinic Acid), Miracle supplement?

birdbrain

I am a researcher who was studying "long covid" and trying to find what worked for them, this led me to niacin and the more I learn about it, the more it seems like the most important supplement.

What what I have seen, its important to overload the first enzyme and take a dose of 500mg +, you will get an uncomfortable flushing effect. The best protocol would be to take 1-2g a few times a week with a few grams of vitamin C and sodium butyrate (co-factor for the receptors and some peoples gut bacteria doesn't produce butyrate), querceitin would also be helpful.

Here is a blog I wrote about using it for "long covid":

View: https://nkalex.medium.com/the-team-of-front-line-doctors-and-biohackers-who-seem-to-have-solved-long-covid-5f9852f1101d

Hundreds of patients have contacted me and told me their stories using niacin, really miracle level stuff like people being able to walk without a cane again after years of CFS from a viral issue.
It also seems to be able to terminate fevers at high doses, not sure if thats a good thing but its very interesting, one person called it a "chemical exorcism" who had severe covid and rapidly recovered.

Here are some selected publications:
"In the absence of an exogenous supply of niacin, there is a gradual, progressive instability of the genome, characterized by the inability of the antioxidant system to act efficiently, which ultimately leads to cell death."

Minireview Exploring the Biological Cycle of Vitamin B3 and Its Influence on Oxidative Stress: Further Molecular and Clinical Aspects

"our findings demonstrate that acting on GPR109A, niacin shows the potential to maintain energy homeostasis through multipathways, representing a potential approach to the treatment of obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease."

Error - Cookies Turned Off

"Mortality in the niacin group was 11% lower than in the placebo group (52.0 versus 58.2%; p = 0.0004). This late benefit of niacin, occurring after discontinuation of the drug, may be a result of a translation into a mortality benefit over subsequent years of the early favorable effect of niacin in decreasing nonfatal reinfarction or a result of the cholesterol-lowering effect of niacin, or both. "

Fifteen year mortality in Coronary Drug Project patients: long-term benefit with niacin - PubMed

"oxidative stress can induce niacin/NAD+ depletion via activation of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP), which could lead to tryptophan oxidation for compensatory de novo niacin synthesis, thereby contributing to immune tolerance and T-cell loss via tryptophan deletion and PARP-induced cell death."

The oxidative stress-induced niacin sink (OSINS) model for HIV pathogenesis - PubMed

"Bill acted upon Hoffer’s advice and proceeded to take 1000mg of Niacin after each of his three meals a day. Through mega-vitamin therapy, Bill’s long-lasting conditions were rapidly overcome."

The Forgotten Chapter in Bill W.’s Struggle with Addiction - Brainspark Health | NAD IV Therapy | Addiction Treatment Center | Plymouth Meeting, PA

"There is an NAD ‘salvage’ pathway that can bypass KYNU and HAAO by converting dietary niacin (Vitamin B3) and other precursors into NAD
Niacin supplementation to maternal mice prevented birth defects in the ‘null’ offspring"

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1616361

"In conclusion, our data (1) underscore the potent role of micro-nutrient vitamin B3 as a metabolic modifier; (2) identify NAD +deficiency as a contributor to mitochondrial myopathy progres-sion; (3) point to usefulness of niacin therapy for PEO patients;"

Niacin Cures Systemic NAD + Deficiency and Improves Muscle Performance in Adult-Onset Mitochondrial Myopathy - PubMed

Dave_Fit

Any of the same benefits with niacinamide? In your article you linked this Nicotinamide is an inhibitor of SIRT1 in vitro, but can be a stimulator in cells - Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences
in that link it states "However, once administered to cells, NAM is rapidly converted to NAD+ and, therefore, the cellular concentration of NAM decreases rapidly while that of NAD+ increases." But most of the article discusses the issue as a NAD+ deficiency. If Niacinamide is rapidly converted to NAD+ why is it advised against? The linked article also says it theoretically increases SIRT1 in cells.

Last edited:

frannybananny

Any of the same benefits with niacinamide? In your article you linked this Nicotinamide is an inhibitor of SIRT1 in vitro, but can be a stimulator in cells - Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences
in that link it states "However, once administered to cells, NAM is rapidly converted to NAD+ and, therefore, the cellular concentration of NAM decreases rapidly while that of NAD+ increases." But most of the article discusses the issue as a NAD+ deficiency. If Niacinamide is rapidly converted to NAD+ why is it advised against? The linked article also says it theoretically increases SIRT1 in cells.

I read the article associating nicotinamide with SIRT1 expression but it is certainly confusing. Can anyone explain this article to me wwhether SIRT1 increased expression is beneficial or harmful? The article is full of statements like this:

>>Conclusion​

Recent studies have shown that age-related diseases or endocrine system dysfunctions are associated with an increase in SIRT1 expression levels, but with a decrease in their activity. The oxidative stress produced during these processes may lead to compensatory or protective increase in the SIRT1 expression to deal with the decline of the SIRT1 activity.<<

Any help in deciphering this would be much appreciated.

Dave_Fit

I never got any replies on the this post, yours is the first, so I kind of gave up on it. @frannybananny
Ray likes Niacinamide so I just stick with that on occasion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals