Seven days of supplementing Urea at 60g per day

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

@Blossom @tankasnowgod
Will you share where you got your urea from?

I have only seen USP grade sold at a minimum of 1 kg
I'm leery of customs stopping it, where I live
A smaller mount may not raise eyebrows
Health Natura stopped carrying it a while ago already too.

I'm also curious if anyone using it now had low urea in blood test at any point
and if you exude(d) ammonia through your skin
?
I've used RPI and Lab Alley. All orders have been over 1kg.

I don't know why customs would stop it. It's not a drug, and it's used as fertilizer and in cosmetics and other industries, in addition to being used as a "medical food." Nor are there any general restrictions on shipping due to danger. But you should always check with your country's laws.

Don't remember ever testing for Urea or BUN specifically, but it never came up low on any blood tests.

It doesn't make you reek of ammonia, either. Maybe if you were taking very high amounts for a long time (like over 90g), and/or combining it with a high protein diet (like 200g or more). This is something I have heard bodybuilders talk of while eating high protein and weightlifting, but I haven't gotten it when I have done any such course of urea (and it's been 3 weeks of 30g a day this month).

K

Kaur Singh

I've used RPI and Lab Alley. All orders have been over 1kg.

I don't know why customs would stop it. It's not a drug, and it's used as fertilizer and in cosmetics and other industries, in addition to being used as a "medical food." Nor are there any general restrictions on shipping due to danger. But you should always check with your country's laws.

Don't remember ever testing for Urea or BUN specifically, but it never came up low on any blood tests.

It doesn't make you reek of ammonia, either. Maybe if you were taking very high amounts for a long time (like over 90g), and/or combining it with a high protein diet (like 200g or more). This is something I have heard bodybuilders talk of while eating high protein and weightlifting, but I haven't gotten it when I have done any such course of urea (and it's been 3 weeks of 30g a day this month).

Thank you

I see now what I wrote was a bit different from what I meant:
prior to taking urea, as part of your history,
- did you ever smell ammonia coming off you
or have low urea in blood tests?

you've answered just the same - thank you

( I edited my post to make it clear)

I see Lab Alley carries it in diff forms:
would you know if there is any advantage
pellets over granules over crystals?
Would one form keep better in high humidity conditions>
(I know best to put it in fridge)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blossom @tankasnowgod
Will you share where you got your urea from?

I have only seen USP grade sold at a minimum of 1 kg
I'm leery of customs stopping it, where I live
A smaller mount may not raise eyebrows
Health Natura stopped carrying it a while ago already too.

**edited**
I'm also curious if anyone using it now
had low urea in blood test at any point in yer lives
and if you exude(d) ammonia through your skin
(as part of your medical history, not concurrent with urea use)
?
I did buy some from Health Natura just this past December. I do taste ammonia a bit on my breath after drinking it but haven’t noticed it from my skin. FWIW a nephrologist friend told me this was normal.
Here are my BUN results before and while using urea.

Attachments

• 906B239D-C1A9-4DB9-A87D-96A65EAA9D96.jpeg
    906B239D-C1A9-4DB9-A87D-96A65EAA9D96.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 37
  • CE37D446-5096-4479-8BDF-68C1DE1F5BB4.png
    CE37D446-5096-4479-8BDF-68C1DE1F5BB4.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 34

Parrot

Yes, just noticed that Health Natura are not stocking it so I will need a new source too. Do any forum members have any leads?

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

So, I've been taking 30g of Urea every day this month, and one thing I recently noticed is that dry, flaky skin has really seemed to improve. This could be due to some other changes I've made, too, but I was thinking about Urea because of it's use in lotions, and how incredibly hydrating it is to cracked skin when applied topically.

Specifically, I have noticed that the harder, drying skin around my heels is much softer and smoother. Not perfect, but a drastic improvement. I also catch myself in the mirror sometimes, and think that my face looks a lot more youthful and glowing. Wrinkles and crows feet have drastically reduced, and sometimes look like they were never there. I sometimes notice a similar thing when doing increased CO2 strategies (like Bag Breathing) and using Red Light, but it seems to happen more frequently this month. I'm still regularly using Red Light and doing Mouth taping at night and such, so this could be the combination of factors, too.

But if others have noticed similar skin improvements, that would make me think the Urea is playing a bigger part.

K

Kaur Singh

I did buy some from Health Natura just this past December. I do taste ammonia a bit on my breath after drinking it but haven’t noticed it from my skin. FWIW a nephrologist friend told me this was normal.
Here are my BUN results before and while using urea.

thank you

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Apparently I received the last of the health natura urea when I ordered in December. Here’s another option for those wanting to order in smaller quantities for shipping/experimentation reasons.

Kray

So, I've been taking 30g of Urea every day this month, and one thing I recently noticed is that dry, flaky skin has really seemed to improve. This could be due to some other changes I've made, too, but I was thinking about Urea because of it's use in lotions, and how incredibly hydrating it is to cracked skin when applied topically.

Specifically, I have noticed that the harder, drying skin around my heels is much softer and smoother. Not perfect, but a drastic improvement. I also catch myself in the mirror sometimes, and think that my face looks a lot more youthful and glowing. Wrinkles and crows feet have drastically reduced, and sometimes look like they were never there. I sometimes notice a similar thing when doing increased CO2 strategies (like Bag Breathing) and using Red Light, but it seems to happen more frequently this month. I'm still regularly using Red Light and doing Mouth taping at night and such, so this could be the combination of factors, too.

But if others have noticed similar skin improvements, that would make me think the Urea is playing a bigger part.
Can someone chime in on using urea for dry skin issues? Would it be best added to a cream and used topically, or would oral use produce better results?

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Can someone chime in on using urea for dry skin issues? Would it be best added to a cream and used topically, or would oral use produce better results?

Urea applied topically works incredibly well, and is incredibly hydrating. I have used some of the Urea 40 creams in the past, and a homemade urea spray, and they work great. You will certainly see quicker results using a cream, it works immediately, while this is something I have only noticed with oral urea after using for a month (and not even sure if it's due to the urea). I haven't seen this mentioned in people taking urea orally, but usually, they are doing so for much more serious issues, like SIADH or cancer or something, so rough skin is probably very low on their list of concerns.

Kray

Urea applied topically works incredibly well, and is incredibly hydrating. I have used some of the Urea 40 creams in the past, and a homemade urea spray, and they work great. You will certainly see quicker results using a cream, it works immediately, while this is something I have only noticed with oral urea after using for a month (and not even sure if it's due to the urea). I haven't seen this mentioned in people taking urea orally, but usually, they are doing so for much more serious issues, like SIADH or cancer or something, so rough skin is probably very low on their list of concerns.
@tankasnowgod
Thanks for the quick reply! That is very helpful information. I am probably going to try topical (first). My dry skin may be due to FFA issues; I recently began using Tocovit again, and am going to try a policosanol supplement as well (even though I know Tocovit naturally contains some). I am excited to try the urea-- thanks for your input! btw- what amount of urea would you recommend added to a dab of skin cream, say 1/2 tsp cream? This is the product I have:
View: https://www.amazon.com/Eisen-Golden-Laboratories-CH4N2O-Prills-Space-Saver/dp/B00WSLWJJE/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3AKW4WIPPYR0T&keywords=urea+prills&qid=1644088532&sprefix=urea+prills%2Caps%2C144&sr=8-8

golder

They are a cosmetics store but i got their latest test results and lead content was less than 5ppm
Based in the UK, does anyone know if this is the best/safest source of urea that delivers to the UK? Thanks!

Diogo

Peat refered to a study where Urea was used for taking liquid from the brain after Traumatic Injury with success but the study there are plenty of studys refering to UREA as being malicious to neurons.

Should it help someone with lifelong depression/alcohol intake?

I´m curious but can´t find much about it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals