Regularly using pregnenolone/vit K/methylene blue, any of these "too good to be true" substances stops you from progressing in life

lampofred

Lots of hypotheses in this thread, so read with an open mind. There are just ideas and a way to look at things, not telling people to stop taking vit K or something. Also, this is about chronic usage and not about using these substances just once or a few times to break out of a stress state and then stopping them.

On a spiritual level, I think issues like high cortisol, nitric oxide, calcification mean that you have lessons to learn in life. They only happen if your life is led in a way such that your brain is not following your heart (leading to chronic hyperventilation). So if you take substances that lower NO or fix calcification, you have to make sure you're not taking a "shortcut substance" that heals you without making you learn the lessons you need to learn. You could say that there's no point in "learning lessons" when you could be healthy immediately by just taking a few supplements, but I think if you learn these lessons, then once you're healed your quality of life will be much greater/deeper than it would have been than if you had just relied on the supplement.

And I think the way to know whether something is a short-cut substance is to know whether or not it raises metabolic rate indefinitely. For example, although pregnenolone might temporarily raise metabolism and appetite (by lowering stress hormones and cortisol), you can take unlimited quantities without any effects, so it's not actually raising metabolic rate the way thyroid does. So it's a "short-cut" substance. Methylene blue is the same, by lowering NO it might temporarily turn on a metabolism that has been blocked by excess NO, but after the initial dose, you can take basically unlimited quantities without a raise in metabolism. Same with vitamin K (Dr. Peat has mentioned there is no "upper limit" to vitamin K dosage).

In contrast, things like coffee, aspirin, thyroid do raise metabolic rate infinitely the more you take them; the more coffee you drink or the more thyroid you take, the higher your temperature, and the more aspirin you take, the more you deplete nutrients like vit K and glycine. They don't "plateau" like pregnenolone/vitamin K/methylene blue. What that means is that whereas pregnenolone/methylene blue/vitamin K are "shortcut substances" that make you healthy without making you learn the lessons you need to learn, these substances make you healthy by making you learn needed lessons at an accelerated pace.

I have 0 evidence to back this up, but it just came to me and made sense to me in my head. (But it could also be utter nonsense.) Thoughts?

cgh4444

Not going to entirely write it off because as someone who has intimately experienced severe chronic health problems due to a head injury and being forced to essentially live on the edge or borders of this culture and all that entails- you realize that in the end you can only rely on yourself through things. Also it forced me on a “spiritual”(I dislike that word but it conveys the message) path than what I’d have been on if I’d not had these problems. You are forced to confront all sorts of internal/external issues and see how what most consider “problems” in this place are reallly not that bad compared to what some people experience.

There definitely appears to be a link between overcoming personal “demons” (trauma-another word that’s too loaded for my tastes) and insight that the body/mind are intertwined in a way that Is not in any way recognized in the western societies. Releasing deep tensions does have a profound impact but it’s a brutally painful process that most might need “metabolic” help through. The body wants to shut down/freeze/rest constantly , this of course isn’t possible for most people if they don’t have a huge wealth source. I cannot speak to the substances you mention, but I’d say that having things like thiamine/thyroid etc on hand to help the days that are unbearable is almost necessary when a person is in this state. Some of the substances make the “process” easier especially when one is mostly all alone in the fire.

it’d be ideal not to have to take things permanently but at the same time... you only live once.. some “lessons” might need years to finally hit home, there is a danger in remaining in a low metabolic/“freeze” state for too long...

idk I’m rambling but hopefully it sort of addresses what you’re getting at.

Razvan

But i think you're right,T3,coffee,tobacco and progesterone always rise,preg ,k2 and MB stop working pretty fast.

cjm

On a spiritual level, I think issues like high cortisol, nitric oxide, calcification mean that you have lessons to learn in life.

Agreed. My entire identity is tied up in my metabolism, or vice versa.

Inaut

All illness is directly tied to emotional/spiritual blockage that manifests in the physical (my opinion). Working on the spiritual/emotional aspects have more profound effects on health and metabolism then any supplement. Sometimes I wonder if the supplements are false aids/road blocks to true healing which comes from God and not from anything man made.. A little different from your thoughts @lampofred but I think there's truth to your understanding of things (at least in my perspective).

B

Blaze

Lots of hypotheses in this thread, so read with an open mind. There are just ideas and a way to look at things, not telling people to stop taking vit K or something. Also, this is about chronic usage and not about using these substances just once or a few times to break out of a stress state and then stopping them.

On a spiritual level, I think issues like high cortisol, nitric oxide, calcification mean that you have lessons to learn in life. They only happen if your life is led in a way such that your brain is not following your heart (leading to chronic hyperventilation). So if you take substances that lower NO or fix calcification, you have to make sure you're not taking a "shortcut substance" that heals you without making you learn the lessons you need to learn. You could say that there's no point in "learning lessons" when you could be healthy immediately by just taking a few supplements, but I think if you learn these lessons, then once you're healed your quality of life will be much greater/deeper than it would have been than if you had just relied on the supplement.

And I think the way to know whether something is a short-cut substance is to know whether or not it raises metabolic rate indefinitely. For example, although pregnenolone might temporarily raise metabolism and appetite (by lowering stress hormones and cortisol), you can take unlimited quantities without any effects, so it's not actually raising metabolic rate the way thyroid does. So it's a "short-cut" substance. Methylene blue is the same, by lowering NO it might temporarily turn on a metabolism that has been blocked by excess NO, but after the initial dose, you can take basically unlimited quantities without a raise in metabolism. Same with vitamin K (Dr. Peat has mentioned there is no "upper limit" to vitamin K dosage).

In contrast, things like coffee, aspirin, thyroid do raise metabolic rate infinitely the more you take them; the more coffee you drink or the more thyroid you take, the higher your temperature, and the more aspirin you take, the more you deplete nutrients like vit K and glycine. They don't "plateau" like pregnenolone/vitamin K/methylene blue. What that means is that whereas pregnenolone/methylene blue/vitamin K are "shortcut substances" that make you healthy without making you learn the lessons you need to learn, these substances make you healthy by making you learn needed lessons at an accelerated pace.

I have 0 evidence to back this up, but it just came to me and made sense to me in my head. (But it could also be utter nonsense.) Thoughts?
Nicely summed up.................... I still take just 1 drop of Biopharm Methylene Blue 1% USP Grade per day ,but coffee and vitamin K and aspirin I use much more liberally. Always working on the spiritual end of things too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uselis

Spirit/spirituality is mind made concept. Imo the body has nothing to do with something man made or culturally installed.

AndrogenicJB

All illness is directly tied to emotional/spiritual blockage that manifests in the physical (my opinion). Working on the spiritual/emotional aspects have more profound effects on health and metabolism then any supplement. Sometimes I wonder if the supplements are false aids/road blocks to true healing which comes from God and not from anything man made.. A little different from your thoughts @lampofred but I think there's truth to your understanding of things (at least in my perspective).
Hit the nail on the head

Korven

I sort of agree with this. Spirit comes before the physical body, and so it would make sense to first address the most fundamental root cause. By (being forced) to work on my spiritual and emotional health I managed to get relief from crippling panic attacks, derealization/depersonalization, constant fear, rumination and OCD, you name it. Basically a super high cortisol/serotonin/adrenaline state. Putting trust in spirit/God is like always having the comfort of an unshakeable rock, instead of being stuck in your head questioning what's the point of all of this, nihilism etc. I'm glad I didn't take any "magic pills" that fixed my anxiety because then I wouldn't have learnt this lesson...

...however for my chronic fatigue syndrome I've only really seen improvements from addressing strictly physical issues. I.e fixing SIBO and endotoxin poisoning, taking thyroid, taking anti-microbials, changing gut microbiome, prog/preg, fixing nutrient deficiencies and mega dosing vitamin B1, lowering lactate, stuff like that. But yeah I guess if I was still stuck in fearful state I would certainly feel sicker.

Inaut

or maybe theres more for you to learn/heal still? Most of our lessons come through suffering of some sort. Although unfortunate,, suffering can benefit the soul/spirit in ways we dont want to understand. I still use supplements so i'm not saying they dont have use, just that like most people (myself included), they become a crutch (which you articulated in your post) @Korven

Korven

or maybe theres more for you to learn/heal still? Most of our lessons come through suffering of some sort. Although unfortunate,, suffering can benefit the soul/spirit in ways we dont want to understand. I still use supplements so i'm not saying they dont have use, just that like most people (myself included), they become a crutch (which you articulated in your post) @Korven

That's a good point @Inaut ... it's just very difficult coping sometimes when you feel very bad and overwhelmed with hopelessness (I'm sure many others can relate to this). Might sound strange but I think CFS has forced me to take better care of myself, before I was engaged in all sorts of self-pitying, self-destructive behaviours. I don't do that stuff anymore now, just like I wouldn't mistreat or abuse any friends or family.

B

Blaze

That's a good point @Inaut ... it's just very difficult coping sometimes when you feel very bad and overwhelmed with hopelessness (I'm sure many others can relate to this). Might sound strange but I think CFS has forced me to take better care of myself, before I was engaged in all sorts of self-pitying, self-destructive behaviours. I don't do that stuff anymore now, just like I wouldn't mistreat or abuse any friends or family.
I can certainly relate, my friend ..................... and I'm sure that your suffering has produced much growth. It's the hard stuff nobody wants to go through that improves us. Never easy though. And hopelessness is a deep dark place. Stay strong.

Last edited by a moderator:

akgrrrl

Not going to entirely write it off because as someone who has intimately experienced severe chronic health problems due to a head injury and being forced to essentially live on the edge or borders of this culture and all that entails- you realize that in the end you can only rely on yourself through things. Also it forced me on a “spiritual”(I dislike that word but it conveys the message) path than what I’d have been on if I’d not had these problems. You are forced to confront all sorts of internal/external issues and see how what most consider “problems” in this place are reallly not that bad compared to what some people experience.

There definitely appears to be a link between overcoming personal “demons” (trauma-another word that’s too loaded for my tastes) and insight that the body/mind are intertwined in a way that Is not in any way recognized in the western societies. Releasing deep tensions does have a profound impact but it’s a brutally painful process that most might need “metabolic” help through. The body wants to shut down/freeze/rest constantly , this of course isn’t possible for most people if they don’t have a huge wealth source. I cannot speak to the substances you mention, but I’d say that having things like thiamine/thyroid etc on hand to help the days that are unbearable is almost necessary when a person is in this state. Some of the substances make the “process” easier especially when one is mostly all alone in the fire.

it’d be ideal not to have to take things permanently but at the same time... you only live once.. some “lessons” might need years to finally hit home, there is a danger in remaining in a low metabolic/“freeze” state for too long...

I dont think you are rambling at all. Until a human has experienced the depth of great illness and not just a transitory injury, there isnt context to understand the layers of "soul despair" and pain to get to an hour of relief

Dr. B

what kind of health problems did you get from the head injury? can you get physical symptoms/health problems as a result of being hit on the side of the head?

cgh4444

what kind of health problems did you get from the head injury? can you get physical symptoms/health problems as a result of being hit on the side of the head?

Cfs/me type symptoms along with cognitive. I’m not sure how to politely respond to your second question as to me it’s rather dumb. Just for reference, look at traumatic brain injury in football players to answer your question.

Dr. B

Cfs/me type symptoms along with cognitive. I’m not sure how to politely respond to your second question as to me it’s rather dumb. Just for reference, look at traumatic brain injury in football players to answer your question.
oh yes to rephrase i mean is something like a single punch to the side of the head enough to cause significant damage/physical effects

cjm

I learned that most supplements are essentially poisonous.

I'm recovering from a decade of daily poison and false hope. Sorry, can't talk more, eating freezer-burnt humble pie.

All illness is directly tied to emotional/spiritual blockage that manifests in the physical (my opinion).

+1. I'm obsessed with Reichian body psychotherapy. Re-establishing the orgasm reflex that involves the entire body is the goal of therapy. Having a genuine orgasm tends to release the bodily and psychic tension at once. Easier said than done because in most cases, feelings that haven't been felt since childhood are brought out. Genuine terror and rage for example. That's what I'm adverse to and why I suppose I haven't received any bang for buck on all the reading and research I've done on this.

cgh4444

oh yes to rephrase i mean is something like a single punch to the side of the head enough to cause significant damage/physical effects

idk maybe. I think looking at boxers etc it can withstand a certain amount of punishment, but not severe sudden ones. Probably depends upon a variety of factors including genetics. I suffered two very severe head traumas in a year and a half period.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals