Noel Gallagher's Log - Get My Life Back And Become "the Man"

OP
N
Just woke up with a very strong libido, that is always a good sign that things are on the right track for me. However, I'm also a bit irritable and this usually goes hand in hand with bloated and sluggish digestion for me. My tendency is to pop some supplement or pill to try and get things moving in the right direction, but most of the time I end up making things worse. I'm going to stay patient and try to get comfortable with being slightly uncomfortable. Maybe I'll keep it simple and just have a carrot and see how that goes. That's probably the smartest thing. And I'll have some coffee in a bit. The last thing I want to do is make a mistake that sets me back further. It takes a lot of patience for me to tune into what my body is telling me and quell my mind's strong desire to fix things immediately.

Update: I've decided I'm going to work my way up to high doses of aspirin. Took my first pill and feeling better.

Last edited:
OP
N
Midday now. I woke up feeling okay, not great. I ate breakfast and then had 2 aspirin with some coffee. I was feeling great for a brief period, but then I stepped too hard on the gas peddle on crashed. Cold hands and feet. I get so mad at myself when I do that. I am so sensitive to caffeine and one sip can either make or break me. I took some .5 mg clonidine to calm the adrenaline down and then I passed out for a bit. I woke up feeling a bit fearful and uneasy, but hungry. I wondered if it was withdrawal kicking in from the cyproheptadine I had been taking for a week or two. It was uncomfortable, but certainly manageable, however, I decided to take 1 mg of cyproheptadine. Now I am feeling pretty gloomy and sort of sad. But I know it's the stress hormones coming down so I'll fight through it. Circulation to hands and feet are decent. I also took 50 mcg T4, which I'm not sure if it is helping or not. I probably could have waited. But not feeling bad, but also not feeling great.

Edit: T4 was a BAD idea. I have this panicky, jittery feeling that truly feels awful. Way too much thyroid hormone flowing through my blood stream. Another tweak I need to make. CHILL with the thyroid hormone. I have this fear that my body is going to run out, but I often forget that I have this thing called a thyroid gland in my neck that should help with that. LESS IS MORE. This is so classic and so incredibly characteristic of my nature to overdo things. This right here is the importance of the log to take note of this and move on. I have to set boundaries with every supplement/medication I take and this is exactly why. I have this tendency to push and push and push as I've mentioned multiple times throughout this log. *Take daily T3 dose and multiply by 4 to determine T4 dose.

Feeling more present. Going to stay patient for the rest of the day and just focus on food. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Part of me is dying and a part of me that I've never experienced before is going to emerge and come alive. We really do become addicted to our stress hormones like I think Peat has said. I think the stress hormones create the egoic mind that is often discussed in spiritual circles. Maybe I'm battling with ego death? I don't know. And when we suppress these stress hormones, it's incredibly uncomfortable, but it's what we need to do to heal. If I can beat this, I can become who I really want to be inside. I'm excited and I'm trying to embrace the discomfort as much as possible. Life should not be a struggle, but a playful dance.

I know if I do it, I will have so much self respect and so much love for myself.

This quote certainly gets thrown around a lot but I think it's applicable for me.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein

I need to reshape my approach again. I need to let go of the need for instant gratification and immediate results. I'm undoing years and years of deeply ingrained patterns.

And lastly, I thought I'd share this video below. I thought this was an interesting video that really resonated with me when I first saw it a couple months ago...

Last edited:
OP
N
Slept well and woke up feeling pretty good. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I feel confident and optimistic. Also, I feel like I can shut my mind off and just relax. My skin and hair quality look incredible too. That is something that always bothered me growing up.

All my body wants to do right now is eat and sleep. And I'm okay with that. I just need to continue to stay patient. I remember Ray said it takes some time for the brain and the liver to adapt to thyroid hormone. I have been requiring frequent feedings which I think is the liver's attempt to adapt to this higher metabolic rate.

Update:

Last edited:
OP
N
Wow, the depression is truly lifting. I haven't felt this good since my teens. I haven't had a setback at all today. Smooth sailing because I've stuck to my plan and stayed cautious. Didn't push too hard. I still have a tremendous amount of brain fog and feel a bit weird. Temps are still a bit low at 98.0, but circulation is good, more importantly. I think temps will come up as I get more momentum and the days go on. The key thing now is adequate calories. I'd like to introduce pregnenolone or dhea, but it seems a bit high risk right now because I don't know how I'll react to it. I'll hold off and stick with what seems to be working. I'm excited because I'm starting to feel like a kid again. I have a strong desire to masturbate, but I'm going to harness that energy. It's not the type of urge that I need to do it to reduce stress hormones like it used to be. It's the type of urge that makes me want to go out and find a woman. Masturbation seems so incredibly lame now. To masturbate would certainly be a step backwards. God damn I feel good. It's like a new reality that I always thought was only reserved for a select few.

Thanks again guys for the support.

Edit: body odor is back now that I'm on the cypro again but hopefully that will subside as the liver adjusts.

Last edited:

milk_lover

Good luck Noel, I wish you the best man :)

Do you supplement with magnesium? Ray Peat told me in an email the high concentration of magnesium chloride (31% solution) might by itself cause good absorption.

OP
N
Good luck Noel, I wish you the best man :)

Do you supplement with magnesium? Ray Peat told me in an email the high concentration of magnesium chloride (31% solution) might by itself cause good absorption.

Hmm....no I do not. I have some milk of magnesia on hand but it usually causes loose stool even in small amounts.

milk_lover

It's called magnesium oil and it is used topically on wrists, feet, etc., it doesn't cause gut issues because you don't ingest it

milk_lover

Since you have milk of magnesia, you can try make magnesium bicarbonate, the carbonate can interchange with CO2 to increase absorption. Watch for any digestion issues though. Here is a good video

OP
N
Wow awesome, thank you.

Also, I think the key thing right now for me is liver health. I am going to start using higher doses of k2 and taurine. Other things I know of that can help are caffeiene and famotidine.

Update: I pushed a bit too hard with the T3 and I am feeling a bit jittery, no crash however, just feeling off. Not a big deal, just need to learn from it. Also, I need to cut down on fat a bit. Probably the clonidine leaving my system causing the jitters. Not the biggest fan of this med because of the withdrawal.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

Wow, the depression is truly lifting. I haven't felt this good since my teens. I haven't had a setback at all today. Smooth sailing because I've stuck to my plan and stayed cautious. Didn't push too hard. I still have a tremendous amount of brain fog and feel a bit weird. Temps are still a bit low at 98.0, but circulation is good, more importantly. I think temps will come up as I get more momentum and the days go on. The key thing now is adequate calories. I'd like to introduce pregnenolone or dhea, but it seems a bit high risk right now because I don't know how I'll react to it. I'll hold off and stick with what seems to be working. I'm excited because I'm starting to feel like a kid again. I have a strong desire to masturbate, but I'm going to harness that energy. It's not the type of urge that I need to do it to reduce stress hormones like it used to be. It's the type of urge that makes me want to go out and find a woman. Masturbation seems so incredibly lame now. To masturbate would certainly be a step backwards. God damn I feel good. It's like a new reality that I always thought was only reserved for a select few.

Thanks again guys for the support.

Edit: body odor is back now that I'm on the cypro again but hopefully that will subside as the liver adjusts.
Consider L-lysine; I think it will help your mood. 500 mg at one time should do the trick.

tara

Took 70 mg pregnenolone after a meal with ice cream and lots of milk. Feeling okay, not great. I think I got an adrenaline response, but then again I had adequate sugar.
If it's new to you, you could try a smaller dose for starters?

Definitely feeling anxiety too, almost like I want to cry.
Maybe you just got your energy up to a level where you can catch up with some of it's crying backlog? May not be all bad.

Hmm....no I do not. I have some milk of magnesia on hand but it usually causes loose stool even in small amounts.
Edit to add: Already covered by milk_lover above. :) You can add milk of magnesia to soda water to produce magnesium bicarbonate, which is reputed to be fairly absorbable. Be ready to cap the bottle fast and shake it a lot. You know the reaction is happening when the high pressure bottle starts to collapse in. Can take a few hours. There's a thread pointing to instructions.

If you are going to pop T4 on a whim, how about limiting yourself to at most 10mg, which I think is roughly what you'd get in 1/4 grain NDT? If you go suddenly from o to 50mg and back to zero, I expect you can really confuse your system. It can take 2 weeks or more at a steady dose for the blood levels to stabilise. If you don't let it do that, how is your own thyroid supposed to know how much to keep producing?
I pushed a bit too hard with the T3 and I am feeling a bit jittery, no crash however, just feeling off.
1-2 mcg at a time max?

DaveFoster

Also, I think the key thing right now for me is liver health.
The two most important things for you to keep an eye on:

1) Check your liver. Get a liver panel and find out the adequate ranges and see if you have elevated enzymes. All your supplements are good for you, but many involve intensive liver metabolism.

2) Check your iron. See what your transferrin saturation is and measure all your ranges. Do this regularly; every six months should do. You don't want your iron going too low, and it will tell you if you're in a good position to donate blood.

OP
N
Alright, I'm back at this. I had a couple hiccups that set me back big time, but they are learning experiences. I experienced symptoms of excess thyroid, and consequently, have been sleeping very little and feeling a bit anxious. No more thyroid hormone for me. I was taking way too much. Especially for someone who may not need it at all. I did not realize how dangerous it can be. But I am getting back on track, day by day. Just to provide an update to my approach, I have included everything below. It is definitely more refined this time. Feet are ice cold, and I think that is from the excess thyroid hormone blocking metabolism? I've only slept 3-4 hours per day for the past week. It's been rough. Libido has been incredibly strong at times, almost to the point of being uncomfortable, so that tells me serotonin, prolactin, and estrogen should be fairly low. As a result, mood is pretty good too. Pulse is usually in the high 70's. Digestion is sluggish from the thyroid hormone interference, but inflammation seems pretty low which is good. The focus is to eat easy to digest, appetizing whole foods with simple sugars. I've been using gatorade to stay hydrated. I think liver glycogen storage is good thanks to Taurine supplementation, because I am able to go a long time without a meal.

I may go donate blood today. I have only done it once before, and i'll get some feedback on my iron stores.

Thank you Dave and Tara for your support over the past couple days. It has meant the world to me.

Vitamins:
Vitamin A - 10,000 IU
Vitamin D - 2,000 IU
Vitamin K - 2 mg
B-Complex
Niacinamide - 1000 mg

Minerals:
Zinc - 30 mg (Once weekly)
Copper - 2 mg (Once weekly)

Amino Acids:
Taurine - 2000 mg

Hormones:
Pregnenolone - (Dose will vary, based on symptoms)

Medications (to be used on occasion):
Aspirin - 325 mg (Dose will vary, based on symptoms)

Last edited: