Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Sherbert

.. It seems that due to hypothyroidism and other conditions, many people on the forum have a functional protein deficiency due to poor ability to digest protein from food. Some cases can be helped by taking digestive enzymes but others need more drastic measures..
For those who can be helped with enzymes, which are the enzymes that usually work?
Thanks

golder

Good question. I always wondered why people specifically recommended proteolytic enzymes first thing on an empty stomach to help ‘disrupt biofilms’. What benefits these enzymes has uniquely over a regular digestive enzyme I don’t know, but would like to hear some opinions.

Sherbert

Good question. I always wondered why people specifically recommended proteolytic enzymes first thing on an empty stomach to help ‘disrupt biofilms’. What benefits these enzymes has uniquely over a regular digestive enzyme I don’t know, but would like to hear some opinions.
ya.. thnx.. didn't even know about that.. just wanted to know what would be the first protein #digestive #enzyme/s to try at least before giving up and going on to
#map type #supplementation.. eg should one start off with #betaine, #pepsin, #papain #bromelain or #protease or a combo of the above? (of course would watch out for excipients and the like)
😃
#protein #digestion #enzymes

facesavant

Keeping this in mind, from the above listed aminos one only needs to supplement with leucine, valine, isoleucine, phenylalanine, lysine, and threonine. While the above doses/ratios have been reported to be optimal, you can simplify it a bit by taking a common BCAA product that usually has the BCAA in ratios 2:1:1 leucine:valine:isoleucine and add 500mg of the remainig amino acids. This means that a single dose of the modified MAP would have 1000 leusine, 500mg valine, 500mg isoleucine, 500 phenylalanine, 500mg lysine, and 500mg threonine. If you want to improve the health effects even more you can add glycine, taurine, or beta alanine to this mixture in any doses you want.
I'm just now experimenting with AA's does it matter if these amino acids are hydrophobic? Does that also mean these aa's will be dehydrating?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
So, would 5 g of the MAP Master Amino Acid Pattern product on amazon be equal to 15 g of beef protein, for example, since 2/3 of beef protein turns into metabolic waste?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
If I have 10 g of "regular" protein from ground beef and 4 g of "regular" protein from milk in a meal, and I want to add 10 g of "regular" protein by adding 3.5 g of MAP amino acids, how would that look?

These are the 6 key amino acids from the Meat+Dairy (15 g reg protein):
Leucine 1.2 g
Valine .8 g
Isoleucine .6 g
Phenylalanine .6 g
Lysine 1.1 g
Threonine .6 g

For the Amino Acids part would it look like this (per Haidut's earlier comments)?
(10 g reg protein) (3.5 g amino acids):
BCAA product - Leucine 1 g
BCAA product - Valine .5 g
BCAA product - Isoleucine .5 g
Phenylalanine .5 g (would added Phenylalanine really be needed here, since Haidut noted elsewhere that the Phenylalanine in the "regular protein" might be enough?)
Lysine .5 g (is added Lysine needed here, since there is some in the "regular protein"?)
Threonine .5 g (is added Threonine needed here, since there is some in the "regular protein?)

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Pure amino acids dissolve completely in warm water. So, opening a few capsules and dumping into a glass of hot water should show if there are any additives. This won't tell you about minuscule amounts of toxic substances, but most products sold in the USA undergo some safety testing for toxic additives. If you buy USP-grade amino acids the product will probably be relatively pure.
Ironically, we live in a world where ensuring the purity/safety of a dietary supplement is a easier than ensuring the purity of food. Food is definitely treated as "anything goes as long as it does not kill within 24 hours" these days.
Haidut,
I tested this on alanine, threonine, etc.
The only one that did not diappear completely into the warm water was a BCAA product, which left the water milky.
I am not sure how to interpret this.
Can you, or anyone, help?
Thanks.

Sherbert

Wow, that's pretty good! I now this product and have used it before. Up until 3 months ago it had tryptophan in it and not it does not. The histidine and methionine are still not optimal but they can be controlled by adding some glycine and beta alanine to the mix. All in all, pretty good as protein replacement. Thanks for bringing my attention back to it!
Looks like some time between 2016 and now they put the tryptophan back in

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals