Seven days of supplementing Urea at 60g per day

yerrag

Seems quite positive to me.
You nailed it!

Maybe it's the ESR finally going down, but today my ECG reading my personal ECG started to look better. Not only did the T-wave turn from inverted to normal, indicating no more ischemia, but I'm back to being euthyroid (from becoming hypothyroid from my recent illness) based on my ECG QTc values.

Perhaps the urea intake not only improved my liver, but also my heart.

Yesterday, I continue use of urea 2 X 15g daily but added 2 X 10mg methylene blue. I don't know if methylene blue's effect was purely metabolic or if it's antibacterial effect led to an improvement on my metabolism.

Hard to draw conclusions, but I'm glad nonetheless.

yerrag

Oh, forgot to mention that with the positive came the negative - my blood pressure jumped up.

This makes me wonder though, if taking bp medication would make people hypothyroid. But just wondering...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
today my ECG reading my personal ECG started to look better. Not only did the T-wave turn from inverted to normal, indicating no more ischemia, but I'm back to being euthyroid (from becoming hypothyroid from my recent illness) based on my ECG QTc values.
Perhaps urea is helping you eliminate excess water in the pericardium and helping with proper electrolyte balance?

my blood pressure jumped up.
MB can sometimes do that.

yerrag

Perhaps urea is helping you eliminate excess water in the pericardium and helping with proper electrolyte balance?
Now that you mention it, I had to look at both my feet. They both look much more sinewy now and looking healthy. I had been observing them for a while and they looked like the feet of elderly people, though mine is only slightly edematous. That was for me a tell of being hypo.

Perhaps the urea helped enable water balance to be restored much sooner and allowed the minerals potassium and calcium back to go into balance. Potassium back to regulating calcium influx into the cell, and calcium going in and out of the cell optimally to maintain an ionic gradient that allows for the heart muscle to contract (depolarize) and relax (depolarize) in a manner closer to optimality.
MB can sometimes do that.
I don't know if it's because mb was used as an electron donor to fill in for an oxygen deficit (due to ischemia) and it jumpstarted the mitochondria in the cardiac muscles towards effective mitochondrial respiration. With the increased energy production, more blood was being pumped, or blood was being pumped by the blood and the result is higher pressure as well. The higher pressure should perhaps be seen as a positive. It would likely lower over time as the body adapts to this new normal.

Just to be safe, I lowered my daily mb from 2 to 1 dose of 10mg of mb.

p.s. I was wrong about the t-wave turning from inverted to normal being indicative of ischemia being resolved. After an ischemic event, and even after regular perfusion and oxygenation is restored, the t-wave would still become inverted. But I'm still glad it disappeared. I'm just learning how to read ECGs and it's very interesting. Maybe once I'm up to it, I can start a thread on it.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Now that you mention it, I had to look at both my feet. They both look much more sinewy now and looking healthy. I had been observing them for a while and they looked like the feet of elderly people, though mine is only slightly edematous. That was for me a tell of being hypo.

Perhaps the urea helped enable water balance to be restored much sooner and allowed the minerals potassium and calcium back to go into balance. Potassium back to regulating calcium influx into the cell, and calcium going in and out of the cell optimally to maintain an ionic gradient that allows for the heart muscle to contract (depolarize) and relax (depolarize) in a manner closer to optimality.

I don't know if it's because mb was used as an electron donor to fill in for an oxygen deficit (due to ischemia) and it jumpstarted the mitochondria in the cardiac muscles towards effective mitochondrial respiration. With the increased energy production, more blood was being pumped, or blood was being pumped by the blood and the result is higher pressure as well. The higher pressure should perhaps be seen as a positive. It would likely lower over time as the body adapts to this new normal.

Yes, I was thinking it could be temporary too. So far I’m noticing only good things myself from urea at 15 mg bid. Keep us posted please!

yerrag

Yes, I was thinking it could be temporary too. So far I’m noticing only good things myself from urea at 15 mg bid. Keep us posted please!
I hope my creatinine goes down as well. But I have to limit my tests so I just focused on the liver. It was a good choice as @Mauritio's post indicates the effect on the liver is more evident.

yerrag

Since Peat has said that ECG's QTc value can give us a good indication if we are hypothyroid or not, I find it good to have a personal ECG device.

Today I saw my QTc value go from 460 msec (slightly hypothyroid) in the morning to what I consider hyperthyroid at 379 msec 2 hours after I took 10mg of mb. I use 440 msec as my cutoff, although Ray has said it could go a little lower.

If I use the QTc as my basis, I may be able to find the right dose of mb to use that gets me in the ballpark of being euthyroid when I'm slightly hypothyroid. It may be that I could also use the ECG to help me determine the dosing for metabolic boosters such as b1, b3, t3, and progesterone.

I could definitely see my temperature boosted with my ear thermometer reading 37 C during the time of day when it usually reads 36.8 C.

Thought I'd inject this trivia in.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

FYI, with the new year, I have resumed taking Urea, but in lower doses. Currently, I am doing 30g a day, and plan to do this longer term, at least a month, likely more.

After trying the higher doses, 30g a day is so easy to take. I find the flavor easy to mask, and no issues with nausea or anything so far (and I suspect this won't happen). If it does, I will pause for a day. I may even do a lower dose over time (say, 20 or 15g per day). I'll update with any noticeable effects.

I will also try the Brussells Champagne, at some point. I do have some fresh lemons now.

Parrot

I am also starting a regime of Urea - 15grams/day sipped in drinking water. I intend to do this for 7 days and will post my perceived outcome, positive, neutral or negative.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Great post. Could you let us know if the positive effects persist after stopping supplementation?
Basically, for the remainder of 2021, I took no urea, but the benefits in healing gums seemed to remain. The feeling of being "jacked" faded, but most of the minor aches and pains did not return.

I think it does a lot of beneficial things and helps to heal in a lot of ways. I think these things will persist after supplementation, providing you still get enough protein (or nitrogen or CO2) afterwards, or you don't reinjure yourself.

I have started a lower dosage again with the new year, and the "jacked" feeling has returned. I think the 30g of Urea plus about 120g of protein (maybe more) a day have a lot of benefits that you would see on a 200g protein diet, without the extra food and calories, based on that study I posted in the OP.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Basically, for the remainder of 2021, I took no urea, but the benefits in healing gums seemed to remain. The feeling of being "jacked" faded, but most of the minor aches and pains did not return.

I think it does a lot of beneficial things and helps to heal in a lot of ways. I think these things will persist after supplementation, providing you still get enough protein (or nitrogen or CO2) afterwards, or you don't reinjure yourself.

I have started a lower dosage again with the new year, and the "jacked" feeling has returned. I think the 30g of Urea plus about 120g of protein (maybe more) a day have a lot of benefits that you would see on a 200g protein diet, without the extra food and calories, based on that study I posted in the OP.
I’m currently having 80-100 grams of protein a day and 20 grams urea. I did 30 grams of urea for a little while but the week before last I suddenly vomited twice without much warning so I decided to cut back a bit. A nephrologist I read recommends .25-.50 g/kg for people with hyponatremia so I’m staying in that range for now. I find it just as beneficial without the GI inconvenience.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

So far, the thing that best masks the flavor is "Arnold Palmer Half and Half" instant drink mix. Seems to have the right amount of tea, lemon, and sugar to hide the flavor. I mix 30g of Urea with 8oz of water, and use 2 Tablespoons of the mix, and it seems to work best. Doesn't look like there are any seriously offensive ingredients, either. Gatorade powder also seems to work well.

Gustav3Y

@yerrag
What are your serum urea levels while taking urea? I am curious did they went up or they are the same as before more or less?
ALT and AST were very high and came down a lot to normal levels, impressive.

yerrag

@yerrag
What are your serum urea levels while taking urea? I am curious did they went up or they are the same as before more or less?
ALT and AST were very high and came down a lot to normal levels, impressive.
I didn't check my BUN. They've been fine before and I wanted also to cut back on the cost of testing. I was doing weekly tests and costs could add up.

Yes, I was glad the liver enzymes went down quickly.

Parrot

I am also starting a regime of Urea - 15grams/day sipped in drinking water. I intend to do this for 7 days and will post my perceived outcome, positive, neutral or negative.

So, I noticed the following:-

- my stomach did not like this concoction mixed with water and orange juice, especially the first few sips. After about 4 days this stopped.
- I think the spider veins on my right foot improved slightly
- I believe I felt calmer
- My tinnitus become more noticeable, but only some of the time
- No noticeable change to circles under the eyes (these are from the inside of the eye about half way round.
- Belly fat is very flabby in distinct pockets but still there, however it is not as hard and solid as it was.

From here I plan to do nothing in February and then try 30 grams/day sipped in water and orange juice in March.

Vinny

Following

K

Kaur Singh

@Blossom @tankasnowgod
Will you share where you got your urea from?

I have only seen USP grade sold at a minimum of 1 kg
I'm leery of customs stopping it, where I live
A smaller mount may not raise eyebrows
Health Natura stopped carrying it a while ago already too.

**edited**
I'm also curious if anyone using it now
had low urea in blood test at any point in yer lives
and if you exude(d) ammonia through your skin
(as part of your medical history, not concurrent with urea use)
?

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals