Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

Elephanto

I feel like I followed most of that and didn't see results that fixed the disorder. Perhaps magnesium and niacinamide I never used, but about everything else I had good and quite hypo.
Well I did mention that I think Fluoride is the main factor stopping recovery/progress and that it is the reason why many hypothyroids feel like they have to supplement thyroid for life.

Let's say your Iodine uptake is 90+% blocked from a calcified thyroid gland, you can't get the sufficient dose of Iodine from the RDA and it can explain why high dose makes you feel good. Iodine is essential for thyroid production.

Arrade

Well I did mention that I think Fluoride is the main factor stopping recovery/progress and that it is the reason why many hypothyroids feel like they have to supplement thyroid for life.
I'll be ordering and trying the boron.
Ironically my dad was a plumber and we had a at home filter system that I think removed all hard minerals including flouride, so that was at least 1/3 of me growing up.
So drinking/using flourideless water I had hypo

Elephanto

I'll be ordering and trying the boron.
Ironically my dad was a plumber and we had a at home filter system that I think removed all hard minerals including flouride, so that was at least 1/3 of me growing up.
So drinking/using flourideless water I had hypo
What about toothpastes, commercial drinks like sodas and dilluted juices, bottled water etc ? Higher Omega 6 and xenoestrogens intake in childhood, could be a different reason why you were hypo than the current reason. It should at least be one of the first things to try for hypos, considering that anyway Boron has many other beneficial properties like being a potent anti-parasitic (Candida) agent, anti-inflammatory and for systemic decalcification, the redirection of calcium into bones.

xetawaves

What about toothpastes, commercial drinks like sodas and dilluted juices, bottled water etc ? Higher Omega 6 and xenoestrogens intake in childhood, could be a different reason why you were hypo than the current reason. It should at least be one of the first things to try for hypos, considering that anyway Boron has many other beneficial properties like being a potent anti-parasitic (Candida) agent, anti-inflammatory and for systemic decalcification, the redirection of calcium into bones.

I've been on the fence about adding Boron to my regimen, and your post just helped me make the decision to add it. What dosage do you suggest?

@Elephanto
- When coffee make's your limbs cold then that is the effect of adrenaline constricting arteries, which could mean you have somewhat low androgens for vasodilation for blood flow.
- Yeah that's a good point on fluoride. Now a days I use fluoride toothpaste not to brush my teeth with, but to clean my toothbrush. lol
I jumped off clomid and right on to Prog, which is what made me feel bad, per se, not jumping off clomid.

But, still.. god I felt so good on clomid. :(
:eek: Withania somnifera & Tribulus terrestris together act like Clomiphene :D
"The effect of the combination of WS and TT were compared with clomiphene citrate an orally active nonsteroidal agent. It binds to both estrogen receptor α (ERα) and estrogen receptor β (ERβ), and acts as a pure estrogen antagonist by stimulating Gonadotropin releasing hormone secretion.28

The phytochemical investigations of WS and TT demonstrated the presence of phytoestrogens such as phytosterol, saponins, phenols, and flavanoids. In Tribulus terrestris some saponins on hydrolysis give rise to steroidal sapogenin such as diosenin, gitogenin, chlorogenin, and ruscogenin, and an essential oil.10 Phytoestrogens have been shown to bind to two types of estrogen receptors ERα and ERβ.29 The mechanism of action of the test drugs due to presence of phytoestrogen in it is thought to be similar to the standard drug clomiphene citrate in normalization of the hormonal level and induction of ovulation. Further efficacy of antioxidant drugs in PCOS has also been noted in vitro.30 Interestingly, both the drugs possess antioxidant activity.9, 11 Withania somnifera supports overall functions of endocrine system. The aerial part and fruit of Tribulus terrestris promote regular ovulation and may reduce ovarian cyst in women with PCOS.13 "
Effect of combination of Withania somnifera Dunal and Tribulus terrestris Linn on letrozole induced polycystic ovarian syndrome in rats

geneu

Boron—Essential To Ray Peat Health?

Boron is HIGHLY estrogenic. The bodybuilding community was crazy about it in the 1990s, but then they found out first hand that it raises estrogen (I think all 3 types) and dumped it. Boron has similar effects to cadmium, nickel, cobalt, etc and they are all estrogenic and carcinogenic in higher doses.
Peat is right that unless you are deficient you'd better not mess with it. See below for a study in men.

The effect of boron supplementation on its urinary excretion and selected cardiovascular risk factors in healthy male subjects

"...Supplementation with 10 mg B/d for 4 wk resulted in 84% of the supplemented dose being recovered in the urine. Plasma estradiol concentrations increased significantly as a result of supplementation (51.9±21.4 to 73.9±22.2 pmol/L;p<0.004) and there was a trend for plasma testosterone levels to be increased. However, there was no difference in plasma lipids or the oxidizability of low-density lipoprotein Our studies suggest that the absorption efficiency of B is very high and estimation of the urinary B concentration may provide a useful reflection of B intake. In addition, the elevation of endogenous estrogen as a result of supplementation suggests a protective role for B in atherosclerosis."

Elephanto

Boron—Essential To Ray Peat Health?

Boron is HIGHLY estrogenic. The bodybuilding community was crazy about it in the 1990s, but then they found out first hand that it raises estrogen (I think all 3 types) and dumped it. Boron has similar effects to cadmium, nickel, cobalt, etc and they are all estrogenic and carcinogenic in higher doses.
Peat is right that unless you are deficient you'd better not mess with it. See below for a study in men.

The effect of boron supplementation on its urinary excretion and selected cardiovascular risk factors in healthy male subjects

"...Supplementation with 10 mg B/d for 4 wk resulted in 84% of the supplemented dose being recovered in the urine. Plasma estradiol concentrations increased significantly as a result of supplementation (51.9±21.4 to 73.9±22.2 pmol/L;p<0.004) and there was a trend for plasma testosterone levels to be increased. However, there was no difference in plasma lipids or the oxidizability of low-density lipoprotein Our studies suggest that the absorption efficiency of B is very high and estimation of the urinary B concentration may provide a useful reflection of B intake. In addition, the elevation of endogenous estrogen as a result of supplementation suggests a protective role for B in atherosclerosis."

That's false actually.

Six hours supplementation showed a significant decrease on sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), high sensitive CRP (hsCRP) and TNF-α level. After one week (in samples taken at 8.00 A.M, only), the mean plasma free testosterone increased and the mean plasma estradiol decreased significantly.
(at 11.6mg Boron daily)
Comparative effects of daily and weekly boron supplementation on plasma steroid hormones and proinflammatory cytokines. - PubMed - NCBI

The potential for estrogen increase comes from its effect on lowering SHBG which frees up Testosterone for conversion into Aromatase that is promoted when the hormonal state of an individual tends away from protective parameters (High Serotonin, low CO2, High Endotoxins, High Cortisol, High Estrogen). It doesn't happen here in healthy athletes as chronically high Cortisol (and substances like Alcohol and Omega 6s) and Inflammation promote Aromatase. In the context of the bb.com guide, so many supps inhibit aromatase, cortisol and inflammation (Vitamin A, E, K2, Zinc, Selenium, Magnesium, Niacinamide, endotoxin reduction from coconut oil and avoiding wheat, O6) that even when prior hormonal balance is inadequate it probably has no chance to happen. For even more protection, one can also focus on increasing SHBG to counter-balance this effect : Olive Oil (1-2 tsps), fixing Insulin Resistance, reducing fructose intake, reducing fat intake and lipolysis (Niacinamide, Palmitic Acid, anti-stress supps in general), using Zinc and Ginger which promote HNF-4 alpha (an SHBG promoter), inhibiting TNF-Alpha which is a downregulator of HNF4-alpha and fixing liver health since HNF4-alpha is a marker of it (Taurine, Zinc, lower fat intake, antioxidants, anti-endotoxins, Iron chelation).

For instance I won't take Boron if I ejaculate in the days prior or after, as ejaculation potentiates Estrogen Receptors and Prolactin for several days.

@xetawaves Anywhere from 6 to 15 mg I found was the most effective to improve hair thickness.

Last edited:

Arrade

I just got the same boron, scared to try it simple because I think my stress levels were high. I’ll wait until I feel healthier in case it could raise my estro

Arrade

I mainly did not drink soda or bottled water at the time. Toothpaste idk why it would have a stronger effect on me. Childhood wise is more difficult to say but I don't think it was loathsome

Elephanto

Arrade

All based on the same study which I disproved by another study that shows it "significantly decreased Estradiol". Honestly the "rumor" that it is estrogenic might just be related to the general suppression of Boron in mainstream science the same way saturated fats were demonized. The article I shared to you talk about this.
https://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/doc_view/227-the-borax-conspiracy
Just scanned it. Makes sense. Hey, they haven't banned it in 6 years tho

Progesterone

@General Orange you on clomid yet?

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna give it another chance, probably dose tomorrow morning 12.5mg.

Prog makes me feel like absolute garbage compared to clomid.

Clomid makes me feel like the old me, in the best way possible.

I was talking to a friend of mine who has PFS, and he is on Testosterone injections (he's a huge **** bodybuilder) but he recently tried Clomid for 1 month and he felt FANTASTIC, workouts were amazing, etc. The only thing it didn't help were his erections. He's a very sad case where fin shrunk his **** and basically atrophied it somewhat. But for everything non-**** related, made him feel great, and keep him mind he's already on T, and is a huuuge **** bodybuilder type.

japanesedude

once when you quit using clomid ,you have to deal with nasty Estrogen rebound from it.(in my case,I got ED and weightgain about a month)
There is a reason why anabolicsteroid users take it with Nolvadex.

Arrade

once when you quit using clomid ,you have to deal with nasty Estrogen rebound from it.(in my case,I got ED and weightgain about a month)
There is a reason why anabolicsteroid users take it with Nolvadex.
Nolvadex is also a SERM so I don't know how you would avoid the rebound

xetawaves

@General Orange you on clomid yet?

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna give it another chance, probably dose tomorrow morning 12.5mg.

Prog makes me feel like absolute garbage compared to clomid.

Clomid makes me feel like the old me, in the best way possible.

I was talking to a friend of mine who has PFS, and he is on Testosterone injections (he's a huge **** bodybuilder) but he recently tried Clomid for 1 month and he felt FANTASTIC, workouts were amazing, etc. The only thing it didn't help were his erections. He's a very sad case where fin shrunk his **** and basically atrophied it somewhat. But for everything non-**** related, made him feel great, and keep him mind he's already on T, and is a huuuge **** bodybuilder type.

Just wanna say, it's pretty alarming how common finasteride is becoming. Especially with these companies like Keeps and Hims handing it out like candy all while saying that it's a safe drug.

Arrade

Just wanna say, it's pretty alarming how common finasteride is becoming. Especially with these companies like Keeps and Hims handing it out like candy all while saying that it's a safe drug.
Yeah I saw those ads on my facebook quite often. I think the owners of the company typically use the drugs themselves.
Honestly I think some people like Ashton Kutcher seem to tolerate them pretty well.
I heard Trinov, the brotzu lotion, maybe be coming out soon which will drastically improve the situation if its effective

xetawaves

Yeah I saw those ads on my facebook quite often. I think the owners of the company typically use the drugs themselves.
Honestly I think some people like Ashton Kutcher seem to tolerate them pretty well.
I heard Trinov, the brotzu lotion, maybe be coming out soon which will drastically improve the situation if its effective

Sites are saying it'll be available at the beginning of December. I plan on buying a few bottles, because it's going to sell out fast. I think it will probably at least halt hair loss, but I'll remain skeptical when it comes to regrowth.

Still blows my mind how we're about to be in 2019, and there is still no cure for this horrible disease. What a shame.

Progesterone

Sites are saying it'll be available at the beginning of December. I plan on buying a few bottles, because it's going to sell out fast. I think it will probably at least halt hair loss, but I'll remain skeptical when it comes to regrowth.

Still blows my mind how we're about to be in 2019, and there is still no cure for this horrible disease. What a shame.

What sites?! I'll def buy some too!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals