Progesterone blunting male orgasm?

Progesterone

I'm taking 100mg oral progesterone powder (mostly daily and sometimes EOD), as well as 20mg+ of a topical progesterone cream (on the face) nightly.

Been on this regimen for months.

I've found that when I orgasm now, it is severely blunted, I barely feel any pleasure. Note that my ejaculation is solid white and shoots out in a healthy way.

Is this likely the culprit?

Has anyone else experienced this?

I know I have mentioned this side effect before, however wondering if I am the only one...

Thanks.

johnwester130

I'm taking 100mg oral progesterone powder (mostly daily and sometimes EOD), as well as 20mg+ of a topical progesterone cream (on the face) nightly.

I've found that when I orgasm now, it is severely blunted, I barely feel any pleasure. Note that my ejaculation is solid white and shoots out in a healthy way.

I know I have mentioned this side effect before, however wondering if I am the only one...

Thanks.

Yes, that sounds like too much

About 3mg per day shuld be better,

Can't you make your own solutions with progesterone powder? At least you can control the dosage

Matestube

Thanks.

Yes. Progesterone might be a hormone that contributes to health in some ways, but it sure contributes to blunting pleasure in many other ways.

PTP

100mg a day? As a man? Are you trying to transition or something?

Waynish

How long did you take this much and how has it changed you so far? Any reduction in facial hair?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
You meant the same from pregnenolone ?
To some degree yes.
I've heard Ray mentioning that he'd taken incredibly high daily pregnenolone doses for a year without any negative effects. He does acknowledge that progesterone can have a "cold shower" effect.

Matestube

I've heard Ray mentioning that he'd taken incredibly high daily pregnenolone doses for a year without any negative effects. He does acknowledge that progesterone can have a "cold shower" effect.

We all have different degrees of self-awareness.
I notice my emotions and ability to feel pleasure are blunted at 100mg pregnenolone per day. It feels serotonergic.

Maybe those are not important to Ray and he was assessing his success based on other parameters.

Epik

Thanks.
Have you tried adding 5-10mg of DHEA?

Epik

Nope.

Should I?

I am considering trying Tongali Ali.

I read a forum where someone said they got really good results on orgasm after using that.
I think you should try, but I'm not sure. I'm mostly asking to see what your experience was with the combo.

NewACC

We all have different degrees of self-awareness.
I notice my emotions and ability to feel pleasure are blunted at 100mg pregnenolone per day. It feels serotonergic.

Maybe those are not important to Ray and he was assessing his success based on other parameters.
Pregnenolone isn't proserotoninergic, but is pretty potent endocannabinoid antagonist, which can cause anhedonia in very high dose, but it can ber reversed by medium-high dose of oleamide - pretty potent endocannabinoid agonist

OP
P

Progesterone

Update:

Organic Black Maca (gelatinized) is the real deal, fixed my issues and then some.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals