testosterone total: 436 250-1100 ng/dl

testosterone free: 82.8 35-155 pg/nl

Vitamin d: 42 30-100 ng/ml

shbg: 27 10-50 nmol/l

Any thoughts?

OP
J

Joocy_J

I am going to increase my vitamin d dose to get my level to the top of the range. I also might go for trt , as nothing else is working for me.

OP
J

Joocy_J

I have also switched from three grains of NDT to two grains and fifty mcg of t3 spread throughout the day. Things I have noticed on this dose is that my acne is worse and my temps are dropping after breakfast as opposed to raising like on three grains of NDT

OP
J

Joocy_J

halken said:
post 103800 Try looking beyond supplementation.

What else is there? My diet is good, I get regular sunlight, regular socialization, etc..

Last edited by a moderator:

Sea

What are your macros?

Have you tried frequent doses of aspirin, salt, and caffeine?

OP
J

Joocy_J

Sea said:
post 103840 What are your macros?

macros are 50-60% carbs, 20-25% fats, 20-25% protein.

I salt my food throughout the day and I drink coffee in the am.

I tried aspirin before and it gave me a sharp pain in my gut. I think aspirin is one of the things peat is wrong about, I think it can actually give people ulcers.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:
OP
J

Joocy_J

Sea

Joocy_J said:
post 103842
Sea said:
post 103840 What are your macros?

macros are 50-60% carbs, 20-25% fats, 20-25% protein.

I salt my food throughout the day and I drink coffee in the am.

I tried aspirin before and it gave me a sharp pain in my gut. I think aspirin is one of the things peat is wrong about, I think it can actually give people ulcers.

Aspirin can give people ulcers, but you can reduce and probably completely eliminate that possibility with co ingestion of niacinamide, caffeine, glycine, vitamin k2, and making sure to not be in a caloric deficit. Ray Peat also recommends dissolving the tablet in some hot water so you only are consuming the water soluble aspirin. Aspirin is one of the most basic substances you can take to increase libido.

Another supplement to consider is caffeine. I take in around 1500mg caffeine split evenly throughout the day and you can see some studies have been posted in the forum showing that higher dosages of caffeine increase libido. You don't need this high a dosage, but I would try for 800mg either from espresso shots or caffeine pills or some other concentrated source of caffeine maybe 4 times throughout the day.

Also how much salt do you estimate you take/day?

michael94

Joocy_J said:
post 103832
icecreamlover said:

isn't clomid highly estrogenic?

Clomid is a SERM, so kind of, highly anti-estrogen to the HPTA but pro-estrogen in some other areas. Results are mixed as far as well-being is concerned but they're mostly positive and reversal of hypogonadism with clomid is well documented and consistent. I don't mean to be negative but I would put my money on continuing to try and improve your metabolism having minimal effects on your steroid hormones. Carry on with the improving your diet/lifestyle of course, but clomid is the gold standard for your situation ( assuming you want children, otherwise just inject some test ). Pregenelone/DHEA may be good to supplement alongside as well, though YMMV. Do some research, you will find tons of info just in an hour googling.

OP
J

Joocy_J

icecreamlover said:
Joocy_J said:
post 103832
icecreamlover said:

Clomid is a SERM, so kind of, highly anti-estrogen to the HPTA but pro-estrogen in some other areas. Results are mixed as far as well-being is concerned but they're mostly positive and reversal of hypogonadism with clomid is well documented and consistent. I don't mean to be negative but I would put my money on continuing to try and improve your metabolism having minimal effects on your steroid hormones. Carry on with the improving your diet/lifestyle of course, but clomid is the gold standard for your situation ( assuming you want children, otherwise just inject some test ). Pregenelone/DHEA may be good to supplement alongside as well, though YMMV. Do some research, you will find tons of info just in an hour googling.

Thanks for the info, I will look into clomid. I don't really want children so I might just inject test.

Also, If I were to take clomid should I take it along side a thyroid sup? Or should I drop the thyroid for the clomid? thanks

michael94

Joocy_J said:
post 103859
icecreamlover said:
Joocy_J said:
post 103832
icecreamlover said:

Thanks for the info, I will look into clomid. I don't really want children so I might just inject test.

Test + HCG, along with pregenelone/t3 as needed could work very well for you. The downside is you have to inject yourself semi-regularly which is quite a change from taking some pills.

"Also, If I were to take clomid should I take it along side a thyroid sup? Or should I drop the thyroid for the clomid? thanks"

I would continue taking the thyroid sup, though I'm not familiar enough with clomid's effects in this regard to give you a definitive answer either way. I say yes until you find some solid research or personal experience that says otherwise.

OP
J

Joocy_J

icecreamlover said:
post 103863
Joocy_J said:
post 103859
icecreamlover said:
Joocy_J said:
post 103832
icecreamlover said:

Test + HCG could work well for you, along with pregenelone/t3 as needed could work very well for you. The downside is you have to inject yourself semi-regularly which is quite a change from taking some pills.

Assuming I try the test + hcg would I be on for life or can I just come off at any point? I have heard mixed things about this.

I don't have an issue with injecting myself, have you ever tried trt? If so I would be interested to hear of your experiences.

michael94

Joocy_J said:
post 103864

Assuming I try the test + hcg would I be on for life or can I just come off at any point? I have heard mixed things about this.

I don't have an issue with injecting myself, have you ever tried trt? If so I would be interested to hear of your experiences.

You could come off with proper pct but would most likely just be back to your old self. In a minority of cases men are slightly worse off than they were before. That's why I suggest seeing if clomid works well for you first before you jump into HCG and/or TRT. I've not gone on TRT myself, but the injections are not bad at all on a long test esther (2-3 times a week generally ). It can complicate your life a bit when traveling and what not but that's a small price to pay for the benefits, imo.

OP
J

Joocy_J

icecreamlover said:
post 103865
Joocy_J said:
post 103864

You could come off with proper pct but would most likely just be back to your old self. In a minority of cases men are slightly worse off than they were before. That's why I suggest seeing if clomid works well for you first before you jump into HCG and/or TRT. I've not gone on TRT myself, but the injections are not bad at all on a long test esther (2-3 times a week generally ). It can complicate your life a bit when traveling and what not but that's a small price to pay for the benefits, imo.

Okay thanks,

My plan for now is to try:

First - DHEA
Second - Clomid
Third - TRT

tara

Joocy_J said:
post 103833
halken said:
post 103800 Try looking beyond supplementation.

What else is there? My diet is good, I get regular sunlight, regular socialization, etc..

Time?
How long did it take you to drive your metabolism down? How long have you been meeting your nutritional needs for (including eating to appetite)?

Have you had any improvements in any areas since you made these changes? If you've not had any improvements, then it seems reasonable to consider other approaches. If you've had some beginning changes to a good direction, then it could be that you are on a good path and will eventually get improvements in more areas. Libido is not always the first function to come back on line - if you have been depleted, the body may have other priorities to attend to first.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals