Lost Libido

Evandrojr

chill out on the protein for a while, it reduces dopamine and you need that for libido. I used to try to counteract protein powder and meat protein by taking a good amount of Great Lakes Gelatin at the same time. Made absolutely no difference in my libido.
Oh really? What do you think is an appropriate daily protein intake? I am currently at 200gr (I weigh 180 lbs). I average 3,000 kcal/day.

Last edited:
OP
Healthia

Healthia

Also, try taking a week or two off from the gym. If you're over training that can have a huge impact on your libido. Experiment, experiment, experiment...on every facet of your life: sleep, water intake, traing, supplements, no supplements, increase fat intake, decrease fat intake, if you drink alcohol try taking a week or two off from that, etc... it's frustrating, depressing even but you will find out what works if you keep on experimenting. Just don't keep adding things, you also have to experiment with subtracting things as well. Best of luck to you!

OP
Healthia

Healthia

I just eat when I'm hungry now. I don't try to hit a certain number of cals per day. I generally hover between 205-215 lbs. here's the thing that I had to come to grips with. Training and eating like a bodybuilder can be in direct opposition to gaining your libido back. Take a gym vacation, and crank back your meals so that u are only eating when you are hungry (for a little while) see if it makes a difference. It's all part of the experimenting. Experiment with all facets of your daily routine. You'll never know what's impacting what unless experiment.

Oh really? What do you think is an appropriate daily protein intake? I am currently at 200gr (I weigh 180 lbs). I average 3,000 kcal/day.

OP
Healthia

Healthia

Just thought of a few more things that I eat regularly. Cottage cheese, watermelon, cantaloupe, Greek yogurt, sweet potatoes.

Thank you so much for your insight, @Healthia. I don't mean to be a pain, but I am sure you can imagine how many of us are still struggling and although the self-experimentation is surely the best route, sometimes some more solid guidelines can really help us leaping forward. Therefore, could you please outline what a day of eating/supps look like for you?? Sorry to insist. Many many thanks!

vkg1

Hi Healthia, do I understand correctly that you were suffering from reduced libido for about 3 years and the thing that finally worked to bring it back was stopping all supplements except occasional magnesium alongside generally trying to eat reasonably healthy and not overtrain?

sladerunner69

@vkg1. Yes that is correct.

Yep sounds like your estrogen was suppressed to strongly. Peat protocol can tend to do that, I've been experimenting with raising my estrogen lately because I have low libido which actually strengthens the day after eating PUFA or drinking beers, etc. It's quite strange really. I think that staying away from vitamins and hormonal supplements is smart if you suspect low estroidiol.

PeatReader

***********Update 11-29-2016************

My libido has come back with a vengeance!
...Here are the supplements I took:

• 5,000 iu vitamin D
• 3 mg Boron
• 11 mg Zinc Picolinate
• 500 mg Magnesium Carbonate
• 500 mg Calcium
• 5 mg DHEA 2x per day
• Vitamin K2 (mk-4 and Mk-7) I will expand more on this as my dosage varied
• 3-4 oz Grass Fed Beef Liver 2x per week (mostly for Vitamin A)
• 4 oz Natto twice per week
• Milk Thistle (for enhanced liver function)

@Healthia Is this regimen still working for you and have you made any tweaks or learned any other insights since doing this? I noticed in another later thread you mentioned:

Healthia said:
I have had amazing success with massively increased libido using the Vitamin K and Pansterone on scrotum

I'm curious was that because the first regimen started to not work?

Frankdee20

Alcohol destroys my libido and erection quality when I binge for days on end.... It’s a depressant and makes me to sad to think about sex

T

TheBeard

@Healthia Is this regimen still working for you and have you made any tweaks or learned any other insights since doing this? I noticed in another later thread you mentioned:

I'm curious was that because the first regimen started to not work?

Dude, he loged in for the last time more than 1 year ago...

VansEnigma

Yep sounds like your estrogen was suppressed to strongly. Peat protocol can tend to do that, I've been experimenting with raising my estrogen lately because I have low libido which actually strengthens the day after eating PUFA or drinking beers, etc. It's quite strange really. I think that staying away from vitamins and hormonal supplements is smart if you suspect low estroidiol.
I experienced this as well. How are you doing now @Healthia ?

Any recommendations to restore healthy estrogen levels?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals