Lost Libido

OP
Healthia

Healthia

The original post.

Not sure if you read through the entire post but I ended up fixing my libido issue with some supplements and diet. Check it out if you haven't read all the way through.

OP
Healthia

Healthia

I was seriously worried there for a few months. I tried so many dietary and supplement changes I was about to give up. I'll have to put up the final version of everything that ended up working. It's pretty close to what I had posted last week but with a few tweeks.

Seeweed65

The Vitamin K2 as Mk-4 and Mk-7 was kind of all over the place. At first I was only getting my K2 as Mk-7 by eating natto twice a week. After a little research I decided to actually take both forms of K2 as supplements. I probably will not continue with these high amounts but for the short term I have been taking the following:

This once to twice a week
and
This once to twice a week

@Healthia hope it's still going good for you! Did you notice the change before or after you started taken K2 as a supplement!

OP
Healthia

Healthia

@Healthia hope it's still going good for you! Did you notice the change before or after you started taken K2 as a supplement!

I had an uptick in libido for a week or so but it went away. I'm going to get an in depth blood panel done. I feel like I'm shooting in the dark as to what hormones/vitamin/mineral levels I should be trying to elevate or decrease. I will update this thread after bloodwork results are in.

@Healthia

Whenever i feel like no libido

Sometimes it needs dopamine levels to go up

So l tyrosine 500 mg 2 times during the day

And lysine is really good for libido
3 times a day with some sweet drink

Did you try them ?

OP
Healthia

Healthia

@Healthia

Whenever i feel like no libido

Sometimes it needs dopamine levels to go up

So l tyrosine 500 mg 2 times during the day

And lysine is really good for libido
3 times a day with some sweet drink

Did you try them ?

Great minds think alike. I've actually been taking L-Tyrosine the past 3 days to see if a dopamine boost might do the trick. 1,000 mg on day 1 did not increase libido, nor did 1,500mg or 2,500mg on day 2 and 3 respectively.

I tried many type of l lysine

They dont really work donno why

The one that worked for me
Was the vitaminshoppe brand

Its gonna cause u two things

Hunger . Happiness. And libido

I mean three things hahahah

Evandrojr

H
I was seriously worried there for a few months. I tried so many dietary and supplement changes I was about to give up. I'll have to put up the final version of everything that ended up working. It's pretty close to what I had posted last week but with a few tweeks.
Hi @Healthia, thanks for all the info. Eagerly waiting on your final list of what worked/didn't work. I'm curious as to why no mention of Niacinamide, as going through some B3 threads it seems like it's helped a lot of people in the libido/erection department.

Evandrojr

H

Hi @Healthia, thanks for all the info. Eagerly waiting on your final list of what worked/didn't work. I'm curious as to why no mention of Niacinamide, as going through some B3 threads it seems like it's helped a lot of people in the libido/erection department.
Great minds think alike. I've actually been taking L-Tyrosine the past 3 days to see if a dopamine boost might do the trick. 1,000 mg on day 1 did not increase libido, nor did 1,500mg or 2,500mg on day 2 and 3 respectively.
Also, would you mind terribly sharing your diet? I'd be particularly curious in your pre and post workout foods/coffee, etc. Thanks!

OP
Healthia

Healthia

Well, it's been quite a while since I posted on here but here is the update. I basically tried every supplement hack and diet hack (including Ray Pete's diet recomendations... oh God THE LIVER) and nothing worked. Having lost all hope I went off all my supplements and went back to eating the way I used to: meat, vegetables and fruits with a small amount of dairy. I also cut out protein powder as I considered this a supplement. I also read a very interesting study that was done on wistar rats that concluded that only an hour a day of exposure to cell phone EMF signals produced by cells phones reduced testosterone by up to 50%. Needless to say I DO NOT keep my cell phone in my front pocket anymore (right next to my boys) , or on my body.

Long story short since making those changes I am getting boners all the time now. Libido is good. Erections are strong.

This has been a very difficult and emotional three year journey for me. I would say the biggest thing that I realized is that supplementing with vitamins is a huge juggling game. Too much of one vitamin cancels out others and it gets very very complicated. Sometimes the best thing to do is go on an extended supplement vacation and see what happens.

H

Last edited:

Evandrojr

Well, it's been quite a while since I posted on here but here is the update. I basically tried every supplement hack and diet hack (including Ray Pete's diet recomendations... oh God THE LIVER) and nothing worked. Having lost all hope I went off all my supplements and went back to eating the way I used to: meat, vegetables and fruits with a small amount of dairy. I also cut out protein powder as I considered this a supplement. I also read a study that was done on wistar rats that only an hour a day of exposure to cell phone EMF signals reduced testosterone by up to 50%. Needless to say I DO NOT keep my cell phone in my front pocket anymore, or an my body.

Long story short since making those changes I am getting boners all the time now. Libido is good. Erections are strong.

This has been a three year journey for me. I would say the biggest thing that I realized is that supplementing with vitamins is a huge juggling game. Too much of one vitamin cancels out others and it gets very very complicated. Sometimes the best thing to do is go on an extended supplement vacation and see what happens.
Thank you so much for your insight, @Healthia. I don't mean to be a pain, but I am sure you can imagine how many of us are still struggling and although the self-experimentation is surely the best route, sometimes some more solid guidelines can really help us leaping forward. Therefore, could you please outline what a day of eating/supps look like for you?? Sorry to insist. Many many thanks!

OP
Healthia

Healthia

Like I indicated in my post I have stopped all supplements/vitamins/minerals including protein powders. So I don't have any guidelines there. The only one that i still take once in a while is magnesium carbonate. But I only take that if I get muscle cramps or muscle tremors. When I take it they go away which leads me to believe I am a bit deficient. As far as diet is concerned I am a bachelor so I generally bulk cook:
beef stew with carrots, potatoes, onions, chicken broth, celery. Sirloin burgers a few times a week. Eggs and egg salad almost everyday, sweet potatoes a few times a week, bananas once in a while, orange juice 2-4 cups a day, 3-4 cups of milk a day (sometimes none), chicken soup with the following ingredients: 5-6 cloves of garlic, 5 table spoons olive oil, canalli beans, carrots, spinach, chicken, chicken broth, yellow squash, green squash. I eat cheese here and there, bread once in a while, pasta once or twice a week, cereal once in a great while. Mashed potatoes with lots of butter and butter milk. Peanuts and sunflower seeds sparingly. Broccoli a few times a week. That's really it. I have been so regimented the last 3 years with all my supplements and diet hacks that I just eat loose and free now. I know this is of little help but it's the way I eat now.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the thousand dollars worth of supplements taking up an entire cabinet in my kitchen. Maybe eBay :):

Thank you so much for your insight, @Healthia. I don't mean to be a pain, but I am sure you can imagine how many of us are still struggling and although the self-experimentation is surely the best route, sometimes some more solid guidelines can really help us leaping forward. Therefore, could you please outline what a day of eating/supps look like for you?? Sorry to insist. Many many thanks!

Evandrojr

Like I indicated in my post I have stopped all supplements/vitamins/minerals including protein powders. So I don't have any guidelines there. The only one that i still take once in a while is magnesium carbonate. But I only take that if I get muscle cramps or muscle tremors. When I take it they go away which leads me to believe I am a bit deficient. As far as diet is concerned I am a bachelor so I generally bulk cook:
beef stew with carrots, potatoes, onions, chicken broth, celery. Sirloin burgers a few times a week. Eggs and egg salad almost everyday, sweet potatoes a few times a week, bananas once in a while, orange juice 2-4 cups a day, 3-4 cups of milk a day (sometimes none), chicken soup with the following ingredients: 5-6 cloves of garlic, 5 table spoons olive oil, canalli beans, carrots, spinach, chicken, chicken broth, yellow squash, green squash. I eat cheese here and there, bread once in a while, pasta once or twice a week, cereal once in a great while. Mashed potatoes with lots of butter and butter milk. Peanuts and sunflower seeds sparingly. Broccoli a few times a week. That's really it. I have been so regimented the last 3 years with all my supplements and diet hacks that I just eat loose and free now. I know this is of little help but it's the way I eat now.

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the thousand dollars worth of supplements taking up an entire cabinet in my kitchen. Maybe eBay :)
Awesome, this is really very helpful, thank you so much!!! And I am glad you found your optimal regimen. I very much agree with being minimalist with supplements, but when things just don't seem to be working, it's natural to try and solve it with supplements. I will go back to ceasing all of them for a little while, based on your advice. And also reduce dairy... I am now drinking about 3 litters of milk a day, plus casein before bed, and although I feel my digestion is great, as is quality of sleep and muscle growth, the libido dept started suffering ever since i upped dairy. So I'll cut back on that.

Many thanks for the tips!!

Evandrojr

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the thousand dollars worth of supplements taking up an entire cabinet in my kitchen. Maybe eBay :)
Oh sorry, last quick question: Do you Intermittent Fast? And do you drink coffee? Thanks ;)

OP
Healthia

Healthia

I do notice a huge increase in nocturnal erections when I take the magnesium carbonate. I generally wake up 2-3 times a night and when I take the magnesium I notice that every time I awake I have an erection. I have heard that our soils are so depleted very little magnesium gets into our fruits and vegetable, and subsequently many people in the United States are deficient in magnesiums. It's worth a shot. Try it! I would recommend that you go on a supplement vacation for a week or two before trying it. So many supplements interact and cancel each other out.

OP
Healthia

Healthia

i wake up and get a venti coffe at Starbucks upon awakening. Then I do not eat for at least 3-4 hours. I don't know if that is good or bad but it's basically what I've been doing for many years. I do most of my eating from 2:00pm until bedtime. I don't intermittently fast unless you consider my daily morning routine fasting.

Oh sorry, last quick question: Do you Intermittent Fast? And do you drink coffee? Thanks ;)

Evandrojr

i wake up and get a venti coffe at Starbucks upon awakening. Then I do not eat for at least 3-4 hours. I don't know if that is good or bad but it's basically what I've been doing for many years. I do most of my eating from 2:00pm until bedtime. I don't intermittently fast unless you consider my daily morning routine fasting.
Amazing, truly helpful. Thank you so very much!

OP
Healthia

Healthia

chill out on the protein for a while, it reduces dopamine and you need that for libido. I used to try to counteract protein powder and meat protein by taking a good amount of Great Lakes Gelatin at the same time. Made absolutely no difference in my libido.

Awesome, this is really very helpful, thank you so much!!! And I am glad you found your optimal regimen. I very much agree with being minimalist with supplements, but when things just don't seem to be working, it's natural to try and solve it with supplements. I will go back to ceasing all of them for a little while, based on your advice. And also reduce dairy... I am now drinking about 3 litters of milk a day, plus casein before bed, and although I feel my digestion is great, as is quality of sleep and muscle growth, the libido dept started suffering ever since i upped dairy. So I'll cut back on that.

Many thanks for the tips!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals