Please help,treatment for genital anesthesia and no libido

forexworld12

About 1 year 4 months ago I was diagnosed with GAD and panic attacks and was prescribed escitalopram and later Paxil. I too it for 3 months and completely stopped it due to the side effect it was causing . It caused me numb Penis and Killed my Libido

Now as my anxiety is coming back and I am starting escitalopram 5mg again a day I want to know does adding wellbutrin 150 mg bring back the penis sensation and libido and gives you normal sex ??
If not what other best solution you can mix with ssri do give you permenent result ?

Thank you

Re: Please help,treatment for genital anesthesia and no libi

Having also been on paxil for 4 months over 18 months ago, I recommend not adding anymore drugs to the mix. Coming off paxil has very delayed effects. It makes it hard to determine what is working , what is not working, and what is paxil wd. Many try to add other drugs back in only to make things worse than before. Withdrawing multiple drugs at once is not fun. The libido and numbness will come back but you need patience. For me things were at their worst 11 months from my last dose. At 18 months i still feel the effects of coming off paxil. Libido is slowly climbing up though.
Hang in there and try and focus on passing lots of time. Work with your diet/supplements/lifestyle to find what makes things most bearable.

If you haven't found this site yet, it can be very useful for understanding pail withdraw: Paxilprogress.org

I must ask how frequently you are taking the escitalopram? If you have been taking it daily and have a dependence it may be wise to keep that dose consistent until paxil wd passes.

OP
F

forexworld12

hwy thank you for the informative post embs2001, I beleive The last time I took escitalopram was 1 year 2 months ago and the last time I took paxil was yeterday 12.5 mg and before that a year ago. I took paxil yesterday suddenly after a year because My anxiety was at peak. From yesterday there is great burning sensation on my face,legs,hands,eck,arms and back. Very annoying

But the sexual side effects with these burning combined is letal for me :(

OP
F

forexworld12

forget about sexual function man . i am feeling very sick I was on escitalopram for about 2 months from october 2012(about 1.4 years ago) but then later december 2012 I changed to paxil 12.5 mg Which I consumed for like 45 - 60 days max and then went cold turkey and completely stopped the medicine due to the sexual side effects.

I never faced any kind of withdrawal syndrome so I was happy but recently around from 3-4 weeks ago I am feeling huge huge anxiety and panic attacks, which was almost unberable yesterday so i was forced to take paxil again after a year) I just took 1 tablet and after 6 hours I am facing huge burning sensation all over my body. eyebrows,head,neck,arms,back and I am feeling very very hot like raging heat inside me my ears and body (It's still cold here) and cold chills and with extreme anxiety,ringing in the ears. I feel like crying I don't know whats happening. This never happened before..... are these withdrawal syndrome? If yes Why am I facing these after a year :idea:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals