Lost my libido looking for help.

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
I agree with @youngsinatra. Yoour testosterone is too low. It should be 600-800 and your e2 is too low should be around 20. Also your prolactin is too high. It should be below 15. High prolactin can sometimes cause low libido
I do not masterbate anymore. I used to masterbate at least twice a day. So I dont think thats the reason my prolactin is high. Do you have any suggestions to raise my Testosterone?

HumanLife

Other symptoms. I have trouble sleeping. Usually wake up at least 1 time to pee. Toss and turn a lot at night because of a nasal clog that will not go away. I can usually only breath through one nostril at night.
Terrible sleep would be a good explanation for the low testosterone.

Regarding the nasal clog, does this only develop while you are asleep?

You could be facing some allergies and gut issues, which in turn lead to lower testosterone and this estogen, and also be the reason you are requiring other medications. It is potentially high histame. Cyproheptadine is an anti-histamine and it can help with sleep. Vitamin E with mixed tocopherols also aids with allergies and Ray Peat calls it one of the safest supplements, if not the safest.

Also check your pillow and sheets - you might be allergic to the material.

I would replace the bacon and maybe even the chicken with beef because of potential PUFA content but I can understand this might be a cost issue. Beef cooked with butter, garlic and spring leek tastes good. You can add an onion too and add ketchup from a glass ketchup bottle.

Runenight201

Where is the calcium!!!

No cheese? No Raw milk?

Try adding those 2 foods and see if that helps....

Dapose

Forum Supporter
Not sure if anyone said this so far in the comments but, your desire for sex sounds a lot healthier now then when you were “ravenous for sex” and jerking off twice a day. Giorgi Ray and Danny have talked about this a few times years ago on podcasts. But no idea which ones so I apologize for no references. They say something to the effect of you shouldn’t be walking around just horny as F all the time. That is a sign of very high cortisol and estrogen. Estrogen, giving a man or women an insatiable appetite for sex. No satisfaction after the interaction and always wanting more. And that you should have an appropriate sexual arousal when there is appropriate signals from your environment.
Just my thought’s because when I was younger I felt like you. And after a few years being very pro metabolic I have way less “ libido” as well but when the time is right everything works great.

Last edited:

frannybananny

Lisinopril lowers Zinc that’s probably how it induces sexual dysfunction

I’m curious as to why you would take medication for a bp of 130/90?
When I tried Lisinopril years ago it was very bad for me and I developed a horrible cough so I got off of it quick! Since my doctor put me on Losaratan I haven't had one problem. The OP might ask his doc to switch him, if they feel the need to be on a med for HBP, to Losartan which is anti-inflammatory and Ray Peat says it is actually good for your immune system.

frankmp0

You could have crashed your E2, if you have low libido and your joints crack its a low E2 symptom. Stop taking any supplements that lower oestrogen. So stop taking aspirin, zinc, vitamin E, K, D and taurine. This forum is obsessed with lowering estrogen but people dont understand that sstrogen is an important hormone for men as well.

Im extremely sensitive to all these supplements and they lower estrogen for me and lead to low libido.
BRUH low estrogen causes joint cracking? my joints have been cracking fkn crazy recently. I don't take any of those things, I just avoid all direct exposure to estrogenic chemicals, would that make me too low estrogen? I have 14 pg/ml.

Peatress

When I tried Lisinopril years ago it was very bad for me and I developed a horrible cough so I got off of it quick! Since my doctor put me on Losaratan I haven't had one problem. The OP might ask his doc to switch him, if they feel the need to be on a med for HBP, to Losartan which is anti-inflammatory and Ray Peat says it is actually good for your immune system.
You are right, Dr Peat did endorse the sartans as anti-inflammatory - Losartan would be a better choice than Lisinopril. I'm still surprised that a BP of 130/90 would be treated with medication.

frannybananny

You are right, Dr Peat did endorse the sartans as anti-inflammatory - Losartan would be a better choice than Lisinopril. I'm still surprised that a BP of 130/90 would be treated with medication.
Hey @Peatress nice to hear from you. Do you know whatever happened to Lady Rae this summer? She seems to have disappeared and I always enjoyed her input on various discussions.

blackface

BRUH low estrogen causes joint cracking? my joints have been cracking fkn crazy recently. I don't take any of those things, I just avoid all direct exposure to estrogenic chemicals, would that make me too low estrogen? I have 14 pg/ml.
Just search for "crashed estrogen" at any steroids forum or on r/steroids and you will see a dozen of posts how people crashed their estrogen with an AIs. They complain about low libido, cracky joints, bad skin, lethargy etc. I think the reference range for and adult male is 10–40 pg/ml. So you are on the lower side.

Aspirin, zinc, vitamin E, vitamin K and even vitamin D cause a low estrogen for me. I think its fine when someone is starting with ray peat style of diet and have an elevated estrogen etc. But if you are peating for a longer period of time and you have used the anti-estrogen supplements in past its harmful to use it on a daily basis.

Peatress

Hey @Peatress nice to hear from you. Do you know whatever happened to Lady Rae this summer? She seems to have disappeared and I always enjoyed her input on various discussions.
I don't know but she did say she thought Ray sounded like a quack so perhaps she decided to leave

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
Terrible sleep would be a good explanation for the low testosterone.

Regarding the nasal clog, does this only develop while you are asleep?

You could be facing some allergies and gut issues, which in turn lead to lower testosterone and this estogen, and also be the reason you are requiring other medications. It is potentially high histame. Cyproheptadine is an anti-histamine and it can help with sleep. Vitamin E with mixed tocopherols also aids with allergies and Ray Peat calls it one of the safest supplements, if not the safest.

Also check your pillow and sheets - you might be allergic to the material.

I would replace the bacon and maybe even the chicken with beef because of potential PUFA content but I can understand this might be a cost issue. Beef cooked with butter, garlic and spring leek tastes good. You can add an onion too and add ketchup from a glass ketchup bottle.
Hello

The nasal clog shifts left to right nostrils with gravity. Someone suggested adding thaimine to my supplements to help with this. I have since done this. Yes I can definitely drop bacon.

I went to a nose and throat doctor they found nothing wrong with my nasal cavity or throat. They also tested me for allergies non of which would be found in my room. They didn't test for food allergies though. I wish they did.

I definitely know I'm allergic to alcohol because of major sinus congestion after consumption.

I limit alcohol once a week though.

I have vit e I can start taking that again

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
Not sure if anyone said this so far in the comments but, your desire for sex sounds a lot healthier now then when you were “ravenous for sex” and jerking off twice a day. Giorgi Ray and Danny have talked about this a few times years ago on podcasts. But no idea which ones so I apologize for no references. They say something to the effect of you shouldn’t be walking around just horny as F all the time. That is a sign of very high cortisol and estrogen. Estrogen, giving a man or women an insatiable appetite for sex. No satisfaction after the interaction and always wanting more. And that you should have an appropriate sexual arousal when there is appropriate signals from your environment.
Just my thought’s because when I was younger I felt like you. And after a few years being very pro metabolic I have way less “ libido” as well but when the time is right everything works great.
I can see your point. Only problem is me and my wife matched very well because of her high libido and mine. However now mine has disappeared and she wants it back so do I.

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
Lisinopril lowers Zinc that’s probably how it induces sexual dysfunction

I’m curious as to why you would take medication for a bp of 130/90?
I was led to believe this BP was damaging my internal organs and also read that high BP can destroy your penis.
The doctor said it was high and said I needed medication. I would like to add my loss of libido happened pre Lisinopril and pre supplements

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
I will look into it.

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
I have some joints that crack and pop. But I think they have been doing that my whole life. Even before I started eating carrots oj and aspirin

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
Just search for "crashed estrogen" at any steroids forum or on r/steroids and you will see a dozen of posts how people crashed their estrogen with an AIs. They complain about low libido, cracky joints, bad skin, lethargy etc. I think the reference range for and adult male is 10–40 pg/ml. So you are on the lower side.

Aspirin, zinc, vitamin E, vitamin K and even vitamin D cause a low estrogen for me. I think its fine when someone is starting with ray peat style of diet and have an elevated estrogen etc. But if you are peating for a longer period of time and you have used the anti-estrogen supplements in past its harmful to use it on a daily basis.
I lost my libido before finding the ray peat forum

OP
O

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
So let me get this correct estrogen creates libido in men not testosterone?

HumanLife

I have some joints that crack and pop. But I think they have been doing that my whole life. Even before I started eating carrots oj and aspirin
I took beef collagen more when I was suffering from TMD to heal it, but it ended up stopping crack and pop I would get in the morning instead. I follow some people my age at 26 who complain about their joints on their Instagram sometimes, and I just can not relate.

Calcium should help as well.

I went to a good physio to heal my TMD. The third one it was, technically 4th if you count the chiropractor. I healed the cracking on my joints before I went to the physio though. Was more hoping to cure my TMD but can’t complain.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals