Anyone Used A "coach" To Help With Women's Issues, Metabolism, And Thyroid?

CaliforniaKat

Hi all,

I am relatively new, though have posted a few things here and there. Mainly asking for help. I'll keep this short.
I'm hypothyroid, taking 2 grains of NDT (likely need to up based on bloodwork and body temp), and likely severely estrogen dominant, high cortisol, sleep issues, still hypo symptoms, horrible heavy periods, low ferritin and storage iron in labs, probably insulin resistant, always constipated.

Used progesterone cream (likely low quality) a year before with NDT and had good temps (pre-Peat), but had a small stroke and docs took me off of everything except thyroid back in January. Lots of stress since then. I am 46 y.o., about 30-40 pounds overweight already. Discovered the RP forum in August. Have been trying to eat that way since and feel my way around.

Resting pulse in mid-60's. Basal temp is 97.0 Both temp and pulse go up when I eat. I try to eat several small meals, including something small before bed. I don't use a lot of granulated sugar, but do eat fruits, honey, jam, potatoes (sometimes), rarely corn tortillas, or coconut oil fried potato chips. 1% organic milk, cheese and cottage cheese, some apple juice daily (not tolerating OJ atm), gelatin or Sprouts brand bone broth. Shrimp or fish a couple times per week, eggs a few days a week, beef most often once a day. Carrots nearly every day, mushrooms at least once a week. Low dose aspirin every day, 5000 ui of D3 several days a week, K2 every day (about 200 mcg). Have not yet incorporated niacinamide consistently. I track macros with Cronometer. I get at least 2000 cals a day, usually closer to 2500 or more. I walk a few times a week for about 30 mins at a time, short sprints once a week or 10 days, want to incorporate short stint of weight lifting once a week but not sure my body can handle it (sleep is definitely already compromised).

I'm not getting very far on my own. I am frustrated and feel like I am grasping at straws. Have had some bad reactions, so supplements kind of scare me now and really feel like I don't have the knowledge to do this on my own. Has anyone worked with a coach (paid or non-paid) to help them along? If so, is there someone you would recommend? Any support would be greatly appreciated.

Peatful

Hi @CaliforniaKat

I have a friend with a complex medical history, had an unhealthy relationship to food, lots of money spent on labs/supplements etc. and was getting worse- and she successfully used Jeanne Rubin at East West Healing (out of California).

Changed her health tremendously; she highly recommends them.

The above book by Kate Deering is a good recommendation- although your knowledge base seems sound- so it may be too rudimentary- yet I haven’t read it myself.
Kate may coach 1:1?

OP
C

CaliforniaKat

I've made contact with Kate Deering already, and a second female "coach". I know Nathan Hatch does coaching as well. I have read the books from both, and also done a 15 min consult with EastWest Healing. I know I ultimately have to put in the work and test things to see the results, and be willing to address multiple aspects of my life. I guess I'm just trying to decide which way to go, and who would be a good fit. Cost is definitely prohibitive, but would be worth it if I can solve some of these issues.

Thank you both for your responses. I'd love to continue to hear others' thoughts.

Last edited: