I Made My Testosterone Off The Scale High - Men's Health

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
@Lokzo sorry for the tag, can you say a little more about your experience with nettle root? Is the DHT inhibition noticeable subjectively/psychologically?

I don't really notice much suppression from Nettle root, maybe very slight reduction in EQ, but not super strong.

No changes in body comp/water retention.

peso27

Hey Peaters!

I went to my GP asking for some tests to evaluate why I am experiencing the low blood pressure, dizziness, cravings for salt etc.

So we discovered that my Iron levels were TANKED. No wonder I felt so weak in the gym. Poor pumps etc.View attachment 15979

So he also decided to measure my Total Testosterone levels and this was the result in the morning:
View attachment 15980

A little about me:
-Weight train 5 days a week.
-23 year old.
-160 grams protein, at least 250 grams carbs, and 50 grams fats per day.
-I eat plenty of Organ meats
-Very high T4 and T3 levels, almost hyperthyroid.
-Very high Estrogen levels
-Low cortisol
-High DHT
-Low Prolactin
-High motivation.
-I abstained from ejac for about 3 days before this test.
-Hair thinning (I blame Iron deficiency)

Supplements I was using for 8 weeks prior to this:
-Natural Vitamin E 1000 IU, 2-3 per week.
-TUDCA 50mg daily, low dose.
-Taurine 3-5 grams daily (For many months).
-Cyproheptadine 500mcg every now and then (14-day intervals).
-Cistanche extract daily 1/2 teaspoon (I am affiliated with a company in the US, so DM me if you want my source, I do not want to spam this thread with affiliate links).
-100mg B1 daily
-Nettle Root extract
-L-phenylalanine 500mg in the morning on empty
-Olive Leaf Extract
-Calcium D Glucarate once a week to reduce beta-glucoronidase.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to post them below!
Personally Olive leaf is highly estrogenic for me. Regular olive leaf and olive leaf extract 20% oleuropein even more so negatively affects me. Every time I use olive leaf my body temperature drops, First the temperature in my forehead goes cold, then my hands and my feet. My tested temperature falls to 97 something but my regular is 98 something. Once I ingest this herb it instantly falls within a couple hours. I feel a pressure in the front of my neck, libido and erection tanks, I get headaches, high histamine effects, I start to pee 3 times as much as I normally do without increasing my water intake.

I feel like I am retaining water despite urinating so much. I start to feel my heart beat elevate and blood pressure rises (tested) with continued ingestion of this herb. It gives me the same reactions of eating a black beans, soy, and flaxseed albeit not as strong as those foods but the effect is pronounced for me. Aleve, High dose 200 mg to 300 mg Thiamine HCL, ashwagandha, and other yang herbs relieve these symptoms. Olive leaf, Schizandra, moringa, black sesame seed, angelica sinesis, Longan, rehmannia, Milk thistle 80% silymarin all give me these estrogenic reactions at various levels..

I noticed anything that lowers cortisol too much in addition to taking these aforementioned estrogenic herbs makes me feel cold, gives me headaches and lowers libido even more and that "Yang" herbs such as cistanche, cynomorium, Eucommia bark etc relieve estrogenic effects. One note about generic Eucommia bark (not leaf but the bark) whole spectrum, increases the sexual feelings and pleasure and libido more pronounced than anything that I used before.. Second to that was caffeinated black tea, mondei whitei, sheep placenta, and thiamine hcl, aleve, or anything that increases body temperature.

Ashwagandha ksm-66 can be a double edged sword for me because it reduces my estrogenic effect but sometimes can exacerbate headaches, cold feelings if I take to many estrogenic herbs but can aid in warming up when combined with yang herbs and also balances them slightly but can contribute to low e symptoms.. so for me depending what herbs I pair Ksm66 determines some of its effects.

Dr. B

Personally Olive leaf is highly estrogenic for me. Regular olive leaf and olive leaf extract 20% oleuropein even more so negatively affects me. Every time I use olive leaf my body temperature drops, First the temperature in my forehead goes cold, then my hands and my feet. My tested temperature falls to 97 something but my regular is 98 something. Once I ingest this herb it instantly falls within a couple hours. I feel a pressure in the front of my neck, libido and erection tanks, I get headaches, high histamine effects, I start to pee 3 times as much as I normally do without increasing my water intake.

I feel like I am retaining water despite urinating so much. I start to feel my heart beat elevate and blood pressure rises (tested) with continued ingestion of this herb. It gives me the same reactions of eating a black beans, soy, and flaxseed albeit not as strong as those foods but the effect is pronounced for me. Aleve, High dose 200 mg to 300 mg Thiamine HCL, ashwagandha, and other yang herbs relieve these symptoms. Olive leaf, Schizandra, moringa, black sesame seed, angelica sinesis, Longan, rehmannia, Milk thistle 80% silymarin all give me these estrogenic reactions at various levels..

I noticed anything that lowers cortisol too much in addition to taking these aforementioned estrogenic herbs makes me feel cold, gives me headaches and lowers libido even more and that "Yang" herbs such as cistanche, cynomorium, Eucommia bark etc relieve estrogenic effects. One note about generic Eucommia bark (not leaf but the bark) whole spectrum, increases the sexual feelings and pleasure and libido more pronounced than anything that I used before.. Second to that was caffeinated black tea, mondei whitei, sheep placenta, and thiamine hcl, aleve, or anything that increases body temperature.

Ashwagandha ksm-66 can be a double edged sword for me because it reduces my estrogenic effect but sometimes can exacerbate headaches, cold feelings if I take to many estrogenic herbs but can aid in warming up when combined with yang herbs and also balances them slightly but can contribute to low e symptoms.. so for me depending what herbs I pair Ksm66 determines some of its effects.

What is Aleve? Which brand of olive leaf did you use? And wow, what in olive leaf do you think caused such severe effects. Do you think a half tablespoon of high quality extra Virgin olive oil would be better

Ulysses

Hey Peaters!

I went to my GP asking for some tests to evaluate why I am experiencing the low blood pressure, dizziness, cravings for salt etc.

So we discovered that my Iron levels were TANKED. No wonder I felt so weak in the gym. Poor pumps etc.View attachment 15979

So he also decided to measure my Total Testosterone levels and this was the result in the morning:
View attachment 15980

A little about me:
-23 year old.
-Low cortisol
-High DHT
-Low Prolactin
-High motivation.

-Cistanche extract daily 1/2 teaspoon (I am affiliated with a company in the US, so DM me if you want my source, I do not want to spam this thread with affiliate links).
-100mg B1 daily
-Nettle Root extract
-Olive Leaf Extract

Peating raised my T from about 1050 ng/dL in 2016 to 1350 ng/dL in 2018

Nomane Euger

Peating raised my T from about 1050 ng/dL in 2016 to 1350 ng/dL in 2018
hello, what is your intention with this comment you wrote? what can this potentially bring to lokzo's comment considering specifically that he does not ask questions, he invited people to ask him questions?

Ulysses

hello, what is your intention with this comment you wrote? what can this potentially bring to lokzo's comment considering specifically that he does not ask questions, he invited people to ask him questions?
It's information for other people who read the thread, that I took a similar approach and achieved a similar result.

Nomane Euger

It's information for other people who read the thread, that I took a similar approach and achieved a similar result.
ok,you didnt explicit which things you added/removed that you think contributed to your increased testosterone lvl,the lack of explicitness and details prevent your comment from being usefull to others if thats your intention

Chophouse360

Hey Peaters!

View attachment 15980

A little about me:
-23 year old.
-Low cortisol
-High DHT
-Low Prolactin
-High motivation.

-100mg B1 daily
-Nettle Root extract
-Olive Leaf Extract

Do you put the Cistanche in water?

Daft

Hey Peaters!

View attachment 15980

A little about me:
-23 year old.
-Low cortisol
-High DHT
-Low Prolactin
-High motivation.

-100mg B1 daily
-Nettle Root extract
-Olive Leaf Extract

What do the workouts generally look like?

Any supplements you noticed improved testosterone more when started?

Thanks for your great work!

peso27

What is Aleve? Which brand of olive leaf did you use? And wow, what in olive leaf do you think caused such severe effects. Do you think a half tablespoon of high quality extra Virgin olive oil would be better
1. Aleve is a NSAID. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory Drug like aspirin and Tylenol. I feel like Aleve helps me relieve any cold related headaches or symptoms due to lower body temps. I was diagnosed as a child (10 or 11) with being low thyroid (multiple blood test readings), but with now symptoms other than a goiter and was going to be put on medications but my told my parents no and they listened.

2. The Olive leaf extract was from Swanson vitamins I think it was 15 or 20% oleuropein. Once the brand is good I do not think it matters where you get it from.

3. I do not know if a high quality extra Virgin Olive Oil would be better.

Libido and Temps were normal , I was running hot and was a normal male teenager and as a young man in my early twenties in terms of an uncontrollable libido. I had a normal thyroid reading after going through puberty (13+), but since using estrogenic herbs for the for the first time in my life my temps and libido went low. (DId not have a blood test at this time)

Unlike Aspirin I found Aspirin helps me sleep and Aleve can keep me up like Aleve increases cortisol or something, but Aspirin feels like it lowers cortisol.

Olives from foods do the same thing for me raw lettuce, carrots, onions, garlic can make my cortisol go low and make me incredibly sleepy and have headches if taken with food. I found with humanofort, LJ 100 tongkat (barlowe's regular 100:1 tongkat works but is a little lower potency than lj 100), ksm66 ashwaghanda even though they lower cortisol they also boost androgens or some yang aspect that dries me out and make me less prone to

I have not had blood tests, but I think my adverse reactions to olive leaf , schizandra, and other estrogenic compounds means they can possible cause increases in estrogen. Cold body temps, headaches, stomach aches, sleepiness, adverse reactions to anything that lowers cortisol ect.

But when I use dhea, pregnenolone, tongkat ali (tongkat lowers cortisol but also dries me out and makes me very thirsty and too much can cause insomnia), humanofort (much milder than tongkat reduces cortisol but more tolerable than tognkat), Rehmannia (still highly estrogenic but it has a androgen boosting component because of increasing cyp 17a1 reduces estrogen effects.

I would tell people who are going to use estrogenic herbs to use them in the night before eating your last meal closest to bed time and use the yang or drying herbs during the day.

If you are using either you probably should use a little of both. Because too much yang like drying herbs or supplements that increase androgens give me insomnia and make me too hot and too much estrogenic yin herbs make my body too cold, gives headaches, makes me can't tolerate cortisol lowering herbs, and give me pain where my thyroid is. When I balance the herbs out it makes taking both much more tolerable.

P

Peatness

Just a point not to eat any one plant in excess amounts. If you do eat plants rotation, variety, etc.

Spinach as an example has high levels of oxalates. It also has anti-thyroid ( goitrogenic ) potential.

Broccoli as another example is anti-thyroid ( goitrogenic ), has thiaminases which break down thiamine, and induces DNA fragmentation/damage.

Most vegetables available are the ones selected over time which can be grown relatively easily with good yields, are relatively palatable, and minimally toxic to most people in reasonable quantities.
I know this is an old post but do you have the source for this information about thiaminases in broccolli? I've search but nothing comes up. Thanks

JohnHafterson

I know this is an old post but do you have the source for this information about thiaminases in broccolli? I've search but nothing comes up. Thanks
Don't know where I heard/saw that been awhile. I think the goitrogenic aspect is pretty universal among the cruciferous vegetables: I get cold and mind slows on Brussels, cabbage, spinach, broccoli.

Closes thing I could find on anti-thiamine factor in related ( Brussels, cabbage) due to phenolic compounds:

Dr. B

Don't know where I heard/saw that been awhile. I think the goitrogenic aspect is pretty universal among the cruciferous vegetables: I get cold and mind slows on Brussels, cabbage, spinach, broccoli.

Closes thing I could find on anti-thiamine factor in related ( Brussels, cabbage) due to phenolic compounds:

There is a known goitrigenic effect, that also gets reduced when you cook the broccoli. But thiaminases are a specific thing separate from goitrigens. Goitrigens directly effect thyroid or iodine the thiaminase breaks down vitamin b1. Some things contain thiaminase but also high levels of b1 itself like some fish.

1. Aleve is a NSAID. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory Drug like aspirin and Tylenol. I feel like Aleve helps me relieve any cold related headaches or symptoms due to lower body temps. I was diagnosed as a child (10 or 11) with being low thyroid (multiple blood test readings), but with now symptoms other than a goiter and was going to be put on medications but my told my parents no and they listened.

2. The Olive leaf extract was from Swanson vitamins I think it was 15 or 20% oleuropein. Once the brand is good I do not think it matters where you get it from.

3. I do not know if a high quality extra Virgin Olive Oil would be better.

Libido and Temps were normal , I was running hot and was a normal male teenager and as a young man in my early twenties in terms of an uncontrollable libido. I had a normal thyroid reading after going through puberty (13+), but since using estrogenic herbs for the for the first time in my life my temps and libido went low. (DId not have a blood test at this time)

Unlike Aspirin I found Aspirin helps me sleep and Aleve can keep me up like Aleve increases cortisol or something, but Aspirin feels like it lowers cortisol.

Olives from foods do the same thing for me raw lettuce, carrots, onions, garlic can make my cortisol go low and make me incredibly sleepy and have headches if taken with food. I found with humanofort, LJ 100 tongkat (barlowe's regular 100:1 tongkat works but is a little lower potency than lj 100), ksm66 ashwaghanda even though they lower cortisol they also boost androgens or some yang aspect that dries me out and make me less prone to

I have not had blood tests, but I think my adverse reactions to olive leaf , schizandra, and other estrogenic compounds means they can possible cause increases in estrogen. Cold body temps, headaches, stomach aches, sleepiness, adverse reactions to anything that lowers cortisol ect.

But when I use dhea, pregnenolone, tongkat ali (tongkat lowers cortisol but also dries me out and makes me very thirsty and too much can cause insomnia), humanofort (much milder than tongkat reduces cortisol but more tolerable than tognkat), Rehmannia (still highly estrogenic but it has a androgen boosting component because of increasing cyp 17a1 reduces estrogen effects.

I would tell people who are going to use estrogenic herbs to use them in the night before eating your last meal closest to bed time and use the yang or drying herbs during the day.

If you are using either you probably should use a little of both. Because too much yang like drying herbs or supplements that increase androgens give me insomnia and make me too hot and too much estrogenic yin herbs make my body too cold, gives headaches, makes me can't tolerate cortisol lowering herbs, and give me pain where my thyroid is. When I balance the herbs out it makes taking both much more tolerable.
Mate how do you know Olive leaf is estrogenic wasnt it confirmed to be anti prolactin? Also could it be because of most olive leaf being from China instead of spain?
I think tribulus had a similar problem where most tribulus are estrogenic yet supposedly the bulgarian tribulus was actually androgenic... did you ever try island nutrition olive leaf extract

What’s the issue with being too hot? Yang herbs seem ideal and pro metabolic? Those yin herbs you mention seem to be seriously anti metabolic anti thyroid if they’re causing direct thyroid pain?

Isnf tongkat ali estrogenic which brand are you using

P

Peatness

Thanks. I knew about the goitrogenic properties of broccolli and brussel sprouts and I tend to cooked them very well before eating. Ironically these are my favorite veg? I wonder why? I think if they also have an antithimine effect then I will have to reconsider eating them. I will need to investigate further because I am not finding enough information to warrant complete avoidance at the moment.

GreekDemiGod