I Slashed My Prolactin And Doubled My Vitamin D In 12 Weeks - Here Is How

OP
L

Luckytype

Interesting findings altough it completely makes sense. My prolactin was only 11 in january when I was still in delayed sleep phase with almost no sunlight and my TSH was the same as yours was. I've since restored my circadian rhythm to a certain degree by chronotherapie and now wake up in the morning around 8.30/9.00 and start my day with bright light therapy of 10000 lux. I also go for a walk about an hour a day so I'm already implementing what you're advicing. It will be interesting to see what my prolactin is now but it's no guarantee it will be lower altough it should.

I always think of it as "whats reasonable?" When seasons change we get less light, right? Trees shed, fruit has fallen, animals hibernate, tons of things molt or shed or just quit. Then when long sunny days are back everything is luscious again. Im certain its a big part

Please let me know what your results are, especially since summer is coming

OP
L

Luckytype

I should note too I have a red light lamp but stayed away from it pretty much only using it on the UV booth days for a few minutes just to offset the booth's effects a bit.

I didnt want too many things to figure out in the event it worked.

ebs

I always think of it as "whats reasonable?" When seasons change we get less light, right? Trees shed, fruit has fallen, animals hibernate, tons of things molt or shed or just quit. Then when long sunny days are back everything is luscious again. Im certain its a big part

Please let me know what your results are, especially since summer is coming

I'll try and get another test before summer. I'm also interested what this increase in (sun)light will do to my tsh. Also planning on experimenting with red light.

OP
L

Luckytype

I'll try and get another test before summer. I'm also interested what this increase in (sun)light will do to my tsh. Also planning on experimenting with red light.
Im trying to interpret mine as well though im almost certain the walking and delayed breathing ->co2->mitochondrial function going up and thats why my tsh is a little lower

So my tsh fell somewhat significantly. My t3 and t4 maybe went up a tiny insignificant bit.

If tsh is the phonecall to say "we are a little better metabolically, send more hormone" I wonder if the tsh call in my system is more pronounced(like a louder phone call or a more frequent calling) even to get a tiny increase.

I can tell you after maybe 2 weeks of the sunny days my skin broke out on my face a little and generally i have clear skin despite my other issues. So im not certain on how to interpret

Last edited:

ebs

Im trying to interpret mine as well though im almost certain the walking and delayed breathing ->co2->mitochondrial function going up and thats why my tsh is a little lower

So my tsh fell somewhat significantly. My t3 and t4 maybe went up a tiny insignificant bit.

If tsh is the phonecall to say "we are a little better metabolically, send more hormone" I wonder if the tsh call in my system is more pronounced(like a louder phone call or a more frequent calling) even to get a tiny increase.

I can tell you after maybe 2 weeks of the sunny days my skin broke out on my face a little and generally i have clear skin despite my other issues. So im not certain on how to interpret

Broke out in what way? If you have light skin and went unprotected that would explain it. Sunlight isn't BFF with your skin.

benaoao

Nobody pointed that out but your LH and FSH are pretty low. This would explain your LDL being a bit high (LH is key for the STARD1 protein to work) and then your testosterone going south.

Since sugar (and flour) raise the aromatase activity that may explain the skin breaking out. On the other hand prolactin went down (and free T also) so your e2 probably went down. Maybe it's only sun-related. Maybe it's some other micro nutrient imbalance. Or purely dairy related.

Lastly, I wouldn't focus too much on lowering ferritin too much, unless you want your prolactin to raise back up and your thyroid to go hypo. Some suggest 80 as an ideal number for men.

Realistically I think you're doing a great job but the LH/FSH means you might be running a marathon with a heavy backpack

vulture

Nobody pointed that out but your LH and FSH are pretty low. This would explain your LDL being a bit high (LH is key for the STARD1 protein to work) and then your testosterone going south.

Since sugar (and flour) raise the aromatase activity that may explain the skin breaking out. On the other hand prolactin went down (and free T also) so your e2 probably went down. Maybe it's only sun-related. Maybe it's some other micro nutrient imbalance. Or purely dairy related.

Lastly, I wouldn't focus too much on lowering ferritin too much, unless you want your prolactin to raise back up and your thyroid to go hypo. Some suggest 80 as an ideal number for men.

Realistically I think you're doing a great job but the LH/FSH means you might be running a marathon with a heavy backpack
Hi
What you meant what you meant with that low LH and low FSH analogy? I got both of them low few months ago

benaoao

It means that since your LH and FSH show a rather weak gonadal function, you can try as hard as you want, your T isn’t going to be as good as someone with better LH-FSH. And you want high T, low range DHT & e2 for best health don’t you.

I’m not sure what works best for these that wouldn’t involve SERMs. Maybe diet and zinc. I believe that usually people dislike SERMs because they overdose them a lot.

Thyroid is more complex IMHO. I’d start with what’s obvious.

OP
L

Luckytype

Is there a relationship between the high RT3, low t3 and t4 and the fact my ldl is high but LH is low?

Am i thinking too simple here?

My temps/pulse still suck and i have some classic hypo synptoms still

I would say those ferritin levels are high. Some things that help with iron overload include: donating blood 2-3x a year, reducing meat intake to a max of 1 lb per week, increasing your intake of foods with Oligomeric Proanthocyanadins (red/purple/Concord grape-based foods, acai berries, plums/prunes, raisins), getting more vitamin E and vitamin C, eating cranberries and red onions, eating/using certain herbs and spices (cinnamon, rosemary, clove, turmeric), and drinking coffee and/or tea (black, green, or white, not herbal).

Unfortunately, the body decreases Vitamin D production when iron overload and/or excess calcium are present as a safety/compensation mechanism, so your low levels of vitamin D might have been indicative of these underlying issues. My recommendation is to not take an oral vitamin D supplement to raise vitamin D, but to let your body produce its own vitamin D. This would require sunlight or UVB, which you are getting, certain nutrients that are necessary for the production of vitamin D or are used in the body by vitamin D receptors (vitamins B2, B6, E, and C, and Mg and Boron), and getting rid of excess/"bad" calcium and iron in the system. Working on iron overload and potentially reducing calcium intake (if calcium is a problem) are first steps to increasing vitamin D production naturally.

You mentioned that you take B vitamins, vitamin E, and Mg, so adding Boron (raisins, prunes, or a 3 mg supplement daily), and at least 3 g of ascorbic acid can help you complete the "nutrient needs" for natural vitamin D production. Vitamins E and C will also help on the iron overload front and the K2 and Mg you are already taking will help with keeping calcium out of soft tissues.

ok but vitamin D will lower PTH and PTH will induce glycosis, so are you ever supposed to get better if you are in a constant stress state because you are never lowering your PTH, ray has said 5kiu of D is safe

benaoao

Is there a relationship between the high RT3, low t3 and t4 and the fact my ldl is high but LH is low?

Am i thinking too simple here?

My temps/pulse still suck and i have some classic hypo synptoms still

No you’re not thinking too simple. More LH means more LDL being transported to the mitochondria to get all the hormones. Simple

More theoretical although valid imo:

nahypothyroidism.org/deiodinases/

Testosterone

Low testosterone in men will result in a lowering of D1 activity without changing pituitary D2 (143). Thus, a drop in testosterone will result in lower tissue levels of T3 without producing an elevation of TSH (143,144). Environmental factors, including pesticides, plastics, and other pollutants, have resulted in a significant decrease in the average testosterone levels for men, so most men will have, at least, a relative deficiency of testosterone (277). Major laboratories have, unfortunately, reduced the “normal” range of free testosterone to maintain the 95 percentile as normal, the result being that many abnormally low levels will now be considered normal.
In particular, the majority of male diabetics and those with insulin resistance will have suppressed testosterone level that is in the low or low-normal range, which further suppresses D1 and tissue T3 levels and perpetuates the weight gain or inability to lose weight — worsening of these conditions “

So T going lower could mean T3 going lower / rT3 going higher.

That’s why I’d work on the testes

OP
L

Luckytype

I was looking at it from the opposite, fix the thyroid to shove cholesterol into hormones.

A year ago everything was higher but i never had a RT3 number or the prolactin number

benaoao

The website above gives some recommendations that are diet related actually, if you scroll down.

They also mention growth hormone and I’ve seen you did the test, although IGF-1 may be more helpful if that’s where you’re short. I could cite MK677 as promising

I’m more informed when it comes to Hypogonadism rather than advanced thyroid strategies. Maybe attacking the other way round would be worth a trial since as they say lowering TSH is far from telling the full story. And that t3/rT3 ratio is concerning as of now.

Anyhow LH activity is the rate limiting factor to cholesterol conversion into pregnenolone. So that alone deserves some work.

Some people go straight to hCG which I don’t think is optimal since hCG is foreign from a pharmacology standpoint. But even then I’ve seen reports of lowered cholesterol. Doesn’t mean it will all go straight to DHEA>T though (and not e2!), that’s also dependent on stress and SHBG. Like I said I’m not aware of non-SERMs strategies that significantly raise (and in a natural, circadian way) LH-FSH. I’d need some added googling

vulture

It means that since your LH and FSH show a rather weak gonadal function, you can try as hard as you want, your T isn’t going to be as good as someone with better LH-FSH. And you want high T, low range DHT & e2 for best health don’t you.

I’m not sure what works best for these that wouldn’t involve SERMs. Maybe diet and zinc. I believe that usually people dislike SERMs because they overdose them a lot.

Thyroid is more complex IMHO. I’d start with what’s obvious.
Why do you say that keeping lower range DHT is good?

OP
L

Luckytype

The website above gives some recommendations that are diet related actually, if you scroll down.

They also mention growth hormone and I’ve seen you did the test, although IGF-1 may be more helpful if that’s where you’re short. I could cite MK677 as promising

I’m more informed when it comes to Hypogonadism rather than advanced thyroid strategies. Maybe attacking the other way round would be worth a trial since as they say lowering TSH is far from telling the full story. And that t3/rT3 ratio is concerning as of now.

Anyhow LH activity is the rate limiting factor to cholesterol conversion into pregnenolone. So that alone deserves some work.

Some people go straight to hCG which I don’t think is optimal since hCG is foreign from a pharmacology standpoint. But even then I’ve seen reports of lowered cholesterol. Doesn’t mean it will all go straight to DHEA>T though (and not e2!), that’s also dependent on stress and SHBG. Like I said I’m not aware of non-SERMs strategies that significantly raise (and in a natural, circadian way) LH-FSH. I’d need some added googling

I thought the rate limiter for pregnenolone from cholesterol was p450 or STAR mitochondrially?

ebs

Only LH is related to testosterone. FSH is related to sperm quality.

ebs

What drives the pituitary to secrete them?

Not sure about those specifics. I've read contradictary opinions on whether high LH is good/bad. But logic dictates that it should be at a decent level. Mine was 6 out of 2-9 ref range which I think is good. FSH was 3.5 out of 1.5-12 so a little low in the normal range.

OP
L

Luckytype

Right, at least average is better than some extreme in these cases.

What I didnt really consider is that Vit D and prl have improves but its only been 12 weeks. Hell, it may have only been 4 weeks that they changed.

I wish we could figure whats a reasonable time to expect a change in these. Maybe they were even worse before?

skycop00

Looks like another possible supplement for @haidut to increase low levels of GH. See here.... Effects of an oral mixture containing glycine, glutamine and niacin on memory, GH and IGF-I secretion in middle-aged and elderly subjects. - PubMed - NCBI