I Made My Testosterone Off The Scale High - Men's Health

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Hey Peaters!

I went to my GP asking for some tests to evaluate why I am experiencing the low blood pressure, dizziness, cravings for salt etc.

So we discovered that my Iron levels were TANKED. No wonder I felt so weak in the gym. Poor pumps etc. Iron + Ferritin.jpeg

So he also decided to measure my Total Testosterone levels and this was the result in the morning:
Total Testosterone.jpeg

A little about me:
-Weight train 5 days a week.
-23 year old.
-160 grams protein, at least 250 grams carbs, and 50 grams fats per day.
-I eat plenty of Organ meats
-Very high T4 and T3 levels, almost hyperthyroid.
-Very high Estrogen levels
-Low cortisol
-High DHT
-Low Prolactin
-High motivation.
-I abstained from ejac for about 3 days before this test.
-Hair thinning (I blame Iron deficiency)

Supplements I was using for 8 weeks prior to this:
-Natural Vitamin E 1000 IU, 2-3 per week.
-TUDCA 50mg daily, low dose.
-Taurine 3-5 grams daily (For many months).
-Cyproheptadine 500mcg every now and then (14-day intervals).
-Cistanche extract daily 1/2 teaspoon (I am affiliated with a company in the US, so DM me if you want my source, I do not want to spam this thread with affiliate links).
-100mg B1 daily
-Nettle Root extract
-L-phenylalanine 500mg in the morning on empty
-Olive Leaf Extract
-Calcium D Glucarate once a week to reduce beta-glucoronidase.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to post them below!

A.R

Hope your iron levels normalise again. Maybe your estrogen levels have gone too low?

Also which organ meats do you eat, and how often do you eat them?

Doesn't estrogen make iron low? I also have high estrogen and I notice when I eat beef I get a strong effect of feeling better.

And onions?

nwo2012

Nothing wrong with your iron levels, imo, unless you are chasing a high ferritin with the corresponding increased risk in liver cancer.
Testosterone is not sky high either, but is decent that it is slightly above reference range.
These bloods do not show why you have poor energy levels or low BP. Did you get other bloods done?
Full blood counts, whats your haemoglobin? The high estrogen is more likely adding to your hair loss, I'd try an AI such as Gonadin or exemestane.
Since you dont say how many carbs exactly, imo 250g is way too low for the amount of protein you're eating and activity level, coupled with age.
With your estimates you are under 2500 calories/day, you should be closer to 4000, imo.

_lppaiva

Perhaps your T is high to compensate for the high estrogen? You're young, so maybe your body can handle it, but it might be bad long term?

I have really high T (not off charts, but about 25nmol/L, and mid range free T, and high SHBG, which leads me to believe I have high estrogen as well. (labs are extremely difficult to get were I live, so I can't just ask for a specific test)

gaze

the high T is converting to estrogen and that’s causing your hair thinning

Markus

Ferritin is slightly low but transferrinsaturation is good. While ferritin is controversial, I've heard most people recommend 100-150 for men.

Kunstruct

34.3 nmol/L is 989 ng/dl, labs like 3-5years ago had this as top Testosterone value, with recent years all kind of Androgen values dropped as top values on certain labs.

How would your E2 and DHT levels be without some of the things you take, for example without the Nettle root extract? Interesting as some have reported lowered DHT from it.
Well, you are young at 23, maybe that matters, not sure.

What is your DHT level?

T

TheBeard

You didn't "make" your testosterone high, your testosterone "is" high for reasons that can't really be explained given the current context, and given no baseline bloodwork was established before "making" your testosterone high.
The current situation gives no indication as to whether your T has always been at that number or whether what you're taking has any impact whatsoever on it.

sladerunner69

Hey Peaters!

I went to my GP asking for some tests to evaluate why I am experiencing the low blood pressure, dizziness, cravings for salt etc.

So we discovered that my Iron levels were TANKED. No wonder I felt so weak in the gym. Poor pumps etc.View attachment 15979

So he also decided to measure my Total Testosterone levels and this was the result in the morning:
View attachment 15980

A little about me:
-Weight train 5 days a week.
-23 year old.
-160 grams protein, at least 250 grams carbs, and 50 grams fats per day.
-I eat plenty of Organ meats
-Very high T4 and T3 levels, almost hyperthyroid.
-Very high Estrogen levels
-Low cortisol
-High DHT
-Low Prolactin
-High motivation.
-I abstained from ejac for about 3 days before this test.
-Hair thinning (I blame Iron deficiency)

Supplements I was using for 8 weeks prior to this:
-Natural Vitamin E 1000 IU, 2-3 per week.
-TUDCA 50mg daily, low dose.
-Taurine 3-5 grams daily (For many months).
-Cyproheptadine 500mcg every now and then (14-day intervals).
-Cistanche extract daily 1/2 teaspoon (I am affiliated with a company in the US, so DM me if you want my source, I do not want to spam this thread with affiliate links).
-100mg B1 daily
-Nettle Root extract
-L-phenylalanine 500mg in the morning on empty
-Olive Leaf Extract
-Calcium D Glucarate once a week to reduce beta-glucoronidase.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to post them below!

I suspect the taurine and the vitamin E are the most likely culprits in this caper.

Kunstruct

You didn't "make" your testosterone high, your testosterone "is" high for reasons that can't really be explained given the current context, and given no baseline bloodwork was established before "making" your testosterone high.
The current situation gives no indication as to whether your T has always been at that number or whether what you're taking has any impact whatsoever on it.

Yeah, good point.

Frankdee20

I suspect the taurine and the vitamin E are the most likely culprits in this caper.

I’m gonna agree, all that Vitamin E is thinning his blood, and lowering sodium. The Taurune will lower blood sugar and cause headaches and dizzy feelings

biffbelvin

How much dairy do you have? Calcium blocks iron absorption, so if you're drinking large quantities of milk that could cause the low iron.

baccheion

Actually it is possible.
Mainly only if there are nutrient deficiencies, poor liver or intestinal clearance, chronic infection, use of contaminated products, bowel irritation, insufficient calories, too low body fat, high stress hormones, poor sleep, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals