I Made My Testosterone Off The Scale High - Men's Health

shine

I would stop taking the olive leaf extract. It is very potent at lowering blood pressure and thinning the blood and I get super dizzy even from low doses. Taurine is also known to lower blood pressure and if you have taken it in that dose for many months I suspect you are quite saturated with it. I would lower the dose or even stop taking it for a while.

Do you take vitamin K1 or K2? Vitamin E is also thinning the blood very effectively and combined with the olive leaf extract that could become problematic.

A.R

I would stop taking the olive leaf extract. It is very potent at lowering blood pressure and thinning the blood and I get super dizzy even from low doses. Taurine is also known to lower blood pressure and if you have taken it in that dose for many months I suspect you are quite saturated with it. I would lower the dose or even stop taking it for a while.

Do you take vitamin K1 or K2? Vitamin E is also thinning the blood very effectively and combined with the olive leaf extract that could become problematic.
Is olive leaf extract anti estrogen would you say? What type of problems is it helpful for?

Markus

Is olive leaf extract anti estrogen would you say? What type of problems is it helpful for?
It primarily works as an anti-microbial from what I know, but probably has many other biological effects in the body.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Hope your iron levels normalise again. Maybe your estrogen levels have gone too low?

Also which organ meats do you eat, and how often do you eat them?

Thanks, I am supplementing Iron, and it has been making a huge difference to my energy levels and pumps in the gym.

Yeah good point, I wonder how potently the Vitamin E can lower estradiol. I usually have very high SHBG too.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Nothing wrong with your iron levels, imo, unless you are chasing a high ferritin with the corresponding increased risk in liver cancer.

I am sorry, but having this low ferritin is problematic. I want it to be slightly higher, as I believe it is a major contributor to hair thinning.

As for poor energy and low blood pressure, its cortisol related. Anything that lowers cortisol makes me feel weak and terrible.

As for carbohydrate intake, you're probably right. But, my father is type 2 diabetic, and I already have a fasting insulin level of 5. What's your fasting insulin?

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Perhaps your T is high to compensate for the high estrogen? You're young, so maybe your body can handle it, but it might be bad long term?

I have really high T (not off charts, but about 25nmol/L, and mid range free T, and high SHBG, which leads me to believe I have high estrogen as well. (labs are extremely difficult to get were I live, so I can't just ask for a specific test)

Ah yeah, I would've thought other way around. High E to compensate for high T.

Im not concerned long term about high Test levels...Most studies indicate a reduced cause of mortality from having high Testosterone.

What do you to modulate your estrogen?

NathanK

The others might help, but I’m pretty sure it’s the taurine and tudca. I’m not sure how you can take that much for that long without having adverse bile effects. I massively increased my T by taking 5g for maybe 3 weeks and then taking 3 weeks off before labs years ago.

I’ve been taking taurine again the past 3 months with other isolated aminos . Maybe 2g 5-6x per week. I didn’t test my T, but this morning on a routine med check I noticed my blood pressure was the lowest I’ve ever seen it at 101 over 67. I hadn’t taken any aminos and was fasted the prior 12 hours for lipid labs and had been on the road the hour and a half prior so that was pretty surprising (driving that long I’d assume would drive up my BP if anything). I wouldn’t say I’ve had any low BP issues leading up to the labs-not even after spending time in the hot tub, which is a strong vasodilator. Still, wow. I think I’ll cut back for a little while.

At least the increase in T with taurine doesn’t equate to higher estrogen from my labs and seen in studies.

tankasnowgod

I am sorry, but having this low ferritin is problematic. I want it to be slightly higher, as I believe it is a major contributor to hair thinning.

It wasn't for me. When I got ferritin as low as 18, I felt excellent. That said, Anthony Colpo suggested that active individuals aim for ferritin of about 40-60.

FWIW, I had (and have) a full head of hair with no signs of thinning at both 444 and 18 ferritin, and every measurement I hit in between. From personal experience, I don't think low iron affects hair loss, unless it is affecting hemoglobin (getting it below 12.5 or lower).

sladerunner69

We have no idea whether his testosterone increased, there is no baseline

True except by using the law of large numbers. The chances that his testosterone was that high to begin with are extremely unlikely. I mean <0.1% of men have testosterone in that range.

sladerunner69

Do you mean the E ? Or the Taurine ? I always thought to much E lowers it.....

Well E is a reliable aromatase inhibitor so it prevents T from aromatizing. Taurine can increase testosterone by over 30% with a few grams, probably because of its effects on glutathione.

Peater

I have nothing to add but just wanted to say I found this thread and all replies really interesting and useful in a general peaty knowledge sort of way

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey Peaters!

I went to my GP asking for some tests to evaluate why I am experiencing the low blood pressure, dizziness, cravings for salt etc.

So we discovered that my Iron levels were TANKED. No wonder I felt so weak in the gym. Poor pumps etc.View attachment 15979

So he also decided to measure my Total Testosterone levels and this was the result in the morning:
View attachment 15980

A little about me:
-Weight train 5 days a week.
-23 year old.
-160 grams protein, at least 250 grams carbs, and 50 grams fats per day.
-I eat plenty of Organ meats
-Very high T4 and T3 levels, almost hyperthyroid.
-Very high Estrogen levels
-Low cortisol
-High DHT
-Low Prolactin
-High motivation.
-I abstained from ejac for about 3 days before this test.
-Hair thinning (I blame Iron deficiency)

Supplements I was using for 8 weeks prior to this:
-Natural Vitamin E 1000 IU, 2-3 per week.
-TUDCA 50mg daily, low dose.
-Taurine 3-5 grams daily (For many months).
-Cyproheptadine 500mcg every now and then (14-day intervals).
-Cistanche extract daily 1/2 teaspoon (I am affiliated with a company in the US, so DM me if you want my source, I do not want to spam this thread with affiliate links).
-100mg B1 daily
-Nettle Root extract
-L-phenylalanine 500mg in the morning on empty
-Olive Leaf Extract
-Calcium D Glucarate once a week to reduce beta-glucoronidase.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to post them below!
Just curious, how do you know you DHT is high? Did you test it or is it based on observation? I'm interested because some research indicates that estrogen can have an inhibitory effect on 5-AR.

SamuraiJack

What time of the day do you take the taurine? For me personally if I take it in the morning, I usually become tired/sluggish due to its effect on GABA, so I must take it with coffee to balance that effect.

I noticed you don't take coffee/caffeine. Why? Having some pre work out should really improve the work out, making sure it has adequate sugar.

I agree that the low ferritin needs to be increased, good that you're feeling better taking iron - keep us updated on the ferritin/iron levels when you next have it checked.

It would be worth getting prolactin checked, just in case. Your test is high which to me shows prolactin should be in check. But I have read posts of people taking cypro having prolactin increased as a result.

Lastly you mention you held off ejaculation 3 days before - do you ejaculate via sex or masturbation? Reason I ask is a lot of people are having issues with orgasming/ejaculating and I believe it can screw with dopamine,prolactin, test etc. Look into nofap and try it out for 7 days.
Personally I just feel so much better when I don't do that, and I haven't for a while. How I feel now I don't want to ever give up so I will never fap or touch myself ever again in that way.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals