I Made My Testosterone Off The Scale High - Men's Health

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
What is your current bodyfat? Can't imagine why a lean individual would have high E

Body Composition, End of 2019.png

Not sure what my BF % is.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
How much dairy do you have? Calcium blocks iron absorption, so if you're drinking large quantities of milk that could cause the low iron.

I do not consume large amounts of dairy. I might have 500ml of milk in any given week. No cheese or yoghurt.

I was supplementing a natural calcium powder at one stage, but have since stopped.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I would stop taking the olive leaf extract. It is very potent at lowering blood pressure and thinning the blood and I get super dizzy even from low doses. Taurine is also known to lower blood pressure and if you have taken it in that dose for many months I suspect you are quite saturated with it. I would lower the dose or even stop taking it for a while.

Do you take vitamin K1 or K2? Vitamin E is also thinning the blood very effectively and combined with the olive leaf extract that could become problematic.

Yeah you're spot on.

The olive leaf does lower my blood pressure, but it somehow gives me this nice kick of energy when I take it.... Noradrenaline?

Also, the Taurine I can definitely back off from now... I have been using it for months, it has been great.

I do not supplement with Vitamin K2 since it always made me feel "off" a weird headspace feeling, like a heaviness of the head.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I’m not sure how you can take that much for that long without having adverse bile effects. I massively increased my T by taking 5g for maybe 3 weeks and then taking 3 weeks off before labs years ago.

I've not noticed any major bile issues, normal stools to be honest, and plenty of carrots.

You took 5 grams of Taurine and that boosted your T?

Wow that is a low BP you mentioned, but this can be combatte easily hey with caffeine/salt.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
What time of the day do you take the taurine? For me personally if I take it in the morning, I usually become tired/sluggish due to its effect on GABA, so I must take it with coffee to balance that effect.

I noticed you don't take coffee/caffeine. Why? Having some pre work out should really improve the work out, making sure it has adequate sugar.

I agree that the low ferritin needs to be increased, good that you're feeling better taking iron - keep us updated on the ferritin/iron levels when you next have it checked.

It would be worth getting prolactin checked, just in case. Your test is high which to me shows prolactin should be in check. But I have read posts of people taking cypro having prolactin increased as a result.

Lastly you mention you held off ejaculation 3 days before - do you ejaculate via sex or masturbation? Reason I ask is a lot of people are having issues with orgasming/ejaculating and I believe it can screw with dopamine,prolactin, test etc. Look into nofap and try it out for 7 days.
Personally I just feel so much better when I don't do that, and I haven't for a while. How I feel now I don't want to ever give up so I will never fap or touch myself ever again in that way.

Hey man!

I actually can use Taurine in the morning/midday at a dose of around 3 grams with NO sedation, just general calmness and energy.

I may start experimenting more with coffee, but the reason I don't is that I lose track of my baseline energy levels with it. I always feel like I am borrowing energy from the future with caffeine.

I'll tend to use my BrainX on it's own or with Phenylalanine if I want a boost.

As for Prolactin, you raise an excellent point. I saw those threads about proalctin rising from even low doses of cypro.

Last time I had my Prolactin levels were this:
Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 8.57.47 pm.png

I usually ejaculate via masturbation. I have never noticed any benefits from abstaining from ejaculation because I am actually dealing with PSSD, I RARELY orgasm and have massively reduced sensation down there.. (Can last for a very long time, but no pleasure) its been one of the most frustrating things I've dealt with and still have bandaid solutions.

NathanK

I've not noticed any major bile issues, normal stools to be honest, and plenty of carrots.

You took 5 grams of Taurine and that boosted your T?

Wow that is a low BP you mentioned, but this can be combatte easily hey with caffeine/salt.
I've since gotten my labs back from that day. I'd taken a break from coffee a few days prior. Salt not so much. Still untangling the labs with the variables I added, but I noticed my CRP was only .1 so can't complain.

yeah, it was 5g for actually less than 3 weeks before I hit saturation point. I think that's the reason people often cycle it. I've chosen to just take lower, but more consistent, doses since and haven't hit that saturation.

Last edited:

Kingpinguin

What is your current bodyfat? Can't imagine why a lean individual would have high E

not possible? If that same person has very high T then it’s very normal. Testosterone converts to E so high T in most cases equalls high E. Im a skinny guy and everytime I tested upper range or above range testosterone my E levels are about the same range of the scale. And when its normal/mid range then E is normal mid. It makes sense. A lot if symptoms of low T can actually be attributed to having to low E because of too low T. Estrogen is there to suppress LH feedback production by the hypothalamus. If you wouldnt make enough E from your T then your T levels would just rise even more without no conversion to Estrogen leading to no estrogen binding to the hypothalamus telling it to calm down. Testosterone and Estrogen levels go hand in hand.

sladerunner69

Hey man!

I actually can use Taurine in the morning/midday at a dose of around 3 grams with NO sedation, just general calmness and energy.

I may start experimenting more with coffee, but the reason I don't is that I lose track of my baseline energy levels with it. I always feel like I am borrowing energy from the future with caffeine.

I'll tend to use my BrainX on it's own or with Phenylalanine if I want a boost.

As for Prolactin, you raise an excellent point. I saw those threads about proalctin rising from even low doses of cypro.

Last time I had my Prolactin levels were this:
View attachment 16107

I usually ejaculate via masturbation. I have never noticed any benefits from abstaining from ejaculation because I am actually dealing with PSSD, I RARELY orgasm and have massively reduced sensation down there.. (Can last for a very long time, but no pleasure) its been one of the most frustrating things I've dealt with and still have bandaid solutions.

What do you think this is due to? I have dealt with similar proble.s for years since pfs, but I also have numbness in brain which is more bothersome. Have you tried dry fasting for that to see if it might benefit?

JohnHafterson

I would cut the onions personally. Onions are know to cause hemolytic anemia in dogs as one example. Though dogs have an exaggerated response.

Here's a study on onions being used to decrease iron over load and ferritin in rats.

The Effects of Medicago Sativa and Allium Porrum on Iron Overload in Rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Humans are not rats or dogs but I don't see it as a far stretch if a human consumed 4 onions a day that there may be a similar albeit lower response with regard to blood/iron measures.

Onions do have good sulfur, antioxidant content, etc. But ultimately they do not want to be eaten like most vegetables, roots, plants ( built in defense mechanisms and anti-nutrients ).

There are articles on PubMed about the effects of garlic - onions on red blood cell production and iron metabolism as well.

Last edited:

baccheion

I would cut the onions personally. Onions are know to cause hemolytic anemia in dogs as one example. Though dogs have an exaggerated response.

Here's a study on onions being used to decrease iron over load and ferritin in rats.

The Effects of Medicago Sativa and Allium Porrum on Iron Overload in Rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Humans are not rats or dogs but I don't see it as a far stretch if a human consumed 4 onions a day that there may be a similar albeit lower response with regard to blood/iron measures.

Onions do have good sulfur, antioxidant content, etc. But ultimately they do not want to be eaten like most vegetables, roots, plants ( built in defense mechanisms and anti-nutrients ).

There are articles on PubMed about the effects of garlic - onions on red blood cell production and iron metabolism as well.
What vegetables, roots, tubers, etc to be eaten according to you?

JohnHafterson

Just a point not to eat any one plant in excess amounts. If you do eat plants rotation, variety, etc.

Spinach as an example has high levels of oxalates. It also has anti-thyroid ( goitrogenic ) potential.

Broccoli as another example is anti-thyroid ( goitrogenic ), has thiaminases which break down thiamine, and induces DNA fragmentation/damage.

Most vegetables available are the ones selected over time which can be grown relatively easily with good yields, are relatively palatable, and minimally toxic to most people in reasonable quantities.

JohnHafterson

This sounds ideal from a Peat perspective...for men anyway
Not sure about ideal peat - altered iron metabolism due toxicity seems less ideal than maintaining low iron levels by minimizing iron intake or absorption.

Garlic also effects cholesterol synthesis and metabolic pathways through HMG-CoA reductase inhibition like the statins. Not peat at all.

It does tase good though in reasonable amounts...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals