Morning wood project (MWP)

Joocy_J

Okay, this is my attempt to get my morning wood back. Based on others attempts to raise testosterone I will try:

7 grams niacinamide a day
6 grams aspirin a day
45 mg k2 orally dosed a day
1 mg caber per week
vitamin d 15,000 iu topically a day
vitamin a 125000 iu topically a day
15 g taurine a day
lysine = ? anyone have any suggestions for a dose?
15 mg dhea topically a day
I don't like the foggy feeling from cypro so I will leave it out

I also have tianeptine and bromocriptine, and thyroid. I may add thyroid back in at some point I am totally off it now.

I am also back to lifting but I am going VERY LIGHT, nose breathing during exercise only

Any other suggestions/criticism would be appreciated. thanks

If this doesn't work I am just going to inject testosterone, I don't care anymore I just want my life back.

answersfound

Nofap?

Caffeine for blocking estrogen?

answersfound

Joocy_J said:
post 105637
answersfound said:
post 105636 Nofap?

I am on nofap for life, and drink like two pots of coffee a day
Sweet..I'm doing nofap for life too....good to hear.

I'm confident you'll get your wood back with this plan. Also zinc/copper could be good

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
J

Joocy_J

answersfound said:
post 105639
Joocy_J said:
post 105637
answersfound said:
post 105636 Nofap?

I am on nofap for life, and drink like two pots of coffee a day
Sweet..I'm doing nofap for life too....good to hear.

I'm confident you'll get your wood back with this plan. Also zinc/copper could be good

Hopefully, I eat 16 oz oyster a week and 200 g liver, so I think I get enough zinc/copper

Nicholas

have you done basic things like regulating blood sugar first? and why is morning wood something that you want? it's normally because of needing to pee . You can't just raise testosterone in isolation without affecting other hormones. it's usually less complicated to work from the foundation up in a correct manner. Many of your dosages are extremely dangerous - esp. A,D, Taurine. I'm the first to say this?? also, do non-biased research and you will find numerous studies for every supplement you are proposing to take that produce negative results. I only say that to add some balance to your desires to supplement. Using supplements correctly and usefully is a very complex skill. Taking pills and observing how you feel or if you start getting morning wood is not an experiment.

Tarmander

Enough niacinamide usually does the trick for me...sometimes it kind of annoying really

michael94

Nicholas said:
post 105644 have you done basic things like regulating blood sugar first? and why is morning wood something that you want? it's normally because of needing to pee . You can't just raise testosterone in isolation without affecting other hormones. it's usually less complicated to work from the foundation up in a correct manner. Many of your dosages are extremely dangerous - esp. A,D, Taurine. I'm the first to say this?? also, do non-biased research and you will find numerous studies for every supplement you are proposing to take that produce negative results. I only say that to add some balance to your desires to supplement. Using supplements correctly and usefully is a very complex skill. Taking pills and observing how you feel or if you start getting morning wood is not an experiment.

Morning wood is an indicator of your sex hormones at healthy levels generally

slayers

When I was really unhealthy and had terrible low testosterone I only fapped once every 3-4 months... never did anything, now i fap / sex 4-6 a week....
It's fine if you want to no fap for long periods of time, but don't except to improve health in any way..

BTW: theres nothing wrong going to TRT, even peat recommends topical testosterone if need be.

OP
J

Joocy_J

Nicholas said:
post 105644 have you done basic things like regulating blood sugar first? and why is morning wood something that you want? it's normally because of needing to pee . You can't just raise testosterone in isolation without affecting other hormones. it's usually less complicated to work from the foundation up in a correct manner. Many of your dosages are extremely dangerous - esp. A,D, Taurine. I'm the first to say this?? also, do non-biased research and you will find numerous studies for every supplement you are proposing to take that produce negative results. I only say that to add some balance to your desires to supplement. Using supplements correctly and usefully is a very complex skill. Taking pills and observing how you feel or if you start getting morning wood is not an experiment.

I eat like seven times a day so yeah I think my blood sugar is good. I want morning wood because for me personally morning wood correlates with a high sex drive, and overall well-being. I know you are a diet only person and I strongly disagree with your approach as diet alone does not help me.

OP
J

Joocy_J

slayers said:
post 105658 When I was really unhealthy and had terrible low testosterone I only fapped once every 3-4 months... never did anything, now i fap / sex 4-6 a week....
It's fine if you want to no fap for long periods of time, but don't except to improve health in any way..

BTW: theres nothing wrong going to TRT, even peat recommends topical testosterone if need be.

I don't think trt is "bad" I just want to try without it first. I feel A LOT better when I don't masturbate at all...

answersfound

Joocy_J said:
post 105660
slayers said:
post 105658 When I was really unhealthy and had terrible low testosterone I only fapped once every 3-4 months... never did anything, now i fap / sex 4-6 a week....

I don't think trt is "bad" I just want to try without it first. I feel A LOT better when I don't masturbate at all...

According to a highy-regarded member around here...

"I think masturbation tends to keep prolactin elevated for longer compared to regular sex. Regular sex has been shown to cause a large spike in prolactin and oxytocin, which then decline to previous levels after about 12 hours. Masturbation seems to raise prolactin less then sex but keep elevated for days. I think also being in the presence of a stimulating partner caused T and DHT to rise and that contributes to libido as well. Artificial stimulation is much less androgenic."

Nicholas

Joocy_J said:
post 105659
Nicholas said:

I eat like seven times a day so yeah I think my blood sugar is good. I want morning wood because for me personally morning wood correlates with a high sex drive, and overall well-being. I know you are a diet only person and I strongly disagree with your approach as diet alone does not help me.

regulating blood sugar is not just about eating frequently enough...and regulating blood sugar is even relative to non-dietary measures. perhaps you have never really regulated your blood sugar before and you just don't know it. perhaps diet could help you you just haven't learned yet how it can help you. i am not a diet only person (where did you read that?) and do take a couple supplements. being anti-supplements was not the point of my post. since you asked for feedback and criticism, hopefully you at least received my warning about the toxic dosages.

OP
J

Joocy_J

Nicholas said:
post 105665
Joocy_J said:
post 105659
Nicholas said:

regulating blood sugar is not just about eating enough or frequently enough...and regulating blood sugar is even relative to non-dietary measures. perhaps you have never really regulated your blood sugar before and you just don't know it. perhaps diet could help you you just haven't learned yet how it can help you. i am not a diet only person (where did you read that?) and do take a couple supplements. being anti-supplements was not the point of my post. since you asked for feedback and criticism, hopefully you at least received my warning about the toxic dosages.

Please explain what else I can do to regulate blood sugar besides eating frequently? thanks

I already do the calcium/phosphorus ratio, I get daily bright light, I get a balance of macronutrients, I get regular socialization/fun, I meditate, what else is there?

Nicholas

Joocy_J said:
post 105667
Nicholas said:
post 105665
Joocy_J said:
post 105659
Nicholas said:

regulating blood sugar is not just about eating enough or frequently enough...and regulating blood sugar is even relative to non-dietary measures. perhaps you have never really regulated your blood sugar before and you just don't know it. perhaps diet could help you you just haven't learned yet how it can help you. i am not a diet only person (where did you read that?) and do take a couple supplements. being anti-supplements was not the point of my post. since you asked for feedback and criticism, hopefully you at least received my warning about the toxic dosages.

Please explain what else I can do to regulate blood sugar besides eating frequently? thanks

I already do the calcium/phosphorus ratio, I get daily bright light, I get a balance of macronutrients, I get regular socialization/fun, I meditate, what else is there?

your physical activity
your hygeine
your sleep habits
your habits in general
your calories per day
your calories per meal
your meals per day
your timing of meals
your non-allergenic food
your digestible food
your types and varieties of carbs
your types and varieties of proteins
your types of fats
your macro ratios *per meal*
your nutrient variety
your fiber/fiber types
your threshold for life stressors (knowing when to make changes)

through explicit and documented experimentation, you have to find ***your*** correct definition for all of the above for your ***current*** state. Your state will change and evolve through your life and all of these demands will change with it. Lack of regulating blood sugar (not that it's the easiest thing in the world) is usually related to not acknowledging all of the above, and/or not being consistent with what you've acknowledged, and/or not accepting or seeing the reality of what you actually do on a day to day basis.

OP
J

Joocy_J

Nicholas said:
post 105671
Joocy_J said:
post 105667
Nicholas said:
post 105665
Joocy_J said:
post 105659
Nicholas said:

your physical activity
your hygeine
your sleep habits
your habits in general
your calories per day
your calories per meal
your meals per day
your timing of meals
your non-allergenic food
your digestible food
your types of fats
your nutrient variety
your fiber/fiber types

through explicit and documented experimentation, you have to find ***your*** correct definition for all of the above for your ***current*** state. Your state will change and evolve through your life and all of these demands will change with it. Lack of regulating blood sugar (not that it's the easiest thing in the world) is usually related to not acknowledging all of the above, and/or not being consistent with what you've acknowledged, and/or not accepting or seeing the reality of what you actually do on a day to day basis.

I see your point I just don't have my whole life to micromanage my diet. I need a solution now

Nicholas

Joocy_J said:
post 105672
Nicholas said:
post 105671
Joocy_J said:
post 105667
Nicholas said:
post 105665
Joocy_J said:
post 105659
Nicholas said:

your physical activity
your hygeine
your sleep habits
your habits in general
your calories per day
your calories per meal
your meals per day
your timing of meals
your non-allergenic food
your digestible food
your types of fats
your nutrient variety
your fiber/fiber types

I see your point I just don't have my whole life to micromanage my diet. I need a solution now

diet may not be your problem....but it's the framework by which you can begin to experience the world differently. peat said that in some other way. saying you want a solution now is like saying you want to change careers but not get the necessary training to do so. A lot of the factors of regulating blood sugar become second-nature and are very rewarding when you start to internalize it all. like a beginner at a trade....having to think about everything and be more careful in the beginning....while the master tradesperson can do things with more ease. i know exactly the allure for the solution and the option that doesn't require myself to have to put in effort or honesty....but the hard truth is that that path rarely works and is with certainty less rewarding.

You would be surprised how quickly you can actually start making major changes with simple documentation and a little more awareness.

Nicholas

also, when you develop the skills of perceiving, thinking, acting (the kind of core of Ray Peat) in regards to diet....those skills transfer to other areas of your life as well.

OP
J

Joocy_J

Nicholas said:
post 105675 also, when you develop the skills of perceiving, thinking, acting (the kind of core of Ray Peat) in regards to diet....those skills transfer to other areas of your life as well.

I guess I don't really understand what you're talking about, could you give me some concrete examples.

I am desperate, because I think I am going to fail out of college if I don't get my libido/sleep back soon. I feel like ***t everyday and have a hard time concentrating/getting my work done. If I fail school, I will most likely kill myself. That is why I am trying this.

answersfound

Joocy_J said:
post 105676
Nicholas said:
post 105675 also, when you develop the skills of perceiving, thinking, acting (the kind of core of Ray Peat) in regards to diet....those skills transfer to other areas of your life as well.

I guess I don't really understand what you're talking about, could you give me some concrete examples.

I am desperate, because I think I am going to fail out of college if I don't get my libido/sleep back soon. I feel like s*** everyday and have a hard time concentrating/getting my work done. If I fail school, I will most likely kill myself. That is why I am trying this.
I don't get how this is possible. You say your temp is 98.6 and u eat oysters liver, etc. you don't fap. You drink lots of coffee You sound like you should be in excellent health. Why not go to your schools health center? I'm sure they have people to talk to about this. You seriously have no libido? Maybe you have high progesterone?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals