My prolactin won't go down. Is my heavy metal burden causing this high prolactin?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I had high prolactin as a result of high iron. It has gone down since lowering my iron levels. I wouldn't be surprised if other heavy metals could also cause high prolactin. If that is the case I don't think you'll see any progress from additional supplements, you need to remove the cause.
Was your LH low when prolactin was high? Iron accumulates in the pituitary and lowers LH.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

I wouldn't be surprised if other heavy metals could also cause high prolactin. If that is the case I don't think you'll see any progress from additional supplements, you need to remove the cause.

Yes. Based on the fact that I have tried everything that is said to lower prolactin, even pharmaceuticals, to no avail, I think the focus needs to be on the heavy metals.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

8-Hydroxy-2′-deoxyguanosine. There is also a possibility that things in the past caused irreversible damage since both LH and FSH are high. FSH would be lower if the Sertoli cells would have been working better.
Perhaps you can do a GPL-tox test to test for toxins in your system.

I'll look into 8-Hydroxy-2′-deoxyguanosine. It looks like it's available with the DUTCH test.

The GPL-tox test looks interesting to check beyond just metals.

When you say things in the past, do you mean toxins or infections?

Really hope that irreversible damage is indeed reversible...

Hans

Forum Supporter
When you say things in the past, do you mean toxins or infections?
Yes like heavy metals, tighty whities, varicocele, EMF, nutritional deficiencies, gut issues, genetics, etc.

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Yes like heavy metals, tighty whities, varicocele, EMF, nutritional deficiencies, gut issues, genetics, etc.

Got it. Varicocele was the first thing I got fixed (it was a small one but I got the surgery just in case), so I am now following all these other leads...

Ismail

I had high prolactin as a result of high iron. It has gone down since lowering my iron levels. I wouldn't be surprised if other heavy metals could also cause high prolactin. If that is the case I don't think you'll see any progress from additional supplements, you need to remove the cause.
What did you do specifically to lower your iron levels?

Have you noticed anything specific after getting prolactin to a decent level?

Thanks 🙏

Dr. B

Do not use aluminum cookware, or drink tap water which may contain high levels of aluminum where you live.

The aluminum can be excreted with silicated water like Fiji water.

We have shown that drinking up to 1 L of a silicon-rich mineral water each day for 12 weeks facilitated the removal of aluminum via the urine in both patient and control groups without any concomitant affect upon the urinary excretion of the essential metals, iron and copper.
thats interesting, isnt there issue with ingesting silicon/silicate though? are there any benefits to coconut water or just organic orange juice, other fruit juices?

Also, NAC significantly reduced the levels of lipid peroxidation and markedly restored the enzymic and non-enzymatic antioxidants levels in kidney of Pb-treated rats. Moreover, NAC administration significantly increased urinary Pb excretion and decreased its level in the serum and kidney. In conclusion, NAC treatment prevents renal tubular damage induced by chronic Pb administration, most probably through its antioxidant properties and chelating ability.

Chronic administration of N-acetyl cysteine significantly improved memory retention in tasks, attenuated oxidative damage and acetylcholinesterase activity in aluminium-treated rats. The study suggests a neuroprotective effect of N-acetyl cysteine against aluminium-induced cognitive dysfunction and oxidative damage.

Treatment with Vitamin C, either combined with lead or administered later seemed to offer a marked improvement of the ERG parameters, histopathological, biochemical and biophysical findings. The ERG parameters were reversed towards the normal values, retinal cytoarchitecture was much ameliorated and the changes in blood parameters were significantly alleviated. The ability of Vitamin C to reduce lead toxicity may relate to its antioxidant actions via free radical scavenging mechanism. Supplementation of diets with Vitamin C may be recommended to improve the body burden of lead.

the vitamin C part is interesting, what kind of dosage should be maintained? 250mg a day? higher doses can cause other issues.

Dr. B

these can all cause irreversible damage to the penis and testes? tight underwear, emf, nutrition deficiency, gut issues?

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

@Hans I received my RT3 result and it was 9.4. This is a sign that at least all the T3 I'm taking is not being converted to RT3 excessively.

It looks there is still a chance that I'm asking too much from my liver by throwing 120mcg of T4 per day, and that is increasing prolactin?

Mezey E. Insulin growth factor I and hypogonadism in cirrhosis. Hepatology. 2000 Mar;31(3):783-4. "Reduction of plasma testosterone and increases in plasma prolactin correlate with the severity of cirrhosis as determined by the Child-Pugh score."

Hasselbalch HC, Bech K, Eskildsen PC. Serum prolactin and thyrotropin responses to thyrotropin-releasing hormone in men with alcoholic cirrhosis. Acta Med Scand. 1981;209(1-2):37-40. These findings favour the concept that raised serum PRL in cirrhotic patients might be caused by a diminished dopaminergic neurotransmission.

maillol

@Hans @Ismail
I gave blood twice, not much really, I know some people here have done a lot more than that. I don't avoid red meat entirely but yeah mostly chicken and fish, no liver, no spinach. I put most effort into avoiding iron fortified food so no breakfast cereals and I make my own bread using Polish flour.

The main thing is I am much warmer now. My libido is better and my balls are more relaxed, they used to physically hurt they were so tight. Also I can tolerate caffeine now.

This was an important read for me:

Cellular iron: Ferroportin is the only way out

Hans

Forum Supporter
these can all cause irreversible damage to the penis and testes? tight underwear, emf, nutrition deficiency, gut issues?
Potentially if done for a long time.

Hans

Forum Supporter
It looks there is still a chance that I'm asking too much from my liver by throwing 120mcg of T4 per day, and that is increasing prolactin?
Maybe but unlikely, since when you used lower dose T3 and your fT3 were lower, you P were still elevated.

Dr. B

@Hans @Ismail
I gave blood twice, not much really, I know some people here have done a lot more than that. I don't avoid red meat entirely but yeah mostly chicken and fish, no liver, no spinach. I put most effort into avoiding iron fortified food so no breakfast cereals and I make my own bread using Polish flour.

The main thing is I am much warmer now. My libido is better and my balls are more relaxed, they used to physically hurt they were so tight. Also I can tolerate caffeine now.

This was an important read for me:

Cellular iron: Ferroportin is the only way out

fish could have lots of pufa unless its extremely lean fish. there's also the water pollution problem. chicken is also a pufa food. ground beef is lower in iron than liver. but liver has lots of copper that could help properly process the iron? ground beef doesnt have much or any copper, but has 1.5x as much zinc as iron whereas liver is like 1:1:1 iron, copper and zinc i think

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

@Hans I got my DHT results which you may find interesting. It was 72. Do you think that level is protective? Even with the increase, prolactin, LH and FSH didn't decrease at all or not much in the case of the last two. Do you think taking more DHT could at some point lower those?

I have been taking 4 to 5 mg daily for two months or so, micronized dissolved in vitamin E. It looks like it increased my blood levels a bit, since my previous result in January was

By the way, my vitamin D was measured in ng/mL.

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans I got my DHT results which you may find interesting. It was 72. Do you think that level is protective? Even with the increase, prolactin, LH and FSH didn't decrease at all or not much in the case of the last two. Do you think taking more DHT could at some point lower those?

I have been taking 4 to 5 mg daily for two months or so, micronized dissolved in vitamin E. It looks like it increased my blood levels a bit, since my previous result in January was

By the way, my vitamin D was measured in ng/mL.
DHT is definitely protective and should increase sperm production. Perhaps try 10mg and see if that lowers LH, prolactin and FSH. It doesn't suppress testicular T production, so as long as LH remains in range, you shouldn't see a drop in T.
Where you do apply the DHT?

So vit D is definitely high. :)

facesavant

by what mechanism do all these substances lower prolactin, is it really beneficial and worthwhile compared to eating more calcium dairy to lower prolactin? if prolactin is a detox hormone wont artificially lowering it interfere with the detox process
I don't see it here but did you ever get a comment on your question? I'm curious too. It seems the answers above are supplements which I'm trying to avoid. Thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals