Ex Propecia User! Low Estrogen / High Prolactin Desperate For Help!

daniel1286

Hi all,

Hoping I can find some help and support here for what seems like a dead end situation Ive got myself into...

Started taking propecia for hairloss for 5 years (1mg a day)
Came off propecia after noticing a significant drop in sex drive and ED
During these 5 years I go from top performing sportsman to lazy and overweight and unmotivated
I breeze through university but then this new found fatigue causes me to take the easy options in life and walk away from my chosen career path
I also develop severe psoriasis during this period while on propecia
I literally go from top performing alpha male to rock bottom

I have been off propecia 5 years and somehow managing to exist with all these symptoms and just get by
Then after training in the gym for 3 months before a holiday to Las Vegas I crash majorly
(was taking grenade fat burners twice a day for 3 months during this period)

I now
- Find it impossible to get up in the mornings my eyes sting and my body is so weak I can barely stand up without assistance
- Can not remember anything and have no concentration
- Can not play any sport as I am out of breath instantly and my body is so weak
- Can not train in the gym as I am then in pain for upto 7 days
- Have no regular digestive routine and am always constipated
- Never ever have morning wood
- Erections are weak and orgasm is almost non existent
- Testicles / penis have shrunk and always feel like they are trying to go inside
- Severe depression and feel like I have lost my personality
- Major weight gain in belly love handles and thighs and face

I am currently taking androgel and metformin and have been diagnosed with metabolic syndrome

Total Protein 71 ( 60-80g/l)
Albumin 48 (35-50g/l)
Total Bilrubin 10 (0-21umol/l)
AST 20 (0-37IU/L)
ALT 28 (10-41IU/L)
Prolactin 190 (86-324mu/L)
Oestradiol 46 LOW (99-192pmol/L)
Testosterone 13.3 (9.9-27.8pmol/L)
VitaminB12 424 (180-2000ng/L)
Serum Folate 9.48 (4.6-18.7ug/L)

P3NP 10.4 HIGH (3.3-9.7ug/L) (Liver test to take methetrexate)

SHGB Normal
Vitamin D 138.9 nmol/L

Serum TSH level 2.58 miU/L
Serum prolactin level 273 (86-324mu/L)

Serum FSH level 9.2 (1.50-12.40IU/L)
Serum LH level 4.9 (1.70-8.60IU/L)

Updated

TSH 2.63 (0.35-4.50mlu/l)
B12 424 (180 -2000)
FT4 16.4 (11-24pmol)
FT3 4.3 (3.90-6.80pmol

01-Sep-2017 ! OESTRADIOL - (AT) - 67
! Serum oestradiol level 67 pmol/L 99.00 - 192.00pmol/L

01-Sep-2017 ! Serum prolactin level - (AT) - borderline 471
! Serum prolactin level 471 mu/L 86.00 - 324.00mu/L

Ive also had just about every cortisol test done which have all come back normal
I also have high uric acid which is not listed above

Ultrasounds show inflamed thyroid and fatty liver

I have family history of thyroid - hypo mum and sister

Im desperate for help and wondered if anyone could offer some hope for me as I feel Im at the end of the road

JoeKool

Well you have some reading to do... we have another thread titled Post Finasteride Syndrome, 5AR and the brain... 180 pages but a lot has occurred at page 30...

For prolactin, which will help estrogen, look into Cabergoline or pramipoexle ... i would start there, i've seen improvements since adding it

OP
D

daniel1286

Thanks Joe - I have read this but I am so brain dead Im really unsure what to do next

Which protocol is best for my set of labs any idea?

JoeKool

I really don't feel too comfortable saying which way to go... I can only say what i've done and such...

I 100% believe getting prolactin down will help you tremendously ... look up deca-***k or fina-***k for said side affects of high prolactin in males... it'll help your estrogen too

I noticed some improvements by first focusing on repairing sleep... glycine and l-theanine helped there...

I took R-Andro, which is an over the counter pro hormone, to help introduce DHT to my starved body... some say if you feel worse on such a product, it's a sign to go one way or the other...

I'm happy to reply, but you have to take the knowledge and research this... you'll see on the other forum ppl are looking for exact answers or they won't move an inch... that isn't how your personal recovery will take place...

L-tyrosine helps with brain fog too... perhaps you'll feel some clarity after starting 1G a day of that... it's cheap, safe & helps with the fogginess so you can concentrate again overall...

OP
D

daniel1286

Thanks so much Joe!

Im going to ask my endo for dostinex for the high prolactin

R andro how do I cycle it and what do I do when I come off it? Im on testo gel too how will that affect it?

Daytime is still my worse symptom at the minute Im bed bound most of the day

Thanks so much for all your help

JoeKool

I ran 600 to 900mgs a day , 2 pills every 4 hours... or 3 pills every 4 hours... gets a little expensive but it has helped...

please go over the other thread to understand what finasteride is and does... and tackle the recovery head on!!

OP
D

daniel1286

Hey bro

I have done lots and lots of reading the last couple of days

Can you recommend anywhere in the UK to get R ando and can I take it while on testo gel?

Also what is the best thread to read on here? Can you link me to it?

JoeKool

Post Finasteride Syndrome, 5ar, And The Brain

The action starts at page 30

The testo gel is just a weak testosterone, the R-Andro is actually going to be stronger in gram for gram to DHT... but do a search for pro hormones uk ... or see if ironmaglabs ships right to you

Do you need the testo gel ? Were you a steroid user? I don't think that's helping you in this issue...

OP
D

daniel1286

Thank you so much bro!

The testo gel has made my test level go up but I haven't really seen an improvement in my symptoms at all

What do you take supplement / med wise and how is your recovery going?

JoeKool

I'm taking the Ru486 protocol. It's an anti progesterone. Fin starts as a progesterone and messes up your downstream hormone dominance.

fradon

thyroid and adrenals issue...if you are diabetic do you have insulin resistance. also look in toxins...which can raise uric acid. Start drinking coffee. Coffee lowers uric acid levels, helps the kidneys produce adreanline. Don't drink it on an empty stomach take it with meat...red meat, liver, chicken breast, steaks... avoid anything YIN like fruit, raw vegetables, sugar, wheat, medications, herbs.

Last edited:
OP
D

daniel1286

Hi @fradon

Thanks for taking the time to read my story

I drink 3 cups of black coffee everyday

Re the thyroid and adrenal issues can you elloborate a little more please im really in a bad situtation

Thanks

fradon

Hi @fradon

Thanks for taking the time to read my story

I drink 3 cups of black coffee everyday

Re the thyroid and adrenal issues can you elloborate a little more please im really in a bad situtation

Thanks

you said you were taking grenade fat burners...these over stimulate the adrenal glands to burn fat the same way caffeine and Ephedra do which is why people take them to lose weight but they drain your adrenals and then you wind up with adrenal exhaustion and adrenal fatigue which sounds like what you have. When your adrenals fail you have no power and when they completly shut off you wind up with something called Addison's disease where you body can't make anymore cortisol and you have zero energy because of it then you will have to get cortisol shots.

try to taking a b complex and some vitamin c they support the adrenals. Avoid processed sugar. if you are diabetic that will also lead to weight gain because of insulin resistance.

you might try a low carb higher protein low fat diet. on the ray peat site it said when you deprive your body of fat it speads up your metabolism. eating protein will stimulate your theyroid and help your adreanal. I would also recommend a spring water called San Pallegrino as it has a lot of good minerals and sulfate which will help your stomach and guts repair if you have any issues.

Serotoninja

You have low plasma estradiol but you probably don't have low estrogen. Haidut posted a study showing that prolactin was a good metric for serotonin/estrogen levels in tissues

Last edited:
OP
D

daniel1286

Thanks Fradon

Do I go on HC?

Address my thyroid with T3

Take dostinex for the high prolactin?

What would you do?

JoeKool

I've taken dostinex (Cabergoline) or pramipexole for the high prolactin... it's helped me

fradon

You have low plasma estradiol but you probably don't have low estrogen. Haidut posted a study showing that prolactin was a good metric for serotonin/estrogen levels in tissues

high prolactin could also mean low dopamine as dopamine keeps it down. low dopamine runs with low testosterone...increase dopamine then it will increase testosterone....

this is the dopamine adrenaline testosterone system to counteract the estrogen serotoinin prolactin system

fradon

Thanks Fradon

Do I go on HC?

Address my thyroid with T3

Take dostinex for the high prolactin?

What would you do?

high prolactin could also mean low dopamine as dopamine keeps it down. low dopamine runs with low testosterone...increase dopamine then it will increase testosterone....

this is the dopamine adrenaline testosterone system to counteract the estrogen serotoinin prolactin system it all still points to low adrenals fix them and most other problems will follow. work on your adrenal fatigue

Back
Top Bottom