Abnormal labs, high stress, pituitary MRI?

fever257

Hey everyone.

So as some of you may know, I’m working to correct my PFS issues.

I currently have issues with sleep, digestion, mood, mental functioning, feeling “stuck” in life, etc.

So I used an internist to help me get some lab work.

Pretty much everything came back abnormal / indicative of stress.

High prolactin, high TSH, low FSH, low luteinizing hormone.

I also suspect low 5AR steroids and low neuroprotective steroids.

I’ll get testosterone and estrogens (I wanted estrone and estrone sulfate - are these good or should I go for total estrogens?) in the coming days.

Needless to say, I’m really not feeling well!

My doc wants to get an MRI of my pituitary, and I don’t want to do this for obvious reasons. I’m assuming he wants to try and diagnose hyperprolactinemia via a pituitary tumor or something, but that would make things worse not better.

Is TRT going to be my best bet going forward?

Attachments

• IMG_1706.jpeg
    IMG_1706.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1708.jpeg
    IMG_1708.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1709.jpeg
    IMG_1709.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1710.jpeg
    IMG_1710.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1711.jpeg
    IMG_1711.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1712.jpeg
    IMG_1712.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 28

Hans

Forum Supporter
Your prolactin is not even over the upper limit. Your prolactin will drop a lot when you correct thyroid function. Just by using thyroid for example can help to bring down prolactin.

But the likely cause for both high TSH and prolactin is nutritional deficiencies. Eating a more nutrition dense diet will help a lot. But if you have digestive issues, that can cause the issues to begin with.

mostlylurking

Hey everyone.

So as some of you may know, I’m working to correct my PFS issues.

I currently have issues with sleep, digestion, mood, mental functioning, feeling “stuck” in life, etc.

So I used an internist to help me get some lab work.

Pretty much everything came back abnormal / indicative of stress.

High prolactin, high TSH, low FSH, low luteinizing hormone.

I also suspect low 5AR steroids and low neuroprotective steroids.

I’ll get testosterone and estrogens (I wanted estrone and estrone sulfate - are these good or should I go for total estrogens?) in the coming days.

Needless to say, I’m really not feeling well!

My doc wants to get an MRI of my pituitary, and I don’t want to do this for obvious reasons. I’m assuming he wants to try and diagnose hyperprolactinemia via a pituitary tumor or something, but that would make things worse not better.

Is TRT going to be my best bet going forward?
Focus on your thyroid; high TSH is showing a problem with your thyroid function. TSH itself is inflammatory; ideally TSH should be less that 1. You need to get the full thyroid panel as relying on TSH test alone is inadequate.

audio show: https://www.toxinless.com/polsci-080911-thyroid-and-regeneration.mp3

Suggested reading:

OP
fever257

fever257

@Hans @mostlylurking I take IdeaLabs T3 tyronene every four hours and 1 grain of Armour thyroid total ( 1/2 morn, 1/2 evening) every day already….

mostlylurking

@Hans @mostlylurking I take IdeaLabs T3 tyronene every four hours and 1 grain of Armour thyroid total ( 1/2 morn, 1/2 evening) every day already….
My devastating hypothyroid symptoms did not resolve until my new endocrinologist changed my prescription desiccated thyroid medication from Armour to NP Thyroid (by Acella) and doubled my dose to 180 mgs/day (=3 grains). Optimizing my dose, with the help of a knowledgeable older (80+ years) endocrinologist took 9 months. Every 6 weeks, the full thyroid panel (blood work) was done to evaluate how I was doing. My body acclimated to the thyroid supplementation in a stair-step fashion as the medication was increased in increments. My body stopped making and relying on high adrenaline to function over time as the thyroid medication dose was increased and my adrenaline normalized.

I do not believe that I could have worked out my dilemma regarding how much thyroid supplement that I need by myself and without frequent blood testing using the whole thyroid panel.

mostlylurking

Although it is popular to believe on this site that you can easily do it yourself regarding thyroid supplementation, I don't believe that's true if you actually have hypothyroidism. The reason why I believe this is because of my own experience. in 2015, my endocrinologist spent 9 months slowly increasing my dose of desiccated thyroid, NP Thyroid by Acella in increments (with blood testing every 6 weeks). He had switched the brand from Armour to NP Thyroid because Armour had changed their formula spring of 2014 and I wound up with rheumatoid arthritis (lost the use of my thumbs) while taking 1.5 grains (90mgs) daily of it. So although I took prescription Armour thyroid for around 15 years, I don't anymore. My endo determined that my optimum dose of the NP Thyroid at that time was 3 grains (180mgs); in other words he doubled my dose.

Five years later, in 2020, I took Bactrim antibiotic which blocked my thiamine function. I developed hypothyroid symptoms and thought I had gotten a bad batch of NP Thyroid so I got my blood tests done two months early and learned that my free T3 was dangerously high. My endo told me that hyperthyroidism blocks thiamine function and he lowered my dose of thyroid med down to 135mgs. I don't really understand all this and I sure couldn't have figured it out on my own. But since that time I've been taking 135mg of NP Thyroid AND high dose thiamine hcl, because I need both and they need to be in sync with each other. The thyroid needs thiamine to work right. It can get confusing. A good endocrinologist is needed, at least in my case.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals