Prolactinoma?

cihans

@olive’s advise to take P5P may lower your prolactin try it and folate too don’t exceed recommended dosage for folate you may google it I believe 400mcg for adult man.

OP
LuMonty

LuMonty

@olive’s advise to take P5P may lower your prolactin try it and folate too don’t exceed recommended dosage for folate you may google it I believe 400mcg for adult man.
I'll keep that in mind.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'll keep that in mind.
Are you in the US? Sorry if you mentioned it and I missed it. I agree with @cihans that it sounds like a microadenoma. That’s what I have and doctors typically won’t consider treatment unless your prolactin levels are over 100.

OP
LuMonty

LuMonty

Are you in the US? Sorry if you mentioned it and I missed it. I agree with @cihans that it sounds like a microadenoma. That’s what I have and doctors typically won’t consider treatment unless your prolactin levels are over 100.
Yes, I'm in the US. I don't think I've mentioned it except maybe in my Log thread so you're good. The duo that were doing and checked the MRI did say it's an adenoma (wish I could remember the size, but I was still sleep deprived then) and that I should get it checked again in a few years. I remember having a hard time holding still at the beginning because I was trying not to laugh. The trainee left the mic on and made a comment about the size of my brain, which got her chastised by the main technician.

If my prolactin has to get to 100 I don't have much hope of doing this the legitimate way. Between that and being in the Midwest (location and attitude) I don't have much hope of treatment in general, as I only have one place to get checked at in-network. So no second opinions, which is what I was hoping for based on symptoms. My pulmonologist agrees it needs treating and he's 99% sure it's the cause of my sleep apnea, but he can't treat me for it. He tried prescribing stuff for the apnea but my GP ended that.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes, I'm in the US. I don't think I've mentioned it except maybe in my Log thread so you're good. The duo that were doing and checked the MRI did say it's an adenoma (wish I could remember the size, but I was still sleep deprived then) and that I should get it checked again in a few years. I remember having a hard time holding still at the beginning because I was trying not to laugh. The trainee left the mic on and made a comment about the size of my brain, which got her chastised by the main technician.

If my prolactin has to get to 100 I don't have much hope of doing this the legitimate way. Between that and being in the Midwest (location and attitude) I don't have much hope of treatment in general, as I only have one place to get checked at in-network. So no second opinions, which is what I was hoping for based on symptoms. My pulmonologist agrees it needs treating and he's 99% sure it's the cause of my sleep apnea, but he can't treat me for it. He tried prescribing stuff for the apnea but my GP ended that.
I’m in the Midwest too. I’ve had to treat myself for the last 10 years. It’s a shame really but that’s the current system we’re living in.

Luk3

Metergoline got my prolactin down from 26 to 16 in a few weeks. I also abstained from sex/masturbation, which always makes me feel better. Vit E is also good for lowering prolactin.

OP
LuMonty

LuMonty

@Blossom Well, I take heart in knowing it's not just me.

@Luk3 Thanks, I'll make sure my Vitamin E intake is good.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blossom Well, I take heart in knowing it's not just me.

@Luk3 Thanks, I'll make sure my Vitamin E intake is good.
I hope you don't have to do the same but if so feel free to message me and I can share what I do with labs and everything.

OP
LuMonty

LuMonty

I hope you don't have to do the same but if so feel free to message me and I can share what I do with labs and everything.
I'll probably have to do that in the near future. Getting the blood test is a chore but doable once I have my insurance info, but I'm on my own otherwise.

Metergoline got my prolactin down from 26 to 16 in a few weeks. I also abstained from sex/masturbation, which always makes me feel better. Vit E is also good for lowering prolactin.
What type of vitamin E did you use?

Mauritio

I'll probably have to do that in the near future. Getting the blood test is a chore but doable once I have my insurance info, but I'm on my own otherwise.
How did your treatment go ?

You could try 5a dhp , it's a stronger prolactin lowering substance than progesterone and haidut mentioned he thinks it's even stronger than androsterone .

OP
LuMonty

LuMonty

How did your treatment go ?

You could try 5a dhp , it's a stronger prolactin lowering substance than progesterone and haidut mentioned he thinks it's even stronger than androsterone .
Never got to treat anything bc my wife's workplace claimed she never signed me up. I've been using bromocriptine intermittently and seem to slowly be making progress. Also working on something else but don't have enoughd details yet to share. Unfortunately 5aDhp just made me nauseous after the first couple days. I do use androsterone often in very small doses love that stuff.

Mauritio

Never got to treat anything bc my wife's workplace claimed she never signed me up. I've been using bromocriptine intermittently and seem to slowly be making progress. Also working on something else but don't have enoughd details yet to share. Unfortunately 5aDhp just made me nauseous after the first couple days. I do use androsterone often in very small doses love that stuff.
Have you ever tried cabergoline and can compare it to bromo ?
Caber is very powerfull!
Okay I also didn't get super strong prolactin lowering effects from 5adhp ,but didn't try it long enough .
Androsterone tanks my libido and possibly estrogen and erection quality when I take even a1mg everyday. I made a solution with 0,1mg per drop .

How did your prolactin change with andro and bromo?

OP
LuMonty

LuMonty

Have you ever tried cabergoline and can compare it to bromo ?
Caber is very powerfull!
Okay I also didn't get super strong prolactin lowering effects from 5adhp ,but didn't try it long enough .
Androsterone tanks my libido and possibly estrogen and erection quality when I take even a1mg everyday. I made a solution with 0,1mg per drop .

How did your prolactin change with andro and bromo?
I haven't tried cabergoline. bromo was on sale when I was choosing. Its very interesting about androsterone, I can use up to 5mg a day with no issue but I believe you when you say you need to use very little. Anyways I haven't had any blood work done but I do go by the reduction in gyno I've had plus erection quality and associated measures. Going by those, the reduction has been enough to continue use. For examples I used have solid masses of tissue for gyno and now they're much smaller separate pieces.
I get a certain kind of headache when the tumor/pituitary is bothering me and that seems to be best, so once or twice a week. I'm still getting my digestion in order so using more and keeping up on food is difficult for me and that means using less bromo (or other pro-metabolic stuff) so for someone without those issues it could potentially be stronger.

Mauritio

I haven't tried cabergoline. bromo was on sale when I was choosing. Its very interesting about androsterone, I can use up to 5mg a day with no issue but I believe you when you say you need to use very little. Anyways I haven't had any blood work done but I do go by the reduction in gyno I've had plus erection quality and associated measures. Going by those, the reduction has been enough to continue use. For examples I used have solid masses of tissue for gyno and now they're much smaller separate pieces.
I get a certain kind of headache when the tumor/pituitary is bothering me and that seems to be best, so once or twice a week. I'm still getting my digestion in order so using more and keeping up on food is difficult for me and that means using less bromo (or other pro-metabolic stuff) so for someone without those issues it could potentially be stronger.
Thanks for your info , very appreciated.