Can you live on milk and fruit alone?

N

nobody

All I have been craving and consuming for 6 months is 2 quarts of raw a2 whole jersey milk mixed with 4 tablespoons of raw grass-fed raw butter, and a decent amount of very soft and ripe fruits : mainly delicious pears that melt in my mouth - but also including some tropical fruit and oranges intuitively. After searching through google asking if milk, butter, and fruit was a sufficient diet, I was redirected back to this forum with similar posts surprisingly. Is anyone a nutrition expert that can provide me with some guidance regarding this odd eating pattern I have been drawn to.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
N

nobody

I should add, I do not eat meat, eggs, or underground vegetables due to my faith - whether this makes a difference or not, please keep in mind my spiritual path and need to maintain these restrictions.

Nomane Euger

All I have been craving and consuming for 6 months is 2 quarts of raw a2 whole jersey milk mixed with 4 tablespoons of raw grass-fed raw butter, and a decent amount of very soft and ripe fruits : mainly delicious pears that melt in my mouth - but also including some tropical fruit and oranges intuitively. After searching through google asking if milk, butter, and fruit was a sufficient diet, I was redirected back to this forum with similar posts surprisingly. Is anyone a nutrition expert that can provide me with some guidance regarding this odd eating pattern I have been drawn to.
Hi,how do you feel,do you experience any negative symptom?

Last edited:

VitoScaletta

I would add some dark chocolate sometimes and buckwheat, for Magnesium mainly. I would maybe also incorporate occasional almond perhaps (not 100% sure about this though).

If you have ancestors who thrived on a similar diet I don't see why you couldn't, because they adapt to it genetically.
Assuming your health is fine and not compromised I think you could feel fine on it.

Eat what you want. It would be a shame to suppress your desires when they show themselves so openly

Jennifer

The only potential issue that I can think of to look out for longer-term would be an iron deficiency. I've been consuming a dairy and fruit-based diet for a few years now, and a fruit-based diet for over a decade before that, and I had to reintroduce eggs because my iron levels dropped too low. I'm not sure if you're a follower of Jainism but if not, blackstrap molasses is a good source of iron in case you find your levels dropping too low. Or possibly raisins--I consumed a lot of grapes, but still became deficient.

Fenrir67

The only potential issue that I can think of to look out for longer-term would be an iron deficiency. I've been consuming a dairy and fruit-based diet for a few years now, and a fruit-based diet for over a decade before that, and I had to reintroduce eggs because my iron levels dropped too low. I'm not sure if you're a follower of Jainism but if not, blackstrap molasses is a good source of iron in case you find your levels dropping too low. Or possibly raisins--I consumed a lot of grapes, but still became deficient.
You are misinformed about eggs,egg is not a food for iron deficiency but rather promote a deficiency because they contain phosvitin, a protein compound that binds iron molecules together and prevents the body from absorbing iron from foods...

OP
N

nobody

What would you suggest I add to optimize my diet, if anything?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ray said with an all milk diet you would eventually run into iron issues.

Fenrir67

You can add fish,nuts,legumes and rice and take a iron supplement because without meat milk actually cause a deficiency in iron.

Jennifer

You are misinformed about eggs,egg is not a food for iron deficiency but rather promote a deficiency because they contain phosvitin, a protein compound that binds iron molecules together and prevents the body from absorbing iron from foods...

Ray recommended eggs and they raised my iron levels.

Jennifer

Good for you but I don't think it's the best method.

It was the best method for me. I don’t tolerate any of the things you recommended.

OP
N

nobody

Ray said with an all milk diet you would eventually run into iron issues.
You can add fish,nuts,legumes and rice and take a iron supplement because without meat milk actually cause a deficiency in iron.
I was consuming about 400 calories from organic mung dal (split and skinned mung beans) with lightly steamed mustard greens prior to moving towards a purely raw milk and raw fruit diet. Would this be harmful in any aspect to add back into my diet according to Dr. Peat's advice? These foods would add more of the missing micronutrients, presumably.

Nebula

mixed with 4 tablespoons of raw grass-fed raw butter
Have you tried raw cream instead? My raw milk source also sells raw cream. I really like it. Maybe the best digested fat I have ever consumed. I’m gravitating to something similar because I’m working two jobs and have little time to cook and eat. But I also include occasional beef and oysters. Personally I don’t feel right without some meat and I have never found a substitute for it that feels satisfactory. But potatoes come close. Something about potato protein is very satisfying. They also contain iron. I have gone for long periods feeling great on just milk, fruit, and potatoes, but eventually I feel like having some meat again.

Nomane Euger

Good for you but I don't think it's the best method.
Hi,Jennifer never said anything that is oppose to what you say,she simply said she recommand eggs,one of the reasons is it improved her iron,stop your monologue and stop trying to argue in a condescending manner with someone that didn’t even said anything that oppose your perspective and just shared her experience

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

I was consuming about 400 calories from organic mung dal (split and skinned mung beans) with lightly steamed mustard greens prior to moving towards a purely raw milk and raw fruit diet. Would this be harmful in any aspect to add back into my diet according to Dr. Peat's advice? These foods would add more of the missing micronutrients, presumably.
hi tylerc,do you pay attentions to how differents foods make you feel,in one or many aspects?do you feel specifically good on your diet beyond the taste,does it make you feel certains specific positives feelings,and do you experience any negative symptom?

Fenrir67

Hi,Jennifer never said anything that is oppose to what you say,she simply said she recommand eggs,one of the reasons is it improved her iron,stop you r monologue and stop trying to argue in a condescending manner with someone that didn’t even said anything that oppose your perspective and just gave her experience
english is not my primary language but i don't think "good for you" is condescending but ok I apologize for sounding rude

To come back to the story of the eggs I'm not saying she's lying but it's very hard to believe that egg alone can help for an iron deficiency useless you supplement ascorbic acid in the same time for cancel the iron inhibition effect but of course with the lack of detail such as what magnitude its deficiency is i cannot draw definitive conclusion

"I was consuming about 400 calories from organic mung dal (split and skinned mung beans) with lightly steamed mustard greens prior to moving towards a purely raw milk and raw fruit diet. Would this be harmful in any aspect to add back into my diet according to Dr. Peat's advice? These foods would add more of the missing micronutrients, presumably."

I think with an already limited diet you cannot harm more to add a little diversity.
If you consume solely fruit for your carb your going to have too much fructose and fructose can cause a copper deficiency you need to add more source of glucose to balance.

-Luke-

As far as I know the phosvitin prevents some of the iron absorption, but not all. I think Dr. Peat talked about it in some interview, but I can't remember when and where.

I think just milk, butter and fruit is a pretty good diet. If it was me, I would probably add some seafood like shrimps once a week or so (for some more selenium, copper and zinc), but I guess you (@tylerc) include that in your meat mention (I should add, I do not eat meat, [...]). But even if you don't, you won't be deficient in these minerals if you drink milk.

Back
Top Bottom