Can you live on milk and fruit alone?

Fenrir67

shrimp even wild is the worst seafood in my opinion because of the sulfite and the heavy metal content the least problematic in my opinion is scallop but its pricey and I know that we are on a raypeat forum but we should not be blind about the possible bad effect of milk
for example, this study clearly demonstrates that milk have a negative impact on iron

and fructose cause copper deficiency

OP
N

nobody

hi tylerc,do you pay attentions to how differents foods make you feel,in one or many aspects?do you feel specifically good on your diet beyond the taste,does it make you feel certains specific positives feelings,and do you experience any negative symptom?
After many years of differing dietary patterns, from fasting based fruitarianism on one end of the spectrum all the way to practicing Aajonus Vonderplanitz' Primal Diet for many years, I have come to appreciate the wide variety of foodstuffs that humans may possibly assimilate nourishment from - depending on a multitude of unique factors. At this point within my personal voyage, I have become deeply engaged with my bodies needs and am in complete alignment with the positive or negative reactions derived from certain foods. Raw milk and raw fruit digests incredible well and provides me with a constant state of energy and inner truth.

Nomane Euger

After many years of differing dietary patterns, from fasting based fruitarianism on one end of the spectrum all the way to practicing Aajonus Vonderplanitz' Primal Diet for many years, I have come to appreciate the wide variety of foodstuffs that humans may possibly assimilate nourishment from - depending on a multitude of unique factors. At this point within my personal voyage, I have become deeply engaged with my bodies needs and am in complete alignment with the positive or negative reactions derived from certain foods. Raw milk and raw fruit digests incredible well and provides me with a constant state of energy and inner truth.
then if your degree of well being satisfy you,and you dont have any symptoms,and all aspects of your life satisfy you,enjoy,enjoy and dont worry about anything,your experiences and feelings beyond theories,if then you get symptoms,search to wich things these symptoms are associated so you can experiment with things that could elleviate these potential symptoms.is there any aspect of yourself that you wish to improve?would you reconsider your"faith"restrictions,if there would be food(s) that would influence positively certains aspects of yourself that you wish to improve,despit you consider these foods non consumable due to your "faith"?

Fenrir67

"Raw milk and raw fruit digests incredible well and provides me with a constant state of energy and inner truth"

For how long, only the future will tell us...
On the other hand, I do not understand why you create this post because you seems fulfilled with your raw milk and fruit diet

Nomane Euger

@Fenrir67 ,how from this "study"do you conclude with certainty that all foods containing fructose ,including fruits,independently of any other factor than containing fructose,do cause copper defiency?

Fenrir67

I am not an expert but if you have a preexisting copper deficiency fructose can give you a fatty liver unfortunately the majority studies often use corn syrup in rats and other crap to prove their research I don't know if it's very legit or not but multiple studies link to the same conclusion about fructose lower ceruloplasmin and copper concentration...

Nomane Euger

I am not an expert but if you have a preexisting copper deficiency fructose can give you a fatty liver unfortunately the majority studies often use corn syrup in rats and other crap to prove their research I don't know if it's very legit or not but multiple studies link to the same conclusion about fructose lower ceruloplasmin and copper concentration...
Did you read any study in Wich they claimed that most ripe fruits do cause copper deficiency due to their fructose contain?

ursidae

your religion's forbidden foods
meat
eggs
underground vegetables

foods ray peat recommends against
seeds* and nuts
starch*/grains
legumes
fermented foods*
a number of (raw) above ground vegetables

I think this leaves you with

- cooked greens
- seafood
- cocoa
- nixtamalized corn
- cooked sprouts
- mushrooms
- honey
- maple syrup

Last edited:

Jennifer

To come back to the story of the eggs I'm not saying she's lying but it's very hard to believe that egg alone can help for an iron deficiency useless you supplement ascorbic acid in the same time for cancel the iron inhibition effect but of course with the lack of detail such as what magnitude its deficiency is i cannot draw definitive conclusion

Mine was an actual iron deficiency shown via routine blood tests. I don't eat eggs in isolation but even if that weren't the case, animal proteins contain vitamin C/dehydroascorbic acid and combined with fruit, I get plenty of it in my diet so maybe that's why eggs were enough to raise my iron level? I didn't mean to imply that eggs will work for everyone so I apologize if that's the way my post came off. If someone is craving red meat or any other iron rich food, I think it's wise to honor the craving.

OP
N

nobody

"Raw milk and raw fruit digests incredible well and provides me with a constant state of energy and inner truth"

For how long, only the future will tell us...
On the other hand, I do not understand why you create this post because you seems fulfilled with your raw milk and fruit diet
I am coming from the standpoint with having zero knowledge of Dr. Peat's clinical opinion. I reached out to him in regard to my post and have not heard back whether these specific foods would provide adequate nourishment according to his research and anecdotal understanding alone. My anticipation was those in this forum who have closely followed his work would have a deeper knowing and could provide a clearer answer.

baccheion

Technically you can live on only milk, eggs, salt, and orange juice (aka, fruits) if consumed in the right ratios.

You can even do just milk if raw (whole milk) or 1.5 ounces/pound 1%. Only need iron and B12 (to truly get what's said to be coming in). A multivitamin like Naturelo's One Daily for women may patch up whole grass milk, but I am not sure.

Barry

Mine was an actual iron deficiency shown via routine blood tests. I don't eat eggs in isolation but even if that weren't the case, animal proteins contain vitamin C/dehydroascorbic acid and combined with fruit, I get plenty of it in my diet so maybe that's why eggs were enough to raise my iron level? I didn't mean to imply that eggs will work for everyone so I apologize if that's the way my post came off. If someone is craving red meat or any other iron rich food, I think it's wise to honor the craving.
Have you read Ray Peat's article on Iron?

Iron's Dangers

FoodForeal

You can add fish,nuts,legumes and rice and take a iron supplement because without meat milk actually cause a deficiency in iron.
Those all suck.

DeadCatBounce

I also gravitate towards a very similar diet based on raw milk and ripe fruit. Gelatin/collagen is a good addition to milk. I also consume Liver twice a week as it makes me feel amazing with some orange juice to make it go down easier(hate the smell). But I get the desire to eat beef muscle meat sometimes , again once or twice a week.

I see and feel what you mean about the inner truth. Do what you fee and think is best for you. If something needs a change you will notice.

baccheion

I also gravitate towards a very similar diet based on raw milk and ripe fruit. Gelatin/collagen is a good addition to milk. I also consume Liver twice a week as it makes me feel amazing with some orange juice to make it go down easier(hate the smell). But I get the desire to eat beef muscle meat sometimes , again once or twice a week.

I see and feel what you mean about the inner truth. Do what you fee and think is best for you. If something needs a change you will notice.
Any before/after hormone labs? How does the approach affect testosterone, etc?

DeadCatBounce

Any before/after hormone labs? How does the approach affect testosterone, etc?
Haven’t made labs last year so cannot tell you any numbers but I’ve always been in perfect health with moderate to high test depending on sleep. Knock on wood. Now incorporating early morning sun on skin and balls + some cold water on balls after the warm bath and prior to
sleep. Will wait a bit more before I check as I really dont find the need to as everything is going well.

But I feel better compared to the zero-carb I was doing since 19yo to 33yo. More energy, more muscle, quicker etc. Not sure about how this will go long term though.

I play sports(football)on a semi pro level and I have more stamina and coordination. Seems musles build quicker due to fruit and the performance is like a 24-26yo player, no injuries. Again knock on wood. Most other players my age have several issues and surgeries already or are loosing steam. Especially the ones who took the covid shots.

dreamcatcher

Once I asked Ray Peat what he thought about vegetarian diets. His reply:

"Using milk and cheese as the basic proteins, the other essential nutrients can all be found from other sources. Mushrooms and eggs are very practical, rich sources of nutrients that are harder to find elsewhere, but not essential if other foods are carefully selected."

I used to be a vegetarian for 20+ years then ate a fruit heavy diet. Around that time my hair and specially eyebrows became lighter (could have been copper deficiency) and developed yellow skin (for years).

Only after replacing fruits for a few months with starches (potatoes, rice) and reducing my overall fat intake, could I regain my healthy skin colour. I think it was caused by NAFLD.

I wasn't aware fructose compete with copper @Fenrir67

dreamcatcher

I am coming from the standpoint with having zero knowledge of Dr. Peat's clinical opinion. I reached out to him in regard to my post and have not heard back whether these specific foods would provide adequate nourishment according to his research and anecdotal understanding alone. My anticipation was those in this forum who have closely followed his work would have a deeper knowing and could provide a clearer answer.
It's best to compose a rather short email with one question at a time to receive a reply from Ray Peat. That's my experience over the years - now having 200+ email exchanges.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom