I Think 5 Liters Of Milk A Day Gives Me Diarrhea, But I Don’t Know What Else To Eat

redsun

Looks like it provides B vitamins but not A,C, K, D, A. Maybe half the minerals which looks pretty good

Liver is still the best source of all fat solubles A, D, E, K if you are worried about that. Most here dont fret about vitamin A anymore and many avoid it altogether now because of Grant Generoux. Theres a vitamin A megathread about it.

Lynne

I’m having a bit of a (mental) crisis. I need quite a lot of calories (at least 3000) to maintain my weight. However, I want to keep my PUFA very low, preferrably under 2 grams. So I drink about 5-6 liters of skim milk a day, and fill the remaining calories with rice, potatoes and a bit of fruit.

Lately however, my stool has been very liquidy and I have to go like 5 times a day. I think milk may be part of the culprit (I was also on a week-course of antibiotics when the problems got worse). I don’t know if it’s the lactose, whey, casein, or simply the amount of liquid.

Anyway, I want to cut back to 2 liters for a few days to see if things change. But I don’t know how to get all those calories without getting large amounts of pufa. I could add even more rice and potatoes and some fruit, but that’s about all I can think of.

Iirc you were drinking 2-3 liters a while back? Are you sure, it isn't just the sudden increase of lactose so your gut can't produce enough lactase and needs time to adjust? Why not try a small amount of lactase drops or capsules and slowly reduce the amount.

I have just discovered this problem which for me is much worse with reduced fat or skim milks than with whole milk. I get loose stool with onlly a small amount of any type of reduced fat milk (~150-200ml+), whereas I can drink around 1-1.5 lt of whole milk before the problem occurs. I suspect its something to do with the lactose but more FODMAP intolerance related than typical lactose intolerance since there's not a lot of difference in the amount of lactose in these milks, and actually a bit less in skim, and that perhaps the fat in whole milk is protective/buffering during digestion. I'll soon test a lactose free skim milk (has lactase added) and report back when done.

Lynne

You make it sound so complicated haha. I now have 6 variables: liquid, fat, casein, whey, lactose, and tryptophan. It’s gonna take a while to control for all of those.

So I tried lactose free skim milk and didn't get any digestive syptoms, so it seems like it was the lactose causing that, but I noticed more disturbed sleep (?tryptophan) and started to loose weight, which I can't afford to do as I'm very slim. Based on this I'm not going to buy any more milk for the time being.

aquaman

It's exactly what Stan recommends in The Vertical Diet, white rice and lean beef. That is the diet of a bodybuilder who knows how insulin works. Stan has read every single one of Ray's articles. I don't understand the aversion to this woe.

haven't heard of the vertical diet, seems interesting

The vertical diet seems like a bodybuilding diet with a carrot and OJ, and a bit of liver added .. ie way over-simplified, prescriptive Peaty diet. Oh, and store-bought chicken stock.

There are lots of examples of the food buying on the vertical diet Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/BwaOuw0A2h8/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv-fFQhghwo/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnh2Sd8B7IN/

Not sure if they realise that chicken stock has no collagen in it: it’s not gelatinous.

It’s bodybuilding plus 5% peat sprinkles :)

HealingBoy

Oh good God ... 5 liters a day ? Is it at least organic ?
Just 2 glasses make my stomach messed up and starts doing lot of noise.

RisingSun

Anyone noticing any difference in milk digestion if you drink it at room temperature vs straight out of the fridge?

Read a lot of reports stating it's easier on the stomach when had at room temperature

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals