One Eye Bigger Than Other

ilovethesea

I went to the optometrist and she told me one of my eyes was bigger than the other. She even asked me if I had lazy eye as a child (I didn't).

I didn't know it was actually bigger, but I did notice the one eye seems to open wider in photos.

It is the right eye. I don't know if it's related but that's the side of my body where more things are ****88 up, for ex I have a dental implant on that side and one breast used to be more painful, etc etc.

I know Ray has said Graves disease aka hypothyroidism causes bulging eyes, can I assume it causes asymmetry in size as well? My eye doesn't bulge.

I would like to correct this but the only thing I could find Ray said was to take pregnenolone which I already am taking (300-400mg a day). Is there anything else I can do?

I'm a bit scared to go back to the eye doctor now even though I need a prescription update, because I am afraid they will try and tell me I am hyPERthyroid (the accepted cause of Graves). I already have enough trouble getting an Rx for T3 thyroid meds so I don't want to get some addition to my file that the dose needs to be reduced, or have the dr's calling each other about it...

What can I do?

messtafarian

I'm not sure there's much you can do about changing the size of your eyeball. In Graves' it's not the size of your eyeball but the pressure behind it that gives it that look. Is it a pressure thing or literally, the size of your eyeball?

answersfound

When I would smile as a child, I would only smile with the right side of my mouth. Now when I smile, I smile with both sides. I strongly believe that this correction was from implementing Peat's principles. I don't know why you are so adamant about using T3 only. There is nothing wrong with armour, or the many other desiccated thyroid products that are available.

OP
I

ilovethesea

messtafarian said:
post 100496 I'm not sure there's much you can do about changing the size of your eyeball. In Graves' it's not the size of your eyeball but the pressure behind it that gives it that look. Is it a pressure thing or literally, the size of your eyeball?

I don't know, I don't feel anything, I just noticed it in photos after she said that.

Maybe the pressure could cause it to look bigger?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

ilovethesea

answersfound said:
post 100497 When I would smile as a child, I would only smile with the right side of my mouth. Now when I smile, I smile with both sides. I strongly believe that this correction was from implementing Peat's principles. I don't know why you are so adamant about using T3 only. There is nothing wrong with armour, or the many other desiccated thyroid products that are available.

??? You must be talking about someone else, I don't use T3 only. I've always taken some T4, just played with the ratios. The problem with Armour is described in one of the Rainmaking interviews with Ray, but I have personally never taken Armour. I take T3 + Erfa, and before that, Cynoplus.

Not sure what you are getting at regardless - are you saying that T4 supplementation has something to do with correcting asymmetries? If you could clarify your thoughts, I would appreciate it.

messtafarian

ilovethesea said:
messtafarian said:
post 100496 I'm not sure there's much you can do about changing the size of your eyeball. In Graves' it's not the size of your eyeball but the pressure behind it that gives it that look. Is it a pressure thing or literally, the size of your eyeball?

I don't know, I don't feel anything, I just noticed it in photos after she said that.

It seems your optometrist would have phrased it differently if that were the case.

tara

One of my eyes often looks bigger than the other because one eyebrow tends to droop more.

OP
I

ilovethesea

messtafarian said:
post 100611
ilovethesea said:
messtafarian said:

It seems your optometrist would have phrased it differently if that were the case.

I looked at some other photos today from when I was taking Grossman products the past 2 years - the best I ever felt. Well my eyes look totally normal there.

So I think it must be something to do with hypo. I am definitely more hypo now that we can't get Grossman anymore and I had to change/lower my dose. The Rx I get from my doctor is just not cutting it.

Also, I am pretty sure one of my eyebrows is getting a little thinner on the outer tail, which also has me worried. I know that is a low thyroid symptom for sure. But is that caused by high TSH? Or just low thyroid function in general?

OP
I

ilovethesea

Just an update to this. I think the pregnenolone is normalizing my eyes. One eye still seems a bit larger but you would have to really be looking for that to even notice.

Even more interesting... the whites above my pupils used to be visible a lot, definitely in photos and probably real life I assume. That startled "deer in headlights" expression. I think Ray talked about that somewhere, or maybe it's from that book The Thyroid. It's a hypothyroid thing.

Anyway, now that never happens. No white space showing above my pupils at all. If my eyes do open wider, the whites is below my pupils. So I don't have that crazed look anymore :)

I think this is really cool! It was definitely the pregnenolone because I didn't tinker with thyroid much this past year.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals