Vit K2 Interaction, Libido, And Eyes

Dave M

Hi everyone, long time lurker here.

I've found through my experimentation that Vitamin K2 mk-4 has powerful pro libido and androgenic effects for me. I've struggled for a long time with low testosterone, drive, and libido and have found mk-4 to be the single most powerful agent in improving these areas (including clomid). When taking high doses of mk-4, 45mg daily, I have a return of daily morning wood, and even wet dreams which never happen otherwise. Unfortunately, I have one major side effect which is the eye discomfort, new red veins in the whites of my eyes, and dryness. I've done some searching with no luck. Do any of you know of an interaction or process by which mk-4 could be causing these eye issues?

Thanks everyone!

GAF

Take more riboflavin.

Try it. Its harmless. Works for me.

Mossy

I've found through my experimentation that Vitamin K2 mk-4 has powerful pro libido and androgenic effects for me. I've struggled for a long time with low testosterone, drive, and libido and have found mk-4 to be the single most powerful agent in improving these areas (including clomid). When taking high doses of mk-4, 45mg daily, I have a return of daily morning wood, and even wet dreams which never happen otherwise. Unfortunately, I have one major side effect which is the eye discomfort, new red veins in the whites of my eyes, and dryness. I've done some searching with no luck. Do any of you know of an interaction or process by which mk-4 could be causing these eye issues?

Thanks everyone!
Thanks for sharing. Maybe the K2 (mk-4) can cause clotting. If I remember correctly, it's K1 that officially contributes to clotting, but when I take K2 I get what I could describe as blood issues, which would seem to be consistent with clotting. Please note, I am a common Joe/non-scientist. I can add that, for me, lower dose K2 (1mg-5mg) does nothing for, if not hurt, libido. So, maybe it's a dose thing, and of course, an individual thing. As for the dryness, I get this as well, and feel it in the bones. Others on this forum have noted it as the effect of reducing estrogen.

My 2 cents. Hopefully, greater minds will chime in.

tankasnowgod

Thanks everyone!

I have also gotten the morning wood from K2. I do think it can increase testosterone, but think the main way it helps in the first way is through improved circulation. It helps to decalcify soft tissues, including arteries and veins. I have never heard of eye discomfort before, but it could be clearing arteries and veins in the eye, which could at least explain the redness.

Lurker

Which K2 product are you using? I had the dry eyes with the DSMO version of Kuinone but no issues with the SFA/ethanol solvent.

Mossy

Which K2 product are you using? I had the dry eyes with the DSMO version of Kuinone but no issues with the SFA/ethanol solvent.
I'm not certain who you're asking, but just in case, I'm using Thorne K2.

OP
D

Dave M

I get the same effects from Thorne k2, haidut's kuinone, and Life Extension super K. I haven't fully tested this, but I feel the eye side effects are diminished with Vitamin A and D. I've tried riboflavin already after reading about deficiencies causing similar eye issues, but no real success there.

baccheion

I'd say take with vitamin D and magnesium. Eye inflammation may suggest a need for riboflavin and/or vitamin A.

Mossy

I get the same effects from Thorne k2, haidut's kuinone, and Life Extension super K. I haven't fully tested this, but I feel the eye side effects are diminished with Vitamin A and D. I've tried riboflavin already after reading about deficiencies causing similar eye issues, but no real success there.
I'd say take with vitamin D and magnesium. Eye inflammation may suggest a need for riboflavin and/or vitamin A.
Vitamin A makes the dryness worse for me and is so bad it's simply unusable for me. I do take vitamin D with K2, and am currently taking the majority of both topically. I think I could say that vitamin D lessens the dryness.

Calcium may play a role as well. Whether one needs to increase or decrease could be something to test for each individual.

I don't have much success with magnesium (don't feel well on it), but I know I need more, and this may be the key to the balance. I'd like to try Haidut's magnesium next.

P.S. I do remember a few years back, I took a magnesium that was the best to date for me, which is Swanson's Premium Magnesium Orotate. Though, I would like to try Haidut's first, or a glycinate version.

gabys225

This a fascinating. I've been taking K2 and getting eyes that are deeply itchy; Which is a shame because every other benefit is a god send and exactly as described. I've been using eye drops for a few days and after reading this thread I realized sodium thiosulfate may help with calcification issues, so I've added it in to see if it can tame my itchy eyes.

It'll also really give credence to the calcification idea so I think it's a neat experiment.

BigChad

I'm not certain who you're asking, but just in case, I'm using Thorne K2.

If you are using the thorne 3-k capsules of vitamin K you may want to reconsider; just one of those capsules has 15mg of silicon which seems far too high. 5mg mixed tocopherols as well which should be fine

Mossy

If you are using the thorne 3-k capsules of vitamin K you may want to reconsider; just one of those capsules has 15mg of silicon which seems far too high. 5mg mixed tocopherols as well which should be fine
I was not aware that they had capsules. I was using the liquid, with a dropper.

BigChad

I was not aware that they had capsules. I was using the liquid, with a dropper.

That should be better although I saw reviews mentioning they've messed with the dropper and it doesn't work right now. The capsules contain 1mg K1, 5mg MK4, and 90mcg MK7. All is geraniol sourced I believe so no soy, sunflower etc. They have 15mg silicon in the capsules, literally just to fill the capsule up which seems like nonsense. They could use a smaller capsule, or just leave some of the capsule empty. Even centrum multivitamins only have 2mg silicon. The thorne 3-K seemed to give me a breakout each time I took it, I'm assuming the silicon cuz I've taken higher doses of all the Ks in other products and not gotten any sort of acne.

Mossy

That should be better although I saw reviews mentioning they've messed with the dropper and it doesn't work right now. The capsules contain 1mg K1, 5mg MK4, and 90mcg MK7. All is geraniol sourced I believe so no soy, sunflower etc. They have 15mg silicon in the capsules, literally just to fill the capsule up which seems like nonsense. They could use a smaller capsule, or just leave some of the capsule empty. Even centrum multivitamins only have 2mg silicon. The thorne 3-K seemed to give me a breakout each time I took it, I'm assuming the silicon cuz I've taken higher doses of all the Ks in other products and not gotten any sort of acne.
Interesting. I know pro-androgen (if I’m labeling those accurately) supplements can make me break out. As for MK7, I can’t even take it—it gives me heart palpitations. So, I’ll have to steer clear of those capsules.

baccheion

Interesting. I know pro-androgen (if I’m labeling those accurately) supplements can make me break out. As for MK7, I can’t even take it—it gives me heart palpitations. So, I’ll have to steer clear of those capsules.
Does this occur with sufficient vitamin A, thyroid/T3, magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin Bs/B5, vitamin K2, vitamin D3, etc? They all seem to go together and there tends to be an absence of typical androgen-related symptoms when sufficient.

Mossy

Does this occur with sufficient vitamin A, thyroid/T3, magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin Bs/B5, vitamin K2, vitamin D3, etc? They all seem to go together and there tends to be an absence of typical androgen-related symptoms when sufficient.
My problem is that I can never get the balance right on all those supplements, to be able to take them for any extended period of time. I’ve never taken thyroid/T3, but have tried many times to get the balance right with all the others, which always end in side effects. I’ve stopped taking all supplements. I am pondering K2, pregnenlone, and DHEA, per this thread.

BigChad

My problem is that I can never get the balance right on all those supplements, to be able to take them for any extended period of time. I’ve never taken thyroid/T3, but have tried many times to get the balance right with all the others, which always end in side effects. I’ve stopped taking all supplements. I am pondering K2, pregnenlone, and DHEA, per this thread.

what diet?

Mossy

what diet?
The last two years my diet has been very Peaty: milk, cottage cheese, orange juice, seafood, beef, liver, potato, salt, sugar, and carrot salad. With a little cheating. Some bread had been introduced in the last 6 months.

OP
D

Dave M

Thanks everyone!

I just wanted to follow up on this thread. I struggled with dry and red eyes for about 9 months last year. Totally abstaining from vitamin K fixed my eyes gradually. Every time I reintroduced k2 in the form of Super K, kuinone, or thorne mk-4 my eyes dried up. I tried balancing with other fat solubles with no effect. However, after allowing my eyes to recover I introduced Jarrow mk-7 and have had no eye issues. I've been taking it for a month and have had huge increases in libido, drive, and other androgenic indicators.

baccheion

I just wanted to follow up on this thread. I struggled with dry and red eyes for about 9 months last year. Totally abstaining from vitamin K fixed my eyes gradually. Every time I reintroduced k2 in the form of Super K, kuinone, or thorne mk-4 my eyes dried up. I tried balancing with other fat solubles with no effect. However, after allowing my eyes to recover I introduced Jarrow mk-7 and have had no eye issues. I've been taking it for a month and have had huge increases in libido, drive, and other androgenic indicators.
Dry hard eye balls can be due to low vitamin A or low vitamin E.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals