Extreme stressful situations

4peatssake

Dean said:
4peatssake said:
Dean said:
As long as humans continue to equate acknowledging reality with giving up, we will move faster and faster to our own extinction. There is a certain amount of liberation and empowerment that comes from acknowledging the reality of your situation, including-- and especially-- the hopelessness of it. Not an original thought on my part; Tolle, for one, has said as much. (Nor am I nominating anyone as a potential pied-piper, guru, or "God told me to tell you" filter for anyone, most particularly--myself.)
Well I daresay OP's situation isn't hopeless.
He asked for ways to reduce stress at work.

So how we got to worldwide denial of reality and humanity's extinction is beyond me. :lol:

LOL...yeah, sorry. Let's keep everything neatly in their respective compartments. Deniable plausibility is a godsend... and our saving grace.
:lol:

OP
N

Nstocks

So I woke up feeling blocked and allergic as usual :(. Eyes are always drowsy and not particularly white in colour. I've been looking at taking aspirin but reading more about it, it may not be the best way to go. (and I don't feel comfortable taking it daily).

Out on whim here, is there a blood test that I could pay for to test histamine levels? Or would a thyroid test be better? Either could be contributing to my problems and I'm almost out of Cynoplus so perhaps tests would help determine if my thyroid is getting better?

Makrosky

For almost a year right after moving to a new apartment I was waking up with blood shot eyes abd feeling very unrested.

I changed bed position to the other side of the house a few months ago and that disappeared.

I suspect there might have been a geopathic stress or strong EMF there.

Or maybe it was just coincidence.

OP
N

Nstocks

Location isn't causing it - I moved to the upstairs room last year and still have the same problem. I've had tired eyes for years. It was worse with Paleo diet.

Makrosky said:
Such_Saturation said:
https://moldymovie.com/index

Is this a real possibility or are you being ironic?

I watched it, I mean the concept makes sense I don't see why not.

Makrosky said:
Such_Saturation said:
Makrosky said:
Such_Saturation said:

:thumbup:

Beware of the stuff they try to sell you after that though :mrgreen:

InChristAlone

I think mold is definitely bad news. We dealt with a leak behind our wall last week, after we opened up the wall took out some of the worst pieces, a couple days later I had an anxiety attack during the night... hadn't had one in months, then after I was cleaning up some more of it I had bad anxiety, and still dealing with some days later. Also, my allergies this spring were so bad, worst I've ever experienced.

tara

Such_Saturation said:
Makrosky said:
Such_Saturation said:
Makrosky said:
Such_Saturation said:

:thumbup:

Beware of the stuff they try to sell you after that though :mrgreen:

Mould is one of the few things I'll use chlorine bleach for. Followed by good ventilation.

OP
N

Nstocks

So I'm helping my Brother to install kitchens today. I'm in the van dripping with sweat whilst my feet are frozen, feeling like I haven't slept in days with my stomach expanding my the hour.

My temp this morning was 35.7. I'm getting at least 2700 calories but I feel terrible over 1500? Milk is not working for me so I've switched to yogurt and tropical juices.

I feel like crying right now and hate my body. This is not normal and I'm getting beyond the point of being able to cope with it. I feel like taking out a credit card to get private help :(

tara

Sorry you're having such a rough time.

I recognise the sweating upper body and freezing feet.

Sometimes it seems like crying can help relieve the tension, and allow greater relaxation, and maybe makes it easier for the body to get on with its recovery. But I know you kind of have to pick your time and place, since some people aren't comfortable with it and may increase your stress.

Does holding your breath briefly a few times help? For some people breathing exercises can help get the circulation going better, and warm up feet.

It's possible you need more rest than you are getting, for recovery?

OP
N

Nstocks

Crying does sometimes help, but like you said, the time and place are what make it possible really. I ended up crying on our heated bathroom floor last weekend after a stressful shift and the ending of the film 'American Beauty'...

Breathing doesn't seem to make any difference - this was my first go-to for digestive issues which still bother me. I only find salty/starchy food can get me out of cold extremities but they are usually high PUFA , such as potato chips. Popcorn gives me diarrhea.

Sleep is still a problem. I haven't managed to break the cycle of falling asleep before 2am, which over a long period of time is bad for recovery. I've purchased a sleep eye mask to block out all light but the sound of birds in the early hours really gets to me. Perhaps earplugs will help but they usually fall out. I've tried herbal remedies like Kalms with no effect :(

tara

Nstocks said:
I only find salty/starchy food can get me out of cold extremities but they are usually PUFA garden, such as potato chips.

If salty starchy foods help, then maybe you could make your own with a bit of saturated fat?

Trouble is, other than sandwiches made from grains, which have their own downsides, the more easily digested starches tend to taste better hot. If you have a microwave available, you can prepare in advance.

I learned long ago that fish and chips was one of the best preventives for motion sickness. A big dose of starch, salt, and saturated fat. Back then most of the fish and chips shops used beef fat. Some of them still do.

Homemade potato chips cooked in butter or coconut oil, with lots of salt. Mmmm.

I know there can be issues with starch, but is there a chance it would do you more good than harm at this stage?

OP
N

Nstocks

I tried making sweet potato and coconut oil chips last week but they didn't work out so good.

For a denser source of calories, carbs, fat and protein I considered making flapjacks (British version :) ) but oats aren't easy to digest unless cooked well and I know that I don't digest them well without cooking them. I could eat them cooked like porridge, but they take too long for a quick fix that something like chips or flapjacks would give.

Ugh, more painful jawline acne this week. I'm going to find a way to eat liver frequently, probably raw frozen for convenience. I might experiment with Niacinamide orally too... I broke down in tears again today, even now whilst writing this post. Partly from my skin but also because I feel like I haven't progressed or got better within 2 years of trying various Peat adaptations.

OP
N

Nstocks

I bought some liver today - traveled to a up market supermarket to get good quality. It's only 500g, so would I be better cutting it up and having it once a week for 3 weeks (like a snack), or cut it into around 50 pill sizes pieces and swallow it raw, frozen, daily?

I also found a nice cheese to make salty snacks! http://www.dinner-mom.com/parmesan-cheese-crisps/

My trip was planned for A2 milk but they sold out so I'll look online.

OP
N

Nstocks

I'm really getting stressed about about my skin, I'm waking up with more acne and the scars are going to take months to go away.

What's worse is that for the past 7 years I have had acne in the exact same locations (just imagine the scarring): All along my jawline which is according to many sources, a sign of hormonal imbalances, although technically all acne is hormonal.

I don't do anything to my skin anymore so it's not a topical irritant that is causing it and I've known for a long time that is is caused by an internal cause. Although, I did have around 5 months clear skin when I was using a high-end snail cream, but eventually I broke out again and at £60 every 8 weeks, it wasn't sustainable to buy. I'm going to start using the near-infra red lamp but again, that's not the source of a solution.

I feel like getting some (hormonal?) test done but that's just to get some kinda of closure, when I know it could be any number of things. Maybe a pinch of flowers of sulphur could help?

jyb

When you wake up in the morning of a non-work day, do you feel satisfied or do you feel stressed with an urge to go to the kitchen? When I had persistent painful acne, it was usually in the morning I noticed the first signs.

OP
N

Nstocks

jyb said:
When you wake up in the morning of a non-work day, do you feel satisfied or do you feel stressed with an urge to go to the kitchen? When I had persistent painful acne, it was usually in the morning I noticed the first signs.

Sometimes, throughout the day I can feel spots coming on, then within a few hours they appear either as a pustule or just a big red spot, other than those really deep cysts that are just painful but not visible really.

It's been a long time since I've woken up and not wondered how my skin looks. That sounds like it controls my life which it use to and I'm more forgiving now? It just bothers me so much.

I can tell my sleep wasn't so good the night before because my skin looks pale and 'empty'. It's rare I get a good night sleep anyway... I also find that if I go too long without food, that usually triggers some breakout, again along my jawline.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals