Eyes, Posture And Back/neck Pain

I've been consulting with some very interesting practitioners. As you may recall, I've been suffering debilitating headaches on my left temple area for many many years. I have tried many modalities.

Since I started to eat a more Peat way, it hasn't gone away but the headache severity is such that aspirin will generally make it tolerable. Before it required ibuprofen and even then sometimes it was awful.

But now I've been seeing what is called a postural restoration physical therapist. She gave me some very interesting exercises and I'm not sure that they are working yet. But what I wanted to talk about is relationship between neck and back and body pain, and eyes.

(One of the things that is cool about the people I am working with is that there is a dentist in an optometrist involved and they are both super smart in these areas. So in this I want to talk about how when you put on glasses, your actual range of motion instantly changes.)

I wouldn't have believed it but it's been proven to me very clearly.

So now I have classes on order that will be used for distance, for the computer, and for reading books and kindles and iPads.

Yes, three glasses and I'm even getting a fourth pair which are called therapy glasses -- these can work short term hopefully to stop my headaches from happening.

Or when I feel like I'm getting a headache.

One of the problems that I have is an extreme difference between my right and left eye. One eye focuses very far while the other focuses very close -- and they never work together. I am always one eyed.

Also, I have a thing where each I see something is higher or lower than the other. Vertical differences.

Somehow the brain puts all this together and I don't see things on top of other things. So that I don't notice the vertical differences.

But now that I'm aware of it is obviously a big issue.

And I'm wondering how many people here have issues like this that they never find.

If you are interested in this you might want to find out if you have a developmental optometrist around. I think that this might have been discussed in the Doidge books.

I'll let you know how things are going when I get the glasses. Meanwhile I just want to emphasize again that your glasses determine your posture and everything.

If you have problems like I have with headaches that are caused by an issue in my neck, rather than fix the neck it may just be a matter of glasses. Strangely enough.

OP
ecstatichamster
a few months later and I can report headaches VASTLY diminished in frequency.

I went to this developmental optometrist and found out that probably since I was little, one eye focuses far, one near. No eye doctor ever put this together for me.

I was always seeing out of one eye. And my body developed compensations for that, including a torsioning that probably impinged on nerves in the brachial area.

Now, I have various glasses that I wear in different situations that get the eyes BOTH working.

And there is a striking improvement. Perfect? No not yet. But much, much better.

Makrosky

The glasses.... you mean the glasses graduation or the frame ? This is really interesting.

Beastmode

a few months later and I can report headaches VASTLY diminished in frequency.

I went to this developmental optometrist and found out that probably since I was little, one eye focuses far, one near. No eye doctor ever put this together for me.

I was always seeing out of one eye. And my body developed compensations for that, including a torsioning that probably impinged on nerves in the brachial area.

Now, I have various glasses that I wear in different situations that get the eyes BOTH working.

And there is a striking improvement. Perfect? No not yet. But much, much better.

In my former life I trained in all the PRI courses, including the inaugural vision training course. Very useful stuff.

The upside to their philosophy is that it integrates modalities outside the "traditional" physical therapy scope (i.e- dentistry, optometry, etc.)

If you notice that eventually you start getting recommended to wear a mouth guard, orthotics, blowing up balloons all day, etc if you hit a "plateau" with results, consider Functional Neurology (recommended this in another post (dyspraxia one) because I noticed it really helps paint a broader picture on what's driving the system in the wrong direction and right one.

OP
ecstatichamster
thanks @BEASTMODE

I'm just not doing the exercises, only the glasses at this point. I found they are paying off but not really at a point where the exercises appeal to me.

Beastmode

thanks @BEASTMODE

I'm just not doing the exercises, only the glasses at this point. I found they are paying off but not really at a point where the exercises appeal to me.

Cool! Hope it works out for you. I was one of the early guinia pigs in Ron Hruska and Heidi Weiss's "combo" treatment approach. I imagine they've improved the efficacy of it by this point.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals