Silent Reflux, Blurry Vision, Slow Metabolism. Histamine Or Something Else?

revenant

My issues:

- Occasional blurry vision and dry eyes (some days I see just fine)
- Discoid eczema on left arm near the elbow (this appeared a few weeks ago)
- Silent reflux
- Slow metabolism
- Low energy

Maybe these have different underlying reasons, or maybe they're somehow connected. I would like to hear other people's input on what might cause it and what might fix it. Things I've noticed sometimes make things worse:

- Ice cream
- Strong alcohol
- White wine

I thought my silent reflux was already gone after last summer, but late this spring it's started to make a comeback, which makes me think it might be histamine/allergy related also (I'm allergic to something in the spring definitely, itchy eyes and sneezing). Usually alcohol doesn't give me problems (except white wine nowadays), but yesterday the eczema flared up pretty bad after just one drink of gin. I was actually itchy all over for about 30 minutes. It also gives me a blurry vision in one eye.

Things I've tried:

- Baking soda daily (helps with the silent reflux at least, not sure about other symptoms)
- Eating a carrot daily (haven't noticed an effect)
- 500 mg of aspirin daily (raises my temps)
- 100 mg of niacinamide daily (maybe raises my temps)
- Vitamin E complex
- Vitamin K2

After starting the aspirin I've noticed some bruises appear seemingly from nowhere, which makes me think the aspirin and vitamin E (and maybe niacinamide?) have a blood thinning effect which could explain it. Maybe 500 mg is too much?

And then there's the usual fatique and probably issues with serotonin and estrogen and maybe thyroid, but I haven't measured them. Also thyroid supplements are prescription only here so those are unavailable to me.

Any suggestions?

Dave Clark

First thing I think of is maybe SIBO from bacterial or fungal infection. You are definitely having allergy symptoms, but the question is why, and it could be from food sensitivities caused by systemic infection, leaky gut, etc. There are many things you can do to see what helps, ranging from diet change to taking some anti-microbial supplements, to detoxing, etc. Do you have any dental amalgams, if so, you have mercury toxicity and that sets the stage for all these problems. Some of the other members here will most likely give some good advice to help you improve or cure your issue.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
R

revenant

First thing I think of is maybe SIBO from bacterial or fungal infection. You are definitely having allergy symptoms, but the question is why, and it could be from food sensitivities caused by systemic infection, leaky gut, etc. There are many things you can do to see what helps, ranging from diet change to taking some anti-microbial supplements, to detoxing, etc. Do you have any dental amalgams, if so, you have mercury toxicity and that sets the stage for all these problems. Some of the other members here will most likely give some good advice to help you improve or cure your issue.

Thanks. No amalgams. What would be a good anti-microbial supplement?

Dave Clark

Thanks. No amalgams. What would be a good anti-microbial supplement?
There are many to try. Oil of oregano is powerful. Others to try: olive leaf extract, neem extract, grapefruit seed exract (GSE, NutriBiotic), colloidal silver, iodine, aloe vera, garlic (fresh or with high allicin content), golden seal (herbs with berberine), pau d'arco, etc., etc. I am sure I missed some, but oil of oregano is a good place to start, as may believe it is the most powerful. Don't overdo it, you want to keep a balance and not throw off your microbiome. When it comes to anti-microbial supplements, people will get varied results. Experiment and do some research to find out what is right for you.

Motif

My issues:

- Occasional blurry vision and dry eyes (some days I see just fine)
- Discoid eczema on left arm near the elbow (this appeared a few weeks ago)
- Silent reflux
- Slow metabolism
- Low energy

Maybe these have different underlying reasons, or maybe they're somehow connected. I would like to hear other people's input on what might cause it and what might fix it. Things I've noticed sometimes make things worse:

- Ice cream
- Strong alcohol
- White wine

I thought my silent reflux was already gone after last summer, but late this spring it's started to make a comeback, which makes me think it might be histamine/allergy related also (I'm allergic to something in the spring definitely, itchy eyes and sneezing). Usually alcohol doesn't give me problems (except white wine nowadays), but yesterday the eczema flared up pretty bad after just one drink of gin. I was actually itchy all over for about 30 minutes. It also gives me a blurry vision in one eye.

Things I've tried:

- Baking soda daily (helps with the silent reflux at least, not sure about other symptoms)
- Eating a carrot daily (haven't noticed an effect)
- 500 mg of aspirin daily (raises my temps)
- 100 mg of niacinamide daily (maybe raises my temps)
- Vitamin E complex
- Vitamin K2

After starting the aspirin I've noticed some bruises appear seemingly from nowhere, which makes me think the aspirin and vitamin E (and maybe niacinamide?) have a blood thinning effect which could explain it. Maybe 500 mg is too much?

And then there's the usual fatique and probably issues with serotonin and estrogen and maybe thyroid, but I haven't measured them. Also thyroid supplements are prescription only here so those are unavailable to me.

Any suggestions?
Hi! Any success meanwhile?
Specially with the reflux ?