Treating flukes

Smelly5

Isn't it strange how your perception can change so quickly. A few months ago I thought anyone who put serious attention to parasites were mostly whacko's.
And yet here I am making this thread to ask the question, does anyone have experience treating flukes?

Attached is one I noticed in my stool after taking a hefty dose of herbal anti-parisitcs followed by Mebendazole and Pyrantel.
Unfortunately it's frozen and the only photo I have, which does make it harder to make out it's characteristics which were more visible not frozen.

I find Mebendazole is very effective at short term removing symptoms, but it's not the right medication to target flukes specifically.
Will be seeking professional advice to obtain the correct medication but curious to know who out there might have a success story.

My biggest concern is that Praziquantel -the most popular fluke treatment, has warnings 'do not take if you have certain worm infections of the eye (ocular cysticercosis)".
The rational is that the drug will interact with parasite cysts in the eye if they exist and release very inflammatory toxins and cause damage to the eye. I do already get bad inflammation in eyes which I believe to be parasite related. It's a feeling as if something is in the eye, vessels that get grossly inflammed, but subside when taking Mebendazole or other anti-parisitics.

On a side note; It's made me realise that low dose anti-parisitics could be a good troubleshooting tool for someone. If the low-dose, low risk (and often over the counter) anti-parisitics make them feel better, it might warrant further investigation.
In the Peaty world, it's highlighted that eg. Ivermectin and Mebendazole have other non-anti-paristic, anti-inflammatory effects. From my experience I believe their anti-parisitic activity is also key.

Big ups rpforum! Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-10-27 23-33-41.png
    Screenshot from 2023-10-27 23-33-41.png
    190.2 KB · Views: 69
Isn't it strange how your perception can change so quickly. A few months ago I thought anyone who put serious attention to parasites were mostly whacko's.
And yet here I am making this thread to ask the question, does anyone have experience treating flukes?

Attached is one I noticed in my stool after taking a hefty dose of herbal anti-parisitcs followed by Mebendazole and Pyrantel.
Unfortunately it's frozen and the only photo I have, which does make it harder to make out it's characteristics which were more visible not frozen.

I find Mebendazole is very effective at short term removing symptoms, but it's not the right medication to target flukes specifically.
Will be seeking professional advice to obtain the correct medication but curious to know who out there might have a success story.

My biggest concern is that Praziquantel -the most popular fluke treatment, has warnings 'do not take if you have certain worm infections of the eye (ocular cysticercosis)".
The rational is that the drug will interact with parasite cysts in the eye if they exist and release very inflammatory toxins and cause damage to the eye. I do already get bad inflammation in eyes which I believe to be parasite related. It's a feeling as if something is in the eye, vessels that get grossly inflammed, but subside when taking Mebendazole or other anti-parisitics.

On a side note; It's made me realise that low dose anti-parisitics could be a good troubleshooting tool for someone. If the low-dose, low risk (and often over the counter) anti-parisitics make them feel better, it might warrant further investigation.
In the Peaty world, it's highlighted that eg. Ivermectin and Mebendazole have other non-anti-paristic, anti-inflammatory effects. From my experience I believe their anti-parisitic activity is also key.

Big ups rpforum! Thanks
MSM is a way to rid parasites from the body. I have been taking it quite a bit over a twenty year period….

“PARASITIC INFECTIONS​

In vitro and in vivo tests suggest that MSM has ameliorating or curing activity against a variety of medically important parasitic, microbial, and fungal problems of the intestinal and urogenital tracts. MSM is active against Giardia lamblia (traveler's diarrhea), Trichomonas vaginalis, Nematodes, Enterobius and other intestinal worms, systemic infections by Histoplasma capsulation, Coccidioides Toxoplasm and other in vitro susceptible organisms. MSM may affect such infection by competing for binding or receptor sites at the mucous membrane surface presenting a blocking interface between host and parasite. MSM appears to augment immunological competence which may also partly explain its effectiveness in treating parasitic infections. “

“Parasite Remedy MSM​

R133,90

Contains: Olive leaf, Artemesia Afra, Clove powder, MSM (methylsulponylmethane) convenient for travelers and sportsmen. Helps with joint erosion from parasites. Helps with large parasites like worms and flukes, protozoa (malaria) and microbes like viruses. This is not an antibiotic and does not harm probiotic gut flora.”

dukesbobby777

What about targeting the liver with coffee enemas? Can anything be added to the enemas to help flush out parasites that may in and around the liver? I'm sure I've seen flukes eliminated from previous flushes that I used to do back in 2018.

Peater

I believe Ray used to say a pinch of flowers of sulphur over 3 days, or a teaspoon in one go, with molasses or honey. I have also used the 100% pine spirits turpentine and sugar method and I'm still here. It was as part of a combination of ideas I was trying as well as TUDCA and taurine, to try and treat or at least diagnose liver/gallbladder issues. I figured that by the time I'd paid for tests that can be inconclusive I might as well just run a course of 'Peaty' stuff.

Anyway, my point is I'm still here and suffered no ill effects.

OP
Smelly5

Smelly5

MSM is a way to rid parasites from the body. I have been taking it quite a bit over a twenty year period….
Appreciate the reply.
Do you have any personal beliefs about what the mechanism is that the MSM is working on to diminish the parasites?
Seems substances like Sulfur containig ones that are able to penetrate systemically would be useful.

MSM is something I'm quite wary of. A family friend who was a naturopath passed away after his stomach ruptured when he took a lot of MSM in an attempt to treat something. I don't know exactly how much he took, but I assume it was a lot. Both my parents and sibblings never continued their MSM supplementation after that. Which made me expect that the benefit it gave them musn't have been worthwhile.
Reminiscant of the story that Ray Peat mentioned on occasions, of a woman who went into an ER and her stomach "exploded". The theory was that it was due to the huge amount of MSM she took.
Obviously everything is toxic at a foolish dose. But demonstrates how it's powerful and there's room for serious error.

Seemed odd to me that Timpone was selling MSM and so many people on his show talked so highly of his product including Dr. Klinghardt who I hear is somewhat of a parasite expert. Yet Ray was never one to advocate for it in the trillion interviews he had. Could it just be because he took a very cautionary approach to things?

Is 'supergoodstuff.com' the source that you use and have good results with?

OP
Smelly5

Smelly5

I believe Ray used to say a pinch of flowers of sulphur over 3 days, or a teaspoon in one go, with molasses or honey. I have also used the 100% pine spirits turpentine and sugar method
Flowers of sulphur always made my right eye act up.
From memory I think I took doses of an 8th to a quarter of a teaspoon for a few days at a time. Never a whole teaspoon.
It always made me feel better, and then my eye would get bad. Red swollen vessels, strained, at it's worst had some minor pain.
I always wanted to try a whole teaspoon but didn't for this reason.

I actually never had any of the problems with my right eye until taking flowers of sulphur and didn't realise until later.
Makes me wonder if it's due to parasitic cyst in the eye dying off and causing inflammation. Atleast one of the main medications for treating flukes doesn't get used if a ocular cysticercosis is diagnosed for this exact reason.
Peat never mentioned any complications at such low doses of sublimed suplhur, other than some short-term nutrient deffiencies.

Did the '100% pine spirits turpentine / sugar' provide you relief in a big way?

Peater

Did the '100% pine spirits turpentine / sugar' provide you relief in a big way?

It's hard to know because liver flukes was just one aspect of possible causes, but it's something I've seen mentioned often when dealing with flukes along with comments saying how it will kill you etc etc. I just mentioned it in case it was something you wanted to try - it didn't kill me.

Appreciate the reply.
Do you have any personal beliefs about what the mechanism is that the MSM is working on to diminish the parasites?
Seems substances like Sulfur containig ones that are able to penetrate systemically would be useful.

MSM is something I'm quite wary of. A family friend who was a naturopath passed away after his stomach ruptured when he took a lot of MSM in an attempt to treat something. I don't know exactly how much he took, but I assume it was a lot. Both my parents and sibblings never continued their MSM supplementation after that. Which made me expect that the benefit it gave them musn't have been worthwhile.
Reminiscant of the story that Ray Peat mentioned on occasions, of a woman who went into an ER and her stomach "exploded". The theory was that it was due to the huge amount of MSM she took.
Obviously everything is toxic at a foolish dose. But demonstrates how it's powerful and there's room for serious error.

Seemed odd to me that Timpone was selling MSM and so many people on his show talked so highly of his product including Dr. Klinghardt who I hear is somewhat of a parasite expert. Yet Ray was never one to advocate for it in the trillion interviews he had. Could it just be because he took a very cautionary approach to things?

Is 'supergoodstuff.com' the source that you use and have good results with?
He never advocated for MSM, saying he didn’t know much about it outside of that story. He said it was the impurities that was his concern, not knowing what the source of it was coming from. I could tell the difference changing brands, when my longtime first brand was no longer sold at Costco. I didn’t take it for a decade because I couldn’t find a clean brand. Another forum member suggested a brand and I have been using it sporadically for 10 months now and am liking it. I don’t take it everyday and I use a modest dose, as more is not better, nothing is. MSM leaves a slipperiness in the intestines making it difficult for parasites to attach themselves. I have recommended it to many friends over the years, and it has helped their pain. I take it for skin and also hoping it keeps parasites far away from me, and I am the healthiest person I know. It is the only supplement I take, besides a very occasional K1 supplement.

liam183

Make sure you're taking charcoal every few days too. This well help remove dead/paralyzed parasites as well as any toxins they may release

tiffanya

Big ups rpforum! Thanks
I've been dealing with flukes. Praziquantel seems effective, although you must take very big doses. I took it for about a month at about 1500 mg 2-4 times a day. Dr. Klinghardt says up 500mg/kg a day have been shown as the effective dose. I can't imagine taking that much. He now uses ozonated myrrh oil with vitamin k2, fig powder, and large doses of melatonin topically. I'm trying that protocol this moon cycle and it seems to be effective as well. I'm just using myrrh capsules from the company Himalaya. I did have some eye issues, on Prazi when the die off was the worst (at about 5 days I got so ill and wanted to give up, eyes were burning and blurry). It did pass and now eyes seem to be improving. I read a lot about Prazi before taking it (I haven't taken any pharmaceuticals in 20 years) and found that most doctors consider it extremely safe. I also have gathered that you must treat flukes first before you can eradicate roundworms.

This website has been very helpful Are Parasite Medications Safe? - Debug Your Health
She says that it took her 2-3 years of parasite rounds to treat her flukes. She saw Simon Yu at first and then developed her own methods. She thinks longer rounds with heavier doses in the beginning are crucial. Liver flushes weekly or monthly as well.

As a side note, I took my kitten to my homeopathic vet last week and asked her about parasite meds. She doesn't use many pharmacuiticals, but finds them safe and more effective for worms. She reccomends praziquantel and pyrantel and reeled about ivermectin being not as safe as people say. She said she has seen horrible reactions in dogs. She said she has seen them go into a coma. I was quite surprised by this since I have taken ivermectin and found it very mild. It did make me question it. I would trust a vet over a doctor any day!

“People usually become infected by eating raw watercress or other water plants contaminated with immature parasite larvae. The young worms move through the intestinal wall, the abdominal cavity, and the liver tissue, into the bile ducts, where they develop into mature adult flukes that produce eggs.”

“Types of Liver fluke

Humans are susceptible to liver flukes from parasites that can damage the liver and bile ducts. Two families of liver flukes, the Opisthorchiidae (which contains the species of Clonorchis and Opisthorchis) and the Fasciolidae (which includes the species of Fasciola), are known to infect people. Geographic distribution, life cycle, and long-term outcomes after clinical infection vary between these two groups of liver flukes.

Opisthorchis infection

Humans are susceptible to liver fluke parasites known as Opisthorchis species by consuming raw or undercooked fish, crabs, or crayfish from Asia and Europe. Individuals with liver flukes have bile duct, gallbladder, and liver infections.

While most infected people do not exhibit symptoms, prolonged infections can cause severe symptoms and deadly illnesses. Infections can linger untreated for 25–30 years, which is how long the parasite can live.

Clonorchis infection

Humans may acquire the liver fluke parasite Clonorchis by consuming raw or undercooked fish, crabs, or crayfish caught in an area where the infection is present.

Individuals with liver flukes have bile duct, gallbladder, and liver infections.

While most infected people do not exhibit any symptoms, prolonged infections can cause severe symptoms and deadly illnesses. Infections can linger untreated for up to 25–30 years, which is how long the parasite can live.

Fasciola infection

The parasite Fasciola hepatica, sometimes known as the common or sheep liver fluke, is the most prevalent cause of fascioliasis.

People typically contract the disease by consuming uncooked watercress or other aquatic plants contaminated with parasite larvae. Both prevention and treatment are available for Fasciola infection.”

LazloC

CellCore foundational protocol has worked amazingly for many patients. Especially powerful supplements in the way they are formulated and available to the body. Especially Para 1 with the other products.

ChemHead

@Smelly5

The drugs you listed don't always work very well in treating flukes. Specifically, they're not very effective at treating liver flukes. You either need to go to a doctor and get a prescription for triclabendazole and take that for a day or two.. or you can acquire some metronidazole and take that at 30 mg/kg for 3 weeks. 1500 mg daily for 3 weeks works well for the average person, but if you're on the bigger side, you may need to stick with 30 mg/kg.

Last edited:

ChemHead

@Smelly5

The drugs you listed don't always work very well in treating flukes. You either need to go to a doctor and get a prescription for triclabendazole and take that for a day or two.. or you can acquire some metronidazole and take that at 25-30 mg/kg for 3 weeks. 1500 mg daily for 3 weeks works well for the average person, but if you're on the bigger side, you may need to stick with 30 mg/kg.
It would also be a good idea to take TUDCA and do liver flushes, as flukes in the liver will cause cholestasis and you want to purge all the backed up sludge in your bile ducts.

frannybananny

I've been dealing with flukes. Praziquantel seems effective, although you must take very big doses. I took it for about a month at about 1500 mg 2-4 times a day. Dr. Klinghardt says up 500mg/kg a day have been shown as the effective dose. I can't imagine taking that much. He now uses ozonated myrrh oil with vitamin k2, fig powder, and large doses of melatonin topically. I'm trying that protocol this moon cycle and it seems to be effective as well. I'm just using myrrh capsules from the company Himalaya. I did have some eye issues, on Prazi when the die off was the worst (at about 5 days I got so ill and wanted to give up, eyes were burning and blurry). It did pass and now eyes seem to be improving. I read a lot about Prazi before taking it (I haven't taken any pharmaceuticals in 20 years) and found that most doctors consider it extremely safe. I also have gathered that you must treat flukes first before you can eradicate roundworms.

This website has been very helpful Are Parasite Medications Safe? - Debug Your Health
She says that it took her 2-3 years of parasite rounds to treat her flukes. She saw Simon Yu at first and then developed her own methods. She thinks longer rounds with heavier doses in the beginning are crucial. Liver flushes weekly or monthly as well.

As a side note, I took my kitten to my homeopathic vet last week and asked her about parasite meds. She doesn't use many pharmacuiticals, but finds them safe and more effective for worms. She reccomends praziquantel and pyrantel and reeled about ivermectin being not as safe as people say. She said she has seen horrible reactions in dogs. She said she has seen them go into a coma. I was quite surprised by this since I have taken ivermectin and found it very mild. It did make me question it. I would trust a vet over a doctor any day!
Hi @tiffanya.... welcome to the forum! and would you mind telling us what dose of Ivermectin you took when you found it "very mild"?

tiffanya

Hi @tiffanya.... welcome to the forum! and would you mind telling us what dose of Ivermectin you took when you found it "very mild"?
Hi Franny
Sorry for the delayed response. I took 12mg 3-4x/day for a month. I was taking it with Fenbendazole and didn't notice too much, but my skin definitely improved.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals