Coronavirus Breakthrough As Scientists Discover A Drug Used To Treat HEAD LICE Can Kill COVID-19 Cel

jack_zen

You can order Ivermectin for horses/other animals.

I wouldn‘t mind as I already consume flowers of sulfur for doves and eggshell powder for dogs :D

but the only products I find are for injection for horses/pigs or tolical drops for birds... those would not be healthy to take oral I guess

SOMO

I wouldn‘t mind as I already consume flowers of sulfur for doves and eggshell powder for dogs :D

but the only products I find are for injection for horses/pigs or tolical drops for birds... those would not be healthy to take oral I guess

They have oral "pastes" where the main ingredient is mineral oil (not ideal) and some artificial apple flavoring.

https://www.amazon.com/Ivermectin-P...d=1&keywords=ivermectin&qid=1586222692&sr=8-2

Not sure if something comparable exists in Germany, but I've used this product before with no ill effects.

jack_zen

jack_zen

SOMO

What do you think the human dosage of this would be though?

Those oral syringes for horses are single-use.
The directions say there is enough ivermectin to treat a 1250 pounds horse.

So 1/10th of that would be enough for a 125 pound human, assuming the effective dosage is the same between species.
They state the effective dose for horses is 91 mcg/lb or 200 mcg/kg.

Unless my math is wrong, I think there is 11.375 grams of Ivermectin in the tube.

Standard dosage for humans is 3mg but can be as high as 15mg, standard dosage of 200mcg/kg is also for humans.
Stromectol (ivermectin) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more

So for someone trying to eradicate Strongyloidiasis you would have to consume more than 1 tube, like 1.5 tubes.
Strongyloidiasis of the Intestinal Tract
15-24 kg: 3 mg PO once
25-35 kg: 6 mg PO once
36-50 kg: 9 mg PO once
51-65 kg: 12 mg PO once
66-79 kg: 15 mg PO once

jack_zen

@jack_zen You should be able to buy it at feed/tackle stores. It's commonly used for farm animals like horses. Here's an example: Ivermectin Paste Equine Wormers | Horse Supplies

In Germany it seems you need a prescription by a vet to buy this ***t

So I really struggle to get this stuff.
Anyone willing to send this stuff over to me for some extra dollars?

or, if anyone knows a indian pharmacy which ships to Germany, write me a PM

thanks

Kyle Bigman

Those oral syringes for horses are single-use.
The directions say there is enough ivermectin to treat a 1250 pounds horse.

So 1/10th of that would be enough for a 125 pound human, assuming the effective dosage is the same between species.
They state the effective dose for horses is 91 mcg/lb or 200 mcg/kg.

Unless my math is wrong, I think there is 11.375 grams of Ivermectin in the tube.

Standard dosage for humans is 3mg but can be as high as 15mg, standard dosage of 200mcg/kg is also for humans.
Stromectol (ivermectin) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more

So for someone trying to eradicate Strongyloidiasis you would have to consume more than 1 tube, like 1.5 tubes.
Strongyloidiasis of the Intestinal Tract
15-24 kg: 3 mg PO once
25-35 kg: 6 mg PO once
36-50 kg: 9 mg PO once
51-65 kg: 12 mg PO once
66-79 kg: 15 mg PO once
are you sure the other stuff in the paste isn't harmful? A little nervous about trying this...

SOMO

are you sure the other stuff in the paste isn't harmful? A little nervous about trying this...

Mineral Oil, Artificial apple flavor and green food dye.
Obviously it's not ideal, but if someone has any of the pathogens/parasites/worms that Ivermectin treats, the benefits outweight the risks.
Mineral oil is used as a laxative, artificial apple flavor and green food dye are used in candy.

Honestly I would just try to get a prescription for Ivermectin pills from a gastroenterologist or dermatologist. It's used to treat some skin infections or demodex or blepharitis.

Kyle Bigman

Mineral Oil, Artificial apple flavor and green food dye.
Obviously it's not ideal, but if someone has any of the pathogens/parasites/worms that Ivermectin treats, the benefits outweight the risks.
Mineral oil is used as a laxative, artificial apple flavor and green food dye are used in candy.

Honestly I would just try to get a prescription for Ivermectin pills from a gastroenterologist or dermatologist. It's used to treat some skin infections or demodex or blepharitis.
Yeah, not sure whether to be honest that I want it for coronavirus or lie and tell my doc I have some skin condition.

SOMO

Yeah, not sure whether to be honest that I want it for coronavirus or lie and tell my doc I have some skin condition.

I think if you say "Blepharitis" or acne, a dermatologist would be willing to prescribe it.

I got my blepharitis diagnosed by an opthamologist, but a dermatologist might have a harder time diagnosing it because they probably don't have the machine that magnifies the eyelids.

Oral Ivermectin in Patients With Refractory Chronic Blepharitis Associated With Demodex Folliculorum | IOVS | ARVO Journals
Oral Ivermectin in Patients With Refractory Chronic Blepharitis Associated With Demodex Folliculorum

Treatment of Demodex Blepharitis With Ivermectin Gel 0.1% Plus Metronidazole 1% - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

Apparently it can also be prescribed for rosacea, as it states in the study fractalpi posted.

Skin absorption isn't strong enough in this case.

Amazigh

Ivermectin can be very hepatoxic. They use it to treat mite infections and dose it only once per week for only like 2-3 weeks at a time.

Zpol

Btw, that is the main mechanism of action of glycine and coincidentally glycine has also been cited as possible treatment in other threads.
Do you remember which other thread mentions this? I'm trying to gather some info on COVID+glycine, or coronavirus+glycine.

There is a clinical trial going on right now.
Glycine Supplement for Severe COVID-19

Patients with severe forms of COVID-19 often develop acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) associated with high levels of proinflammatory cytokines and damage of lungs and other organs. A special feature in these patients is thrombotic events in the micro- and macro-vasculature. Owing to the lack of a specific and efficient treatment against COVID-19, lowering of this "cytokine storm" is a further proposed strategy.

Glycine is the major agonist of glycine receptors (GlyR), which are chloride channels that hyperpolarize cell membranes of inflammatory cells such as macrophages and neutrophils, turning them less sensitive to proinflammatory stimuli. In addition, glycine possesses a cytoprotective effect, improves endothelial function, and diminishes platelet aggregation.

In laboratory animals, in a rat model of endotoxic shock a 5% glycine-rich diet lowers mortality, reduces pulmonary neutrophilic inflammation and hepatic lesions, and avoids elevation of serum TNF-alpha. In animal models of ischemia-reperfusion injury, glycine protects the gut and lungs.

In in vitro studies, glycine diminishes the expression and release of TNF-alpha and IL-6 from adipose tissue, 3T3-L1 cells, and alveolar macrophages, probably through inhibition of phosphorylation of NF-kappaB. Finally, glycine diminishes platelet aggregation.

In human beings, glycine has been used for many years for the management of some ailments. In diabetic patients, oral glycine reduces glycosylated hemoglobin levels and serum TNF-alpha, and in patients with cystic fibrosis glycine improves the clinical and spirometric status, and tend to lower serum TNF-alpha, IL-6 and G-CSF.

Glycine is a white microcrystal powder soluble in water, with a sweet taste and relatively low cost.

This controlled, randomized, two-branches clinical trial will recruit participants of any sex, any age, with COVID-19 confirmed (or awaiting confirmation) by PCR, that are to initiate (or with <48 h of) mechanical ventilation. After obtaining an informed consent, participants will be randomly assigned to two branches: 1) Experimental group, n=41 participants, that along with habitual management for their condition will receive 0.5 g/kg/day glycine divided in four doses every 6 h through nasogastric tube. 2) Control group, n=41 participants that will only receive habitual management. Pregnant women and subjects already participating in another study protocol will be excluded, and those with voluntary discharge or referenced to another institution will be discarded.

Blood samples for measurements of serum cytokines (Bio-Plex Human Cytokine 17-Plex, Bio-Rad) will be obtained at the beginning of the study and every 7 days thereafter.

The major outcome will be mortality. Secondary outcomes will be diminution of number of days under mechanical ventilation and evolution of PaO2/FiO2, proinflammatory and metabolic biomarkers, Sequence Organ Failure Assessment (SOFA), and Acute Physiology and Chronic Health Evaluation II (APACHE II).

Routine test such as arterial blood gases, blood chemistry, blood count, coagulation test, and ECG will also be analyzed by using the weighted average in certain time-periods (probably 7-days periods).

Group comparisons will be carried out by means of Fisher exact/chi-square tests and Student's t-/Mann-Whitney U-tests. Feasibility of multivariate analysis will be evaluated.

I imagine adding aspirin and L-lysine would be even more effective, like 'Asprin i.v.' (LASAG). But from what I've read there's something in the processing of LASAG that makes it more effective than the diy version. I don't know for sure.

Invermectin getting majorly bigged up by the docs in this senate hearing, they say it stops Covid in its tracks in 48 hrs.

If true, what does it mean for what Covid is and how it spreads that it responds to a parasite drug?