I Have Parasites

whit

Artemis
How did your dental appointment go?
Ive heard Peat mention that dental issues have direct link to gut health. I believe he said it was an absess. I've also had a similar occurence. Not sure if parasites are involved but I have a friend that tests that sort of thing and it's a bit frightening how often they are at the root of an issue.
We do a parasite clense from time to time just in case.

OP
artemis

artemis

Artemis How did your dental appointment go?

Hi whit! Thanks for asking. I had the tooth pulled. I had such high hopes that all my blood sugar problems would go away after that, but hopes were dashed again. NOTHING has caused my blood sugar to go down -- not changing my diet, not taking any supplements (and I've tried them all), not getting rid of the parasites, not getting the abscessed tooth pulled, nothing. After living in denial for over a year, and in diabetic ketoacidosis, with sky-high blood sugars and ketones (and wasting away), I finally went on insulin, and that is the ONLY thing that has helped me. The truth is that when I changed over to this way of eating, with the high carbohydrates, and stopped taking estrogen/started progesterone, all at once, it took a few months but I basically broke myself, caused my pancreas to crap out. I still can't believe it, don't know if I will ever believe it. I am now an insulin-dependent diabetic. Type 1 diabetes at 53 years old (no diabetes in my family). To say that this diet/way of eating didn't work for me would be quite an understatement. It sucks, it's not fair, I was just doing what I thought was right. I understood the science behind burning glucose as opposed to fat, and was quite infatuated with Dr. Peat -- I wanted to try it for myself. I wish I wouldn't have. I was fine before, just thought I'd do a little tweaking!

I know you didn't ask for all this, whit, you were just being polite and asking how my dental appointment went! Just venting a little, I guess. Thanks for listening.

Best wishes, this must be unpleasant : (

Thank you for the good wishes, Luibo. It has been quite an unpleasant couple of years. I'm all better now, no sign of parasites, and I'm fine as long as I take my insulin injections. Just trying to keep my chin up and carry on, working on stopping all the looking back/second guessing/self-flagellation. I stop in here from time to time because I really got to like all the people on here.

Awe, I'm so sorry to hear this artemis :(

I know nothing about Type I Diabetes, but I've read it's considered autoimmune (whatever that means) or caused by dairy (some sort of bovine virus, might just be vegan BS tho..I dunno )...who knows?

Did you ever do a full iron panel?

I'm so glad you that still stop by on occasion, but I must admit that if I thought Peat's ideas ruined my health I might not be so congenial.

I really appreciate your openess and honesty. I think it's important to hear LOTS of viewpoints and experiences.

Doesn't take the sting away unfortunately....BIG hugs to you

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm glad you like us @artemis and I'm really glad you're doing better. Sometimes things happen. You made the choices that you felt were best at the time so don't beat yourself up. I've done that myself, made what turned out to be the wrong choice and I had a hard time learning to trust myself again. Like they say, hindsight is always 20/20. At least you live in a time where insulin exists. I know life was brutal for type 1 Diabetics before that came along.

whit

Hi whit! Thanks for asking. I had the tooth pulled. I had such high hopes that all my blood sugar problems would go away after that, but hopes were dashed again. NOTHING has caused my blood sugar to go down -- not changing my diet, not taking any supplements (and I've tried them all), not getting rid of the parasites, not getting the abscessed tooth pulled, nothing. After living in denial for over a year, and in diabetic ketoacidosis, with sky-high blood sugars and ketones (and wasting away), I finally went on insulin, and that is the ONLY thing that has helped me. The truth is that when I changed over to this way of eating, with the high carbohydrates, and stopped taking estrogen/started progesterone, all at once, it took a few months but I basically broke myself, caused my pancreas to crap out. I still can't believe it, don't know if I will ever believe it. I am now an insulin-dependent diabetic. Type 1 diabetes at 53 years old (no diabetes in my family). To say that this diet/way of eating didn't work for me would be quite an understatement. It sucks, it's not fair, I was just doing what I thought was right. I understood the science behind burning glucose as opposed to fat, and was quite infatuated with Dr. Peat -- I wanted to try it for myself. I wish I wouldn't have. I was fine before, just thought I'd do a little tweaking!

I know you didn't ask for all this, whit, you were just being polite and asking how my dental appointment went! Just venting a little, I guess. Thanks for listening.

Thank you for the good wishes, Luibo. It has been quite an unpleasant couple of years. I'm all better now, no sign of parasites, and I'm fine as long as I take my insulin injections. Just trying to keep my chin up and carry on, working on stopping all the looking back/second guessing/self-flagellation. I stop in here from time to time because I really got to like all the people on here.
Venting is good for the soul. You've earned it.
I was really wondering what happened to you because the hope seemed to be right there.
Who knew it was going to be insulin. I'm glad you're doing better now.
Type1 is still a bit of an enigma to me. There are a lot of theories out there.
Either way you still have a community here that supports you on the journey wherever it may lead.
Thank you for sharing it means a lot to us. :grouphug