GI Freeze response feeling

Smelly5

Does anyone have experience with a ‘freeze response’ feeling in their gut? (middle/lower abdommen)

Its momentary (very quick) pain and inability to breath.
I’ve experienced it for years, usually it comes on in during moments of stress.

Something that would exasterbate it would be something very acidic like Coca-cola or black coffee on an empty stomach.
I’ve tried Fomatidine short-term to see what it would do. It helps a lot, but obviously has side effects.

I dont do well with T3 even in very small doses (Cynomel)
Have to be careful with aspirin. Yoghurt tends to be a disaster as well.

Peniciln makes me feel great like an emotional weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.
I’ve responded very well to anti-paristic substances, (ivermectin, flowers of sulfur, oregano oil, wormwood) and all anti-biotics (Penicilin was most noticable, but also tried low dose Clarithromycin, Minociclyn, Doxycicline).

I've done a lot of travelling over the years. I’m convinced I have some kind of pathogen lurking in me.
I wake up feel like something is robbing me of resources, with very dry skin and low stomach acid.
As the day goes on it gets easier, but then I become fatigued again towards the end of the day.

Would be curious to know if anyone can relate to this sensation and knows what I'm talking about, or if it's unique.

mostlylurking

Does anyone have experience with a ‘freeze response’ feeling in their gut? (middle/lower abdommen)

Its momentary (very quick) pain and inability to breath.
I’ve experienced it for years, usually it comes on in during moments of stress.
I think the feeling of having your gut tied in knots when under stress is a fairly common thing. That said, there is a connection between thiamine deficiency and gut disbiosis.

Something that would exasterbate it would be something very acidic like Coca-cola or black coffee on an empty stomach.
High sugar (like coke) and also black coffee each exacerbate a thiamine deficiency.
I’ve tried Fomatidine short-term to see what it would do. It helps a lot, but obviously has side effects.
Please read the article linked above and consider the possibility of a thiamine deficiency causing the problem. Lowering stomach acid (like with Fomatidine) would make you more susceptible to parasite infestation. It is much more common to have low stomach acid which causes gastric distress lower in the GI tract because the food doesn't digest in the low stomach acid and then ferments in the intestine.
Peniciln makes me feel great like an emotional weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.
I’ve responded very well to anti-paristic substances, (ivermectin, flowers of sulfur, oregano oil, wormwood) and all anti-biotics (Penicilin was most noticable, but also tried low dose Clarithromycin, Minociclyn, Doxycicline).
If you have an issue with low stomach acid then you are more likely to develop parasite problems because the low stomach acid doesn't kill them when they're in the stomach.

Many antibiotics block thiamine function and/or cause a thiamine deficiency by killing off the bacteria that manufactures thiamine. Also, there are pesky gut bacteria that use up thiamine so there's none left for you.
I've done a lot of travelling over the years. I’m convinced I have some kind of pathogen lurking in me.
That's possible.
I wake up feel like something is robbing me of resources, with very dry skin and low stomach acid.
As the day goes on it gets easier, but then I become fatigued again towards the end of the day.
Low stomach acid can be caused by thiamine deficiency. (see the above articles)

Very dry skin could be caused by thiamine deficiency too. The skin is an organ. All body organs need thiamine to stay healthy.

OP
Smelly5

Smelly5

@mostlylurking what's your opinion on high dose thiamine potentially creating other deffiencies?
Dr Peat was quite vocal about needing to eat a very, very well-rounded diet to be able take Thiamine.

mostlylurking

@mostlylurking what's your opinion on high dose thiamine potentially creating other deffiencies?
Dr Peat was quite vocal about needing to eat a very, very well-rounded diet to be able take Thiamine.
I chose to take additional supplements with my high dose thiamine hcl. Elliot Overton talks about the possibility of developing other vitamin deficiency issues when high dosing thiamine. However, Dr. Costantini, who treated thousands of Parkinson's Disease patients with high dose thiamine hcl held a much more conservative position about it. You can read about his work on his website.

Very sick people have been helped via high dose thiamine. My own situation has been radically improve by it. Dr. Peat advised me to not take more that 1500mg of thiamine hcl/day, but he did not know about my heavy metal poisoning. I chose to follow Dr. Costantini's protocol and I am very glad that I did because my optimal dose turned out to be 2 grams of thiamine hcl/day. I've had issues with thiamine deficiency all of my life because I have heavy metal poisoning. Heavy metal poisoning uses up the body's available thiamine. Heavy metal poisoning has exactly the same symptoms as thiamine deficiency. Heavy metal poisoning is known to cause Parkinson's Disease. Supplementing high dose thiamine resolved my symptoms of heavy metal poisoning.

Would you please share the link to where Dr. Peat warned about thiamine? I've studied Peat's work and have never seen it. Here's a collection of quotes by Ray Peat about thiamine:

mostlylurking

I do remember now that Ray Peat often said that if you are improving your oxidative metabolism (he focused mainly on thyroid hormone) then it is very important to eat a healthy diet because the improved oxidative metabolism will use up more nutrients. Although thiamine is required for oxidative metabolism and correcting a thiamine deficiency will improve it, I don't remember Peat pointing that out about thiamine although he may well have.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals