Hypothyroid Symptoms But Tests Show Optimal Levels

Nikki

I somewhat understand adrenal fatigue and it's relation to hypothyroidism, but if you've ever been hypothyroid, you can understand how hard it is to remember and focus. I don't know why I am suffering from almost every hypothyroid symptom but all of my thyroid hormones check in the optimal ranges. Is it due to the adrenal fatigue? Is there a simple remedy for this? If you may know what the problem is, please tell me in very basic terms.

It is now "Winter" weather (60's) and I am so cold. If my feet/hands get cold, they hurt and take a long time to warm up if I don't expose them to something warm to warm them from the outside. The other day my right foot stayed numb (while I was walking briskly) for about 45 minutes after leaving the beach where my feet had gotten cold from walking on the "cold" (it wasn't that cold) sand. I had socks and shoes on for 45 minutes and it wasn't til the 25-45 minute span that I noticed more feeling coming back to my foot, very slowly. At about the 45 minute mark, I would say the foot was no longer numb, just uncomfortable. The same happens if I stick my hands under the cold water from the tap for a moment. They will take minutes to warm up to where they aren't uncomfortable. I have to wear gloves when taking things out of the refrigerator, if I don't want to freeze my hands.

I've addressed estrogen dominance, I think. I thought tht might be playing a role in my muscle aches, headaches, moodiness, tiredness. It hasn't seemed to help these yet. I have decreased the frequency and intensity of my cycles by A LOT. This I attribute to Calcium D glucarate (Thorne brand helped me, Jazzee brand did not seem to help me). Now, I just need to get my metabolic hormones in check, but, I'm not sure what to do. I did not do well on armour years ago. It made me feel jumpy and agitated. I have some on hand but didn't think I should supplement if I am producing optimally. There must be something blocking my T3 from working. I would rather address that than supplement and risk reducing my capacity to produce T4.

Has anyone been here? How the heck did you get out of it?

DaveFoster

Exogenous thyroid hormone doesn't suppress endogenous production beyond recovery.

Cold intolerance indicates hypothyroidism. Someone on the forum mentioned that limb numbness indicates a need for thyroid adjustment. Women in particular benefit from synthetic T3 and T4 in a higher ratio of T3:T4 (1:2 or 1:3).

You should post your labs if you refer to labs in your OP.

Read the first couple posts of this thread:

Tingling Sensation - Please Help

Last edited:
OP
N

Nikki

Exogenous thyroid hormone doesn't suppress endogenous production beyond recovery.

Cold intolerance indicates hypothyroidism. Someone on the forum mentioned that limb numbness indicates a need for thyroid adjustment. Women in particular benefit from synthetic T3 and T4 in a higher ratio of T3:T4 (1:2 or 1:3).

You should post your labs if you refer to labs in your OP.

Read the first couple posts of this thread:

Tingling Sensation - Please Help

Thanks! I don't have a copy of my labs but I can ask the naturopath for them and hope they can email them to me. Will post when I get them. Thanks again. I was afraid to try any T4/T3 supplements due to way armour reved me up, but I likely should. Is there a brand which already has this ratio and is synthetic truly superior? I though RP was into natural, dessicated as the supreme form.

I can't wait to feel better so I will give this a shot again. I just need some help finding it if you have a source.

TY TY TY!

Peatful

Hi Nikki.
Let us know what your temperature is ~20 minutes after breakfast. That's helpful data.

I was your extreme estrogen dominance low thyroid girl.
I didn't know anything at the beginning of my journey, except that something was clearly off within me.
It took years for my labs to reflect my intuition.
All this to say.... Trust your gut.

DaveFoster

Thanks! I don't have a copy of my labs but I can ask the naturopath for them and hope they can email them to me. Will post when I get them. Thanks again. I was afraid to try any T4/T3 supplements due to way armour reved me up, but I likely should. Is there a brand which already has this ratio and is synthetic truly superior? I though RP was into natural, dessicated as the supreme form.

I can't wait to feel better so I will give this a shot again. I just need some help finding it if you have a source.

TY TY TY!
According to Dr. Peat: actual thyroid from the animal > synthetic T3+T4 > NDT

Idea Labs DC has TyroMix, which may be taken orally in juice or water, but it's not endorsed for oral use, it's a 1:2 T3:T4 ratio.

I've used this to acclimate to thyroid without adrenaline symptoms: Foster’s Thyroid Protocol

OP
N

Nikki

According to Dr. Peat: actual thyroid from the animal > synthetic T3+T4 > NDT

Idea Labs DC has TyroMix, which may be taken orally in juice or water, but it's not endorsed for oral use, it's a 1:2 T3:T4 ratio.

I've used this to acclimate to thyroid without adrenaline symptoms: Foster’s Thyroid Protocol

I am confused. Your protocol says nothing of when, how, or how much to administer/ingest. I can't understand the intention behind the instructions.

It says "With each additional drop of the original solution into the diluted solution, the dose per drop of the diluted solution increases by 0.0025 mcg T3 and 0.005 mcg T4." . Wouldn't the new concentration be dependent on the amount of remaining solution?

Please clarify when you have time. Thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals