I Have Parasites

artemis

As some of you know, I've been fighting a sudden issue with my blood glucose for awhile now, since April-May of this year. It just came out of the blue.

I have tried everything suggested on this forum as far as supplements: high-dose aspirin, high-dose biotin as well as other B vitamins, etc., and had absolutely no change from any of it. I enlisted the help of a naturopathic doctor, followed her plan for 6 weeks, still no change. She had me get 2 supplements that she assured me would work, and they have had no effect either. Absolutely nothing I try makes any difference. She contacted me last week and said that she went back to the drawing board with my case, and after looking over my bloodwork again, as well as my logs from the 6 weeks, as well as some recurring symptoms I've been dealing with, she thought it highly likely that I have parasites. :shock:
I was shocked, and very skeptical, at first. She recommended a 60-day cleanse thing, but while I decided whether to order it or not, I thought it would be a good time to go ahead and try some natural things I have on hand and have been meaning to try, just to say I tried them.

For the past 5 or 6 days I've been taking DE (diatomaceous earth), raw garlic, and oils of oregano and clove. Well, yesterday and today I have been passing 2 different types of parasites. I know, it's unspeakably horrible. But I'm putting it out here because this is what we do, right? Yesterday I passed several small white threadlike roundworms, about an inch long. That was bad enough. Then it got much worse. Today I'm passing what I now know are "flukes" of some sort. Also about an inch long, but flat and slightly curved, looks like a piece of a mushroom cap (but they're not mushrooms). They're not pieces of tapeworm, either. I have yet to find a whole one intact -- they're in pieces, but there are enough pieces (around 20), and some are almost intact, that I'm sure of what they are, after much internet searching. They are definitely flukes. They are all dead, nothing alive. Supposedly the way the DE works is by slicing them up, and I guess that's what it's doing. I just hope it's not slicing up my insides too much!

There are some who say that diabetes is actually caused by a "pancreatic fluke." I'm wondering if all this may indeed have been caused by these things?! It could explain my high cortisol and adrenaline spikes, and my inability to gain weight, and recent lack of muscle tone, etc. The naturopath says that parasites are a "24-hour stressor on the body."

In a way, I'm kind of relieved, because if that's what caused it, at least I have an answer and can do something about it, and get on with my life.

I have some albendazole in a liquid suspension ("Valbazen") that I got to deworm my chickens (it's actually labeled for cows and goats). I've been doing some looking, and it is safe for humans. I think I'm going to sock it to them with that, just to make sure I really get them, and then use my natural stuff as preventive.

And I don't think I'll ever again eat sushi, or rare beef :cry:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
[ref]artemis[/ref], thank you for the update and please keep us updated on your progress.

Ray Peat said flowers of sulfur would kill parasites.

viewtopic.php?p=8350#p8350

tara

HI Artemis,
I can imagine that parasites could cause trouble, so it sounds good that you are dealing to them.

DE probably is a bit rough on the gut lining, but if it was in good shape to begin with, it might be worth that risk to kick the parasites out.
I can't see how diatomaceous earth would be able to get at pancreatic flukes, though? Have you seen reports saying it can? I thought it only got to parasites in the GI tract itself?

I did humaworm a coule of years ago - slow treatment supposed to be systemic. I don't know if I had parasites or not, and I can't tell if it helped me. Some of the herbs in their mix are probably more anti- than pro-metabolic, but again, if it actually deals to problematic parasites, maybe it would be worth it.

Peat's suggestion of FoS seems worth a try. If it were me, I'd be checking UpH a few times first just to check that it's not too acidic to begin with - I would expect the sulphur to have an acidifying effect in the system.

OP
artemis

artemis

I tried the flowers of sulfur a couple of times, for a few days each time. Didn't notice anything.

Yeah, I don't imagine it's the DE getting to them if they were in the pancreas. But I guess it's possible that the oils are absorbed throughout the body? I'm taking a couple drops of each in a capsule a few times a day, and also rubbing a few drops on skin. Maybe they're not in the pancreas but are in the liver, or the intestine, where they would still be able to set off a cascade of bad things.

Also, during my research I came across some sound recordings on youtube that are supposed to get to them! Of course, you can buy some sort of "zapper" that zaps them with an electrical current that they REALLY don't like, and supposedly causes them to vacate, but the next best thing is to listen to those frequencies, really loud with earbuds! I have actually been doing that a few times per day. There's different ones for different types of parasites. It's definitely bizarre -- maybe I'm losing it here! -- but maybe that is helping too. I don't know, I'm throwing everything at them!
About to take my first dose of albendazole.
Cheers! :cheers

D

DavidMarinho

Wow! Sounds like you should be feeling a lot better soon. I work with rescue animals and often worry about parasites. I've read several places that a combo of black walnut, wormwood and cloves is the best. I have a product from Now I use, with all three, but I'll definitely consider DE and oil of oregano for the future. Thanks for sharing and good luck!

HLP

You could also try some Berberine and Aloe Ferox.

Sheila

Thank you Artemis for sharing your findings. I had a farming friend with liver fluke, exactly what you describe, there is a picture and write up here http://www.liverdoctor.com/liver-problems/liver-fluke/ She also had white round worms to start with too, then the flukes came out using, IIRC high dose combantrin (= https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mebendazole). Her Dr, finding no fluke in her stool, wouldn't give her the other meds, but the pharmacists thought mebendazole had some activity and it seemed to. She still has gallbladder issues, thanks to your post, I wonder now if she did not get them all. Very very hypothyroid, that didn't help. FoS did nix. I am thinking that perhaps taurine and anti-wormer of choice might work even better.

DE is basically silica and does indeed slice up and dehydrate soft critters. In the old days silica (also as the homeopathic silicea 6x) was given to expel foreign objects from the body. Having looked into this and used it, before I knew better, it definitely kicks the body into higher gear (irritation anyone?) for a short period of time and will resolve ingrowing toenails, buried foreign objects, and current foreign objects (splinters) quite quickly, within days or a few weeks max. People will swear their nails go better on it, but I think it's more the irritation to regeneration and the effect does not last. It reminds me of the rapid growth that can also be seen with arsenic or chemo in some people. It will also cause problems with bone pins, or any other artificial implant, so hope you don't have any.

I have also used the 'zapper' and you can get some nasty burns from those things, some people are very sensitive to them, especially on sweaty skin. But the old farmers used to say 'one jolt from an electric fence' cured worms (if you don't die of cardiac failure from the shock, some of these fences are quite a kick) so there maybe something in the weaker electric pulse of the zapper. At least you will get some copper from the copper pennies usually used, and copper is anti-helminthic.

I have often thought, people who like the smell of wormwood might need it, see if you can find it growing (there are many varieties).
But sounds like you are on the right track and these critters have been round a long while. Did you have any liver function tests, or gallbladder tests? It would be interesting to know if anything showed. My friend only has mildly elevated bilirubin and mild yellow patches in her eyes so we think more likely gallbladder than liver per se. It's probably possible to have fluke and no show on LFT until the problem is serious. I just don't know. Haidut's research on cirrhosis and other liver diseases might also point to ways to help your liver cope.

Please keep us posted and, of course, the best of luck to you,
Sheila.

Giraffe

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
artemis

artemis

Sheila said:
post 107455 I am thinking that perhaps taurine and anti-wormer of choice might work even better.
Interesting, what would you include the taurine for? I ask because I have also been taking 3g taurine each day around midday to see if it would help with the adrenaline/cortisol spikes I sometimes get. I wonder if it has played a part in these monsters finally coming out.

Thanks Giraffe. I am using vitamin A, but have always been afraid to take too much. Lately though I've been hearing (might have been from haidut?) that larger doses are not as problematic for hypothyroid people like me as once thought. I just took 200,000 units.

Hi Hugh, I am currently using methylene blue.

The monsters that I'm seeing are getting bigger. It's a freaking horror show over here today. What's really horrifying is the thought that these things have been inside of me, attached to my organs, sucking the life out of me and causing my stress hormones (and possibly blood sugar?) to stay high.
Also passing what I assume are gall stones. Sigh. Hope this will all be over soon.

messtafarian

I am so glad you figured it out but in a way this post makes me really mad. I've spent a *year* looking for a diagnosis or some kind of real help from the medical establishment and the tumor they found my adrenal gland was *by accident* because I needed emergency surgery. Then a few minutes ago I read two articles in a row -- one about how Robin Williams had Lewy Body Dementia but they didn't figure that out until his autopsy, and then another about how middle aged white people are killing themselves due to chronic pain, an inability to work and opiate addictions.

I'm still thinking I have some kind of infection in my gut on top of this thing in my adrenal gland but I bet the traditional docs on their huge payrolls will not find it.

These doctors couldn't find a simple parasite? That's just ridiculous to me. What the hell do doctors do all day?

Peata

Artemis, where do you think you picked up these parasites? From the farm? Did you have symptoms before such as itching around anus (especially at night in bed) or belly ache or anything? You never passed any of these that you noticed before the medications?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
artemis, would you mind posting your exact parasite removal protocol along with doses.

moss

On my way to work so will keep this brief, I second Sheila's thought on Wormwood. An excellent anti parasitic and extremely bitter.
I am gathering you are in the Northern hemisphere in which case you have missed the season to make your own Pickled walnuts. If you happened to have a jar in the pantry or able to buy them start eating them or even drinking the juice daily. Extremely helpful where there is parasitic infestation such as liver fluke.
Happy to post recipe later if you are interested.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
moss said:
post 107612 Happy to post recipe later if you are interested.
Please. :hattip I have access to I think its black walnut trees. The outside is green but then you bust open the squishy green stuff and the walnut is inside and they are on the ground now and ready to go.

Last edited:
OP
artemis

artemis

messtafarian said:
post 107603 I am so glad you figured it out but in a way this post makes me really mad. I've spent a *year* looking for a diagnosis or some kind of real help from the medical establishment and the tumor they found my adrenal gland was *by accident* because I needed emergency surgery.
Hi messtafarian. I wouldn't say I've figured it out just yet. My blood sugar numbers are still hovering between 260 and 320, no matter what. I'm hoping that maybe things just need a little time to heal from the damage before it translates into lower blood glucose? And who knows, maybe the worst is yet to come as far as these things coming out. Today is only the second day. Also I'm sure there's added stress from me having to go through what I'm doing, inspecting each bowel movement, trying to contain my utter horror at what I am finding. :yipes That in itself is quite stressful. I'm just trying to approach it in a matter-of-fact way, and not freak out too much. I think maybe I'm starting to get a little desensitized to it. (I guess that's a good thing?!) :roll: . I know you have had an awful time, too. I've been following your travails, I just don't know anything about what you're going through, so I haven't commented yet. I did want to mention that I'm hoping that now that your gall bladder is out, your adrenal tumor will go away on its own, maybe with a little nudge from the bromocriptine/clonidine? Everything being related, you know? Have you started them yet?

Peata said:
post 107606 where do you think you picked up these parasites? From the farm? Did you have symptoms before such as itching around anus (especially at night in bed) or belly ache or anything? You never passed any of these that you noticed before the medications?
I have no idea where I might have picked them up, nor how long I've had them. From my research, I have learned that one can pick them up in any number of ways: eating raw or undercooked fish (I do eat a lot of sushi), eating raw or undercooked beef (I like rare beef), eating raw or undercooked pork (never done that that I know of), eating unwashed/contaminated vegetables, or even just by walking outside barefoot, which I do all the time. Don't even need to have a cut or anything, they can just get right in through the skin. Never had any symptoms. Never passed any that I know of, but of course I can't know for sure, because you don't usually just see them, you have to go looking for them. Even now, even though some pieces are an inch or more long, they are not visible just by looking at your poo in the toilet, you actually have to search for them. They are inside, bound within the stool.
Charlie said:
post 107607 artemis, would you mind posting your exact parasite removal protocol along with doses.
I've been taking about a tablespoon of DE in some water morning and night
2 drops each of oregano oil and clove oil in an empty capsule, 2 or 3 times a day
one clove of raw garlic once or twice a day
methylene blue, 3 or 4 drops in the morning with breakfast, sometimes again with lunch
taurine 3g/day (taking for stress reduction, but Sheila seems to think it has a role to play with parasite removal too?)
listened to weird sound recordings of frequencies meant to eradicate parasites, on youtube
have taken one dose of albendazole as of last night

Can't really think of anything else, except maybe I have had a cup of roasted dandelion root tea on a couple of those days, not every day.
Also have not been eating carbs again, in an attempt to get my BG down. It worked a couple months ago. Before, as soon as I stopped eating carbs, my numbers started gradually going down. Not so this time, for whatever reason. I have been at zero or close to zero carbs for about a week now, and so far it hasn't made any difference in my BG numbers. This is really strange, I don't know what to make of it.

I am aware that the wormwood, cloves, and green black walnut hull is the standard thing for parasites, but the thing is, I had actually taken 2 bottles of the Now brand stuff earlier this year, I guess around February, for no particular reason, just ordered it from Amazon because I had never done any type of parasite thing before. I did take the full 2 bottles, never noticed anything. But then again, I never really looked, just glanced at it and thought I would see something. It's pretty weird that that was like a couple of months before all my blood sugar issues started. I don't know, it's all a mystery!

tara

messtafarian said:
post 107603 These doctors couldn't find a simple parasite? That's just ridiculous to me. What the hell do doctors do all day?
How would you find them?
I don't think they are all easy to detect. There are a lot of different kinds, and some of them are susceptible or resistant to different substances, and some of them have different stages etc that are particularly hard to kill off. My guess is that some of them are most easily detected by means of killing them first, and seeing the dead bodies leave, as Artemis is doing.
https://humaworm.com/parasitetypes.html
I don't know if I killed anything off with this, because I couldn't be bothered with inspecting. No dramatic reactions

artemis said:
post 107626 Also have not been eating carbs again, in an attempt to get my BG down. It worked a couple months ago. Before, as soon as I stopped eating carbs, my numbers started gradually going down. Not so this time, for whatever reason. I have been at zero or close to zero carbs for about a week now, and so far it hasn't made any difference in my BG numbers. This is really strange, I don't know what to make of it.
I think this may not be unusual. I've read quite a few people on VLC carb diets having their FBG rise. I think if you don't eat carbs, there's a good chance that your body will respond to the stress in a way that promotes gluconeogenesis. This seems to be part of the risk with using low carbs to address diabetes/hyperglycemia.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
artemis said:
post 107626 Also have not been eating carbs again, in an attempt to get my BG down. It worked a couple months ago.
I was reminded of this quote I just posted in the random quotes area:

Ray Peat said:
“But in the organism, the hyperglycemia is compensating for a sensed deficiency of glucose, a need for more energy. If diabetes means that cells can't absorb or metabolize glucose, then any cellular function that requires glucose will be impaired, despite the presence of glucose in the blood. It is the intracellular absence of glucose which is problematic, rather than its extracellular excess."

Last edited:

messtafarian

artemis said:
post 107626 Hi messtafarian. I wouldn't say I've figured it out just yet. My blood sugar numbers are still hovering between 260 and 320, no matter what. I'm hoping that maybe things just need a little time to heal from the damage before it translates into lower blood glucose? And who knows, maybe the worst is yet to come as far as these things coming out. Today is only the second day. Also I'm sure there's added stress from me having to go through what I'm doing, inspecting each bowel movement, trying to contain my utter horror at what I am finding. :yipes That in itself is quite stressful. I'm just trying to approach it in a matter-of-fact way, and not freak out too much. I think maybe I'm starting to get a little desensitized to it. (I guess that's a good thing?!) :roll: . I know you have had an awful time, too. I've been following your travails, I just don't know anything about what you're going through, so I haven't commented yet. I did want to mention that I'm hoping that now that your gall bladder is out, your adrenal tumor will go away on its own, maybe with a little nudge from the bromocriptine/clonidine? Everything being related, you know? Have you started them yet?

If it were me I would be really *happy* to know I was getting them out of me. Better out of you than in you, no matter how gross it is, eh?

Coffee with cinnamon will lower blood sugar pretty fast. Also I learned during my hypglycemic period that stevia leaf lowers blood sugar *fast* -- there are also haidut's posts about b1 which seems to support the pancreas.

I am not sure whether getting rid of my gallbladder will solve the rest of my problems. I'm now convinced I have some kind of runaway infection on top of this tiny tumor since getting rid of the infected stuff seemed to be really helpful though I'm still pretty sick. I keep wondering if it's Lyme even though I tested negative.

More doctor's appointments coming up, two this week.

Sheila

When the liver/gallbladder is under pressure the response to low carbs is, in my experience, precisely as discussed, a rise in blood sugar from some emergency compensation. I think there's a point where blood sugar will go down via this method - once again an adaptation -, but past a particular point, blood sugar will rise if you do this, at least for a few weeks until that adaptation is also exhausted and i am thinking muscle wasting will be the result, kidney strain as the system chews up protein instead. Maybe don't. Especially if you have noted a concomitant loss of physical strength (opening jam jars etc).

With regard to taurine, it does appear to have a flushing effect on the liver/gallbladder and so I presumed that would be helpful since the fluke parasitic critters and who knows what else live in the ducts of both areas. I suspect higher doses (2g+) are quite drying and so extra salt would be beneficial, I am currently playing with this. Salt is the ancient anti-parasitic.

I am pretty sure that fluke ova might be missed, or not present regularly in an impaired gallbladder stool sample and that's one of the reasons it is missed. My friend definitely saw exactly the fun things Artemis is finding. And her horror was similar. Only natural response.

Not all herbal remedies are made equal. Moss will know, so I await her further thoughts. I have seen people take buckets of ineffectual stuff, but if one is drawn to it (and I used to feel I could roll in Wormwood borders so what does that tell you) then you are likely on the right track.

Sheila

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals