Coronavirus Breakthrough As Scientists Discover A Drug Used To Treat HEAD LICE Can Kill COVID-19 Cel

I have read before the vitamin C doctor from shanghai thinks covid is a parasite? Can anyone post the link?

Coronavirus breakthrough as scientists discover a drug used to treat HEAD LICE can kill COVID-19 cells
  • Researchers at Monash University found Ivermectin can kills COVID-19 cells
  • The anti-parasite drug killed off the cells within two days and is widely available
  • Scientists are moving towards human trials but expect it to be at least a month
  • Ivermectin has also been found to work against HIV, influenza and Zika virus
By AAP

PUBLISHED: 00:07 BST, 4 April 2020 | UPDATED: 02:46 BST, 4 April 2020

An anti-parasitic head lice drug available around the world has been found to killCOVID-19 in the lab within 48 hours.

A Monash University-led study has shown a single dose of the drug Ivermectin could stop the SARS-CoV-2 virus growing in cell culture.

'We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA (effectively removed all genetic material of the virus) by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it,' Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute's Dr Kylie Wagstaff said on Friday.

26754756-8186287-image-a-4_1585953087494.jpg

Scientists from Monash University have found the anti-parasite medication Ivermectin can kill off coronavirus cells (pictured: hospital staff at testing clinic in Adelaide)

While it's not known how Ivermectin works on the virus, the drug likely stops the virus dampening the host cells' ability to clear it.

The next step is for scientists to determine the correct human dosage, to make sure the level used in vitro is safe for humans.

In times when we're having a global pandemic and there isn't an approved treatment, if we had a compound that was already available around the world then that might help people sooner,' Dr Wagstaff said.

'Realistically it's going to be a while before a vaccine is broadly available.'

Scientists expect it could be at least a month before human trials.

Before Ivermectin can be used to combat coronavirus, funding is needed to get it to pre-clinical testing and clinical trials.

Ivermectin is an FDA-approved anti-parasitic drug also shown to be effective in vitro against viruses including HIV, dengue and influenza.

The study is the joint work of Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute and the Peter Doherty Institute of Infection and Immunity.

The study findings have been published in Antiviral Research.

26790704-8186287-image-a-5_1585953098349.jpg

Ivermectin (pictured) is used to treat head lice, scabies and river blindness and is widely available

Monash University scientists find anti-parasite Ivermectin could kill off COVID-19 cells in two days | Daily Mail Online

If I'm calculating the dose correctly it's about 16 mg for 80 kg adult. It's in range of normally prescribed doses for some parasites. I'm half sleeping, will recalculate tomorrow.

Philomath

So I googled the action of ivermectin and this is what I found:
Ivermectin kills by interfering with nervous system and musclefunction, in particular by enhancing inhibitory neurotransmission.

The drug binds to glutamate-gated chloride channels (GluCls) in the membranes of invertebratenerve and muscle cells, causing increased permeability to chloride ions, resulting in cellular hyper-polarization, followed by paralysis and death.[1][53] GluCls are invertebrate-specific members of the Cys-loop family of ligand-gated ion channels present in neurons and myocytes.

Seeing Chloride channels and increased permeability to chloride ions I thought of Lithium - and found that it’s already being used to treat Covid-19...with some success. Makes me wonder if the two together would be a knock-out blow.

https://f1000researchdata.s3.amazon...nalCollections=5&numberOfBrowsableGateways=23

LeeLemonoil

That’s very interesting. Thanks @Philomath for the Lithium-Connection. Who knows what the the actual basic Mechanism is. Surely the „inhibitory“ angle is correct and it would eventually connect lithium’s anti-depression/dementia/neurodegeneration properties to maybe very fundamental mechanisms like dampening immune responses. Not to forget that lithium is also a mitohormetic agent, so it interacts with basic microbiotic, energy and cellular mechanisms very effectively.

burtlancast

GcMaf and Pao pereira extract (Beljanski) should both work against Coronavirus.

LLight

All seems plausible.
Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin efficacy strongly suggest mycobacteria at play.
Indeed:
Not only does the drug hydroxychloroquine inhibit intracellular TB, but it acts synergistically against mycobacterial disease when combined with certain antimycobacterials. Azithromycin is also used as an antimycobacterial.​

Attachments

• IN_PRESS_PROMISING_ANTIMICROBIAL_HOPE_FO.pdf
    862.5 KB · Views: 20

LeeLemonoil

LLight‘s idea from a few days ago

Or maybe ACE2 is not the infection pathway:

SARS-CoV-2 invades host cells via a novel route: CD147-spike protein

sandeep chakraborty on Twitter

Which is interesting because:
Basigin - Wikipedia

"Basigin (BSG) also known as extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer (EMMPRIN) or cluster of differentiation 147 (CD147) is a protein that in humans is encoded by the BSG gene.[4][5][6] This protein is a determinant for the Ok blood group system. Basigin has been shown to be an essential receptor on red blood cells for the human malaria parasite, Plasmodium falciparum."

Chloroquine is a drug against malaria.

aodg

Might still be consistent with the mycobacteria hypothesis."

I'm certain, that sometime around when all the talk was about the COVID genome having HIV and AIDS components spliced in, that there was also talk of it having a Fungal component, and that community spread was happening via spores released by infected people. I haven't since been able to find this again.

aodg

All seems plausible.
Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin efficacy strongly suggest mycobacteria at play.

And I had come across this while googling Hydroxychloroquine.

Fungistatic effect of hydroxychloroquine, lessons from a case

burtlancast

haidut

Forum Supporter
So I googled the action of ivermectin and this is what I found:
Ivermectin kills by interfering with nervous system and musclefunction, in particular by enhancing inhibitory neurotransmission.

The drug binds to glutamate-gated chloride channels (GluCls) in the membranes of invertebratenerve and muscle cells, causing increased permeability to chloride ions, resulting in cellular hyper-polarization, followed by paralysis and death.[1][53] GluCls are invertebrate-specific members of the Cys-loop family of ligand-gated ion channels present in neurons and myocytes.

Seeing Chloride channels

Btw, that is the main mechanism of action of glycine and coincidentally glycine has also been cited as possible treatment in other threads.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals