High Prolactin / Pituitary

olowshinenine

Forum Supporter
Pituitary tumors are typically benign and your levels are only slightly elevated and not indicative of a tumor. That said you would possibly feel better by getting them down.
Yes I would love to feel better. No idea why they are high I took this blood test in the morning before breakfast and no sex. I would love to get my testosterone up higher naturally too. How much does the Pituitary govern testosterone production?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@olowshinenine, that’s a great question. I know elevated prolactin can make females infertile but I’m not exactly how it effects testosterone in males. Perhaps some of they guys here will chime in. I only know what I do from having a history of high prolactin due a prolactinoma. Not fun.

frankmp0

My Dr suspects I may have a tumor on my pituitary.

He thinks that is what is causing my high prolactin.

Other than fixing my thyroid ( have ordered tyromix ) Do you have any other suggestions for lowering prolactin?

I am going for another Prolactin test in 2 weeks and then an MRI, I am unsure as to why he won't send me straight for an MRI.

If it is a tumor, it seems to only be affecting my Prolactin and not my other hormones too badly, so I would prefer to not get it removed via surgery. Which is why I am asking if you have any recommendations regarding lowering prolactin.
I have this same problem right now, 27 prolactin for seemingly no reason. My mom thinks I have a tumor

Explorer

Bromocriptine? Although it made me feel nearly suicidal, not sure if that would be your experience. I did find some Reddit threads of other people saying something similar. It was like reality became too intolerable/hyper real and everything just made me miserable. I have heard it will tank prolactin levels, but if you’re depressed or prone to depression it might not be safe.
Could it be anti-serotonin effect? Afair serotonin has a sense numbing disassociating effect so when one lowers it, it may unveil all the aspects/feelings that the mind put to protect against various stressors and negative parts of the reality thus it comes in like a wave as you are more sensitive and sense better stuff you may had zoned out by your mind from serotonin to prevent you from going berserk

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals