Experience On Escaping learned Helplessness/Gut Issues through Anti-serotonin Drugs Cyproheptadine/Ondansetron

TomBrady12

Hello,

Unfortunately, I have been struggling with depression, severe gut issues (despite all tests coming back normal), and a pituitary tumor (causing high prolactin and low T). Despite my best efforts with optimizing my metabolic rate with diet, lifestyle, and supplementation I haven't seen any improvement.

In the past I had taken cabergoline to lower my prolactin levels (Went from 77 to 13). But even when that happened I still had major gut issues, low T, and depression. And as soon as I went off the cabergoline my prolactin skyrocketed back up..

But all this tells me I most likely stuck in that high serotonin state keeping estrogen and prolactin high as well. And I need to break the cycle. Especially since I have a history with antidepressant use before I found Ray's work.

It feels like I'm in that learned helplessness state and I believe lowering serotonin is probably my way out. I'm currently taking Bromocriptine 5 MG for the tumor as I know it has additional anti-serotonin benefits cabergoline does not. Does anyone have any experience escaping this learned helpless situation with anti-serotonin drugs like cyproheptadine/ondansetron and at what dosages? And has anyone combined them to enhance reducing serotonin? I have a feeling my serotonin is extremely high because I don't feel anything from low doses of cypro and only when I reach the 20+ mg range I begin to notice some benefit.

Thanks everyone!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Has anyone got any experience with this issue for this new member?
Yes, thank you for the alert. I will reply in more detail this afternoon.

I find people have had success with deprenyl. 1mg under the tongue 2 - 4 times per day. Check it out with your doctor.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hello,

Unfortunately, I have been struggling with depression, severe gut issues (despite all tests coming back normal), and a pituitary tumor (causing high prolactin and low T). Despite my best efforts with optimizing my metabolic rate with diet, lifestyle, and supplementation I haven't seen any improvement.

In the past I had taken cabergoline to lower my prolactin levels (Went from 77 to 13). But even when that happened I still had major gut issues, low T, and depression. And as soon as I went off the cabergoline my prolactin skyrocketed back up..

But all this tells me I most likely stuck in that high serotonin state keeping estrogen and prolactin high as well. And I need to break the cycle. Especially since I have a history with antidepressant use before I found Ray's work.

It feels like I'm in that learned helplessness state and I believe lowering serotonin is probably my way out. I'm currently taking Bromocriptine 5 MG for the tumor as I know it has additional anti-serotonin benefits cabergoline does not. Does anyone have any experience escaping this learned helpless situation with anti-serotonin drugs like cyproheptadine/ondansetron and at what dosages? And has anyone combined them to enhance reducing serotonin? I have a feeling my serotonin is extremely high because I don't feel anything from low doses of cypro and only when I reach the 20+ mg range I begin to notice some benefit.

Thanks everyone!
In addition to @ecstatichamster’s reply I’m wondering if you have ever tried a small dose of P-5-P? It really helped me when my pituitary tumor was causing me issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals