peatyzilian

So i've been taking cypro past the last 5 days. I was tooking 2mg on lunch and 2mg on dinner. It was being amazingly therapeutic for me (i was happier, seeing colors more vibrant, enjoying more life, recovering from the learned helplessness i was stuck in, etc).
Today i decided to take 2mg on lunch + 4mg at dinner. It was bad, i thought i was entering a psychedelic trip: my senses altered too much, i started sweating, heart rate went up, i started ruminating thoughts, and even had slightly visuals hallucinations. When peak plasma concentration of the cypro started to decrease, i felt good again.
I've used psychedelics before: took 4g of shrooms once, and was a terrible experience. Decided to try it again, and took 1g, a dose that was therapeutic, similarly to what 2mg cypro was doing to me.

I thought my problem was too much serotonin but now i'm confused. Someone can explain the mechanism behind of this?

Soren

Forum Supporter
Well I believe that one of the ways LSD works is by greatly lowering serotonin and this may be responsible for the hallucinatory effects. Given that cypro is a serotonin antagonist that could be a partial explanation.

youngsinatra

Anticholinergics can have this side-effect.

„Anticholinergic syndrome results from competitive antagonism of acetylcholine at central and peripheral muscarinic receptors. Central inhibition leads to an agitated (hyperactive) delirium - typically including confusion, restlessness and hallucinations.“

Nick

I have had mildly psychedelic effects on the visual snow and closed eye patterns from one or two mg of cyproheptadine. It also seems to facilitate precognitive, telepathic, and synchronistic dreams.

It may be the anti-serotonin effect but I wonder if the root of the effect has more to do with the alteration of the recipe of toxins and electrolytes in the blood via changing what is being released from the liver as well as the regulation of metals/electrolytes by the cells, and the lowered serotonin is actually a secondary effect.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I get similar effects with 10-methoxy-harmalan...
High dose Cypro makes me euphoric and the happiest man on the planet.

I do not know what's going on except that cypro works on several mechanisms whereas 10mh is more serotonin focused.

OP
P

peatyzilian

I have had mildly psychedelic effects on the visual snow and closed eye patterns from one or two mg of cyproheptadine. It also seems to facilitate precognitive, telepathic, and synchronistic dreams.

It may be the anti-serotonin effect but I wonder if the root of the effect has more to do with the alteration of the recipe of toxins and electrolytes in the blood via changing what is being released from the liver as well as the regulation of metals/electrolytes by the cells, and the lowered serotonin is actually a secondary effect.
I think it`s the serotonin antagonizing effect, but also i think that a large dose on a daily basis is bad.
But the color and visual acuity enhancment + good mood is amazing. Guess i`ll stick to 2mg once a day, stopping twice a week to not create tolerance.

OP
P

peatyzilian

Anticholinergics can have this side-effect.

„Anticholinergic syndrome results from competitive antagonism of acetylcholine at central and peripheral muscarinic receptors. Central inhibition leads to an agitated (hyperactive) delirium - typically including confusion, restlessness and hallucinations.“

I read that this is pretty serious stuff that can lead to coma and death.
Should i continue taking it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom