How Do Permanently Lower Prolactin?

golder

The 30 days of IF really helped. Other then that, I'd say the activated charcoal + coconut oil was the best antiseptic.

I think diffusing and inhaling baking soda is the best lactate antagonist I've found. Acetazolamide and thiamine also helped to a lesser degree.

Biggest dietary factor was just adjusting my macros. There's no question that I personally do best on a low(er) fat diet. I know many peatarians are partial to their saturated fats, but I think, for me anyways, it's best that I limit all fats to a small portion. Of course this goes without saying that avoiding PUFA and balancing the Ca:P is important.
Extremely useful pointers here. Out of curiosity, how does one inhale the bicarb? Nebuliser or is there an easier method? Thanks!

Jessie

Thank you for the previous reply, I really think my situation is similar to that of yours, and I can really relate, especially the part about my liver not being able to “hold” sugar properly and hence I very easily get stressed/cortisol response if I don’t eat regularly. I’m gonna make a point of reducing endotoxins and see how I feel.
If you don’t mind me asking, how exactly do you have the mushrooms, the wheat bran and the activated charcoal? Do you have the activated charcoal with water only? Is it in between meals? And also do you have the wheat bran with other foods? Is the wheat bran specifically to reduce LPS?
I just boiled the mushrooms. You can eat them plain and seasoned, or put them into a gelatinous soup, or have them as a side with some meat, etc. I would mix the wheat bran into greek yogurt and have it with some berries. In regards to the charcoal, during the IF period I would wake up and take the charcoal with coconut oil. I wouldn't eat my first bite of food until about 10:30-11:00 am. So there was about 3.5-4 hours of time where the charcoal could do it's magic. Now days, since I'm not fasting anymore, I just take it at nighttime. I wait at least 2 hours after my last meal and take it then. You never want to take it with food, because it can actually block many of the nutrients.

Did you read anywhere specific the benefits of fasting on LPS?
Yeah there's several things I've read on it, but I could save you some time and just show you Tim's video on it. He gives the best and most simple advice imo. He also puts a Peatish spin on most things too:

Jessie

Extremely useful pointers here. Out of curiosity, how does one inhale the bicarb? Nebuliser or is there an easier method? Thanks!
Yeah a nebulizer would work, diffuser too. I got the idea after reading this thread: The Only Hormone Or Anti-Oxidant You Actually Need

If you have high lactate, you can almost feel the benefits immediately after inhaling it. Without a doubt it's the most noticeable lactate antagonist for me.

PorterBridges

That's really good. I think Peat recommends to keep PUFA consumption at, or under, 4 grams daily. This is typically doable if your fat sources are from coconut oil, butter, dairy, cacao, pastured egg yolks, ruminant meats, etc.

The benefits of cutting out polyunsaturated fat seem to be a long term process, it's not like something you're going to notice from just 30 days of abstaining. Also, for me personally, even cutting out PUFAs didn't completely cure me. I think for many people, once PUFA has blocked thyroid function to the point that your digestion has slowed, and is now developing bacterial overgrowth, simply removing PUFA may not be enough. My metabolism wasn't fully healing until I started to focus on the LPS/bacteria.

I think PUFA is what sets everything in motion, but once it degrades your metabolism to the point that endotoxin and serotonin becomes an issue, I think these continue to exert a very profound excitatory and inflammatory response despite keeping dietary PUFA low.

Very insteresting post.

I've been suffering from IBS-D / SIBO / Prostatitis type symptoms and my doctor prescribed me a medication called ZELNORM and it's main method of action is to INCREASE seratonin in the small intestine to improve motility / transit time.

Is this medication counter productive and I need to REDUCE seratonin?

My IBS symptoms started when my diet was filled with WAYYY too many fried foods filled with PUFAs....I've since switched to a very low PUFA diet.

Edit: I also have CONSTANT fatigue and stiffness/soreness. My urinary PH is always low. I wonder if I have some sort of lactate issue that you describe...not sure why. I used to be a very diligent gym rat working out 6x per week with heavy weights. I wonder if that caused some sort of acidosis.

Last edited:

Vins7

The 30 days of IF really helped. Other then that, I'd say the activated charcoal + coconut oil was the best antiseptic.

I think diffusing and inhaling baking soda is the best lactate antagonist I've found. Acetazolamide and thiamine also helped to a lesser degree.

Biggest dietary factor was just adjusting my macros. There's no question that I personally do best on a low(er) fat diet. I know many peatarians are partial to their saturated fats, but I think, for me anyways, it's best that I limit all fats to a small portion. Of course this goes without saying that avoiding PUFA and balancing the Ca:P is important.
How did you take and what amount of activated charcoal+coconut oil?
How are your macros distribution?
Did you have los belly bloating and you fixed It?
Do you try to avoid eating meat/fish/shellfish everyday due to Ca:P ratio?
Thanks for sharing Jessie.

Last edited:

Vins7

How did you take and what amount of activated charcoal+coconut oil?
How are your macros distribution?
Did you have los belly bloating and you fixed It?
Do you try to avoid eating meat/fish/shellfish everyday due to Ca:p ratio?
Thanks for sharing Jessie.

CDT

Day: Tribulus; ; Tongkat Ali (5 days on 2 days off); Boron (2 weeks on 1 week off); Panax ginseng; Alcar; Calcium; Intermittent Fasting (pretty sure none of those break Fast); Niacinamide; CDP Choline

Pre-workout: Bromelain (prevents drop in T from exercise); Caffeine; Horny Goat Weed; Vitamin C; Creatine Monohydrate; B-complex; Ginko Biloba

Post-workout: Magnesium (moved from before bed); 2.5g Pine pollen powder; Ashwaghanda (cycled 1 week on 1 week off); Zinc; 2g Cistanche; Taurine; Cynomorium; Cold shower

--Meal 1 -- (Eggs; two jacket potatoes; two 100% beef burgers; butter; shopska salad; half an onion; Organic whey isolate

Post-meal 1: 2.5g pine pollen powder; Vitamin D3 with K2; L-Reuteri; Ginko Biloba

--Meal 2 -- (Whatever fits my macros & calories)

Post-meal 2: 2.5g pine pollen powder; Omega 3; Niacinamide; Vitamin C

Night: 2.5g Pine pollen powder; 2g cistanche; lysine; 1 whole raw carrot; Tribulus; Tongkat Ali; Cynomorium; Meditation; Red-light therapy; Vitamin E oil; Iodine

1. Everything emboldened affects Testosterone; Androgens, or AR-signalling in some manner
2. It's more important to focus first on fixing deficiencies prior to herbal supplementation

3. Pine Pollen powder > Pine Pollen tincture. I found the powder to give a noticeable boost in drive without side effects, whereas tinctures shut me down.
Do you possibly think you are taking too many things? Ashwaghanda for me alone makes me insanely amped. I have never tried pine pollen. Just curious, but how is your hair quality?

Tarmander

Hans

Forum Supporter
I've been suffering from IBS-D / SIBO / Prostatitis type symptoms and my doctor prescribed me a medication called ZELNORM and it's main method of action is to INCREASE seratonin in the small intestine to improve motility / transit time.

Excess serotonin in the gut contributes to inflammation everywhere in the body. It also further reduces intestinal function over time. What you want to do is, improve your NAD levels in the intestine so that the cells can work better and contract better. Serotonin promotes contraction, but with low NAD, little contraction is going to take place, so serotonin has to go higher and higher.
Niacinamide and Lapodin can be very helpful. Taking Lapodin orally has a good laxative effect.

LegendeLic

Very insteresting post.

My IBS symptoms started when my diet was filled with WAYYY too many fried foods filled with PUFAs....I've since switched to a very low PUFA diet.

Edit: I also have CONSTANT fatigue and stiffness/soreness. My urinary PH is always low. I wonder if I have some sort of lactate issue that you describe...not sure why. I used to be a very diligent gym rat working out 6x per week with heavy weights. I wonder if that caused some sort of acidosis.
hey...
I am kind of in the same boat, low fat works best for me. courses of some kind of AB help but it's only short term. IF improved my symptoms, but I also have to watch what I eat. Still have to figure things out, currently not IFing, was kind of good with 3x meals a day no snacks. but got back into snacking habbits and got worse. I really have to find a regime/diet, that makes it stick and back to normal eating.

did you or @Jessie find something out except what's in the video that helps?
I am currently managing symptoms with querctin, luteolin and a bit of resveratrol and avoiding dairy, wheat or high fat stuff. I feel like VIT D and E makes it worse in my current state, whereas long term that should help. I'll try the carotts in the morning and/or maybe charcol in the morning in combination with IF and see how it goes.

Doc just said it's IBS and there's nothing much one can do. The inflammation and symptoms are just insane sometimes.

anyhow thanks for all the posts in this thread already.

Ismail

hey...
I am kind of in the same boat, low fat works best for me. courses of some kind of AB help but it's only short term. IF improved my symptoms, but I also have to watch what I eat. Still have to figure things out, currently not IFing, was kind of good with 3x meals a day no snacks. but got back into snacking habbits and got worse. I really have to find a regime/diet, that makes it stick and back to normal eating.

did you or @Jessie find something out except what's in the video that helps?
I am currently managing symptoms with querctin, luteolin and a bit of resveratrol and avoiding dairy, wheat or high fat stuff. I feel like VIT D and E makes it worse in my current state, whereas long term that should help. I'll try the carotts in the morning and/or maybe charcol in the morning in combination with IF and see how it goes.

Doc just said it's IBS and there's nothing much one can do. The inflammation and symptoms are just insane sometimes.

anyhow thanks for all the posts in this thread already.
Have you tried glycine and/or collagen hydrolysate for your IBS?

Infinite

Any update? I have the exact same issues, about to start some caber at 0.25 a week.

Infinite

Caber over Lisuride/Metergoline? I’m in the same boat as you but want to try and find the safest method.
I have metergoline on the way, going to try rotating weeks with both. Really trying to prevent DAWS.

LUH 3417

What can I do to lower my prolactin and iron? I would start at upping vitamin D and am curious as to other suggestions.

Iron 170 (30-160)
Saturation, Iron 58 (14-50
Prolactin 23.3 (3.4-24.1)

Cholesterol 214 (<199)
HDL 54 (>51)
Triglycerides 80 (<149)
LDL 144 (<99)

TSH 0.73
Free T3 2.69
Free T4 1.1
PTH 37
DHEAS 123

Thank you.

youngsinatra

What can I do to lower my prolactin and iron? I would start at upping vitamin D and am curious as to other suggestions.

Iron 170 (30-160)

Cholesterol 214 (<199)
HDL 54 (>51)
Triglycerides 80 (<149)
LDL 144 (<99)

TSH 0.73
Free T3 2.69
Free T4 1.1
PTH 37
DHEAS 123

Thank you.
Without a doubt - really regular blood donation!

Hans

Forum Supporter

Iron 170 (30-160)

Cholesterol 214 (<199)
HDL 54 (>51)
Triglycerides 80 (<149)
LDL 144 (<99)

TSH 0.73
Free T3 2.69
Free T4 1.1
PTH 37
DHEAS 123

Thank you.
Aspirin and milk are also both very helpful. If you can get most of your calories from milk, you should be good to go, since it contains almost no iron.

I have metergoline on the way, going to try rotating weeks with both. Really trying to prevent DAWS.
how did this work out for you? did you notice any permanent benefits from a caber/metergoline cycle?

Infinite

how did this work out for you? did you notice any permanent benefits from a caber/metergoline cycle?
Nope, didn't take notes, but I stopped both due to anxiety and insomnia the Caber was causing. Tested my prolactin and it was low to normal range so I quit all dopamine agonists.