Nandrolone like TRT. DECA lower serotonin and increase Dopamine in rats.

Gûs80

As I aromatize a lot, I am starting a test with nandrolone, testing it as a trt in place of testosterone enanthate. I have really bad effects with the increased e2 and I feel much better when I use anastrozole between 3 and 5x a week, when I was using 250mg of testo/week or less when I went down by 100mg/week.

The e2 even slightly high, 50ng, makes me extremely anxious, sleep much worse, libido completely uncontrolled. Probably due to the increase in serotonin.

As I do well with cyproheptadine, I decided to test nadrolone, which according to this study decreases serotonin and increases dopamine in rats. I started yesterday with 100mg. Less than 1 hour later I felt a lot of lethargy, which lasted all day today. I think it's because of the strong blocking of cortisol.

I see many reports of bodybuilders who deny the increase in prolactin in the use of deca, this study by demonstrating that dopamine increases, ends up reaffirming the anecdotes. But I will be doing tests soon.

As I have constantly low dhea, I am supplementing with 25mg eod (I haven't found it in lower doses). I think I'll need to put in some AI.

My goal is to gain more mass, increase energy and decrease bf to 10% in an attempt to improve sleep apnea. My current bf is around 25%.

I do weight training 4-6x/week.

This year I managed to gain a lot of mass with Testo + anastrozole and 3 months of 15mg of oxandrolone, prescribed by a doctor. But fatigue, mental confusion and delayed circadian cycle remained.

I recently saw a doctor on youtube who used Deca for over 20 years as a hormone replacement. I'll post as soon as I find the video.

In a few days I will be on injectable masteron. The idea is to use it together to burn the subcutaneous fat I've accumulated in the last 8 years of TRT, mostly without AI, as doctors considered it normal for e2 to fluctuate with TRT. I have a lot of lipomastia.

I notice that I'm very responsive to dht derivatives, but incredibly both on the stano and oxa cycle, I gained a lot of muscle mass but I couldn't lose subcutaneous fat.

"Serotonin: Rats receiving nandrolone decanoate showed decreased serotonin content in striatum (0.6 vs. 9.4, p<0.001) and hippocampus (0.3 vs. 1.5, p<0.01), while no significant change occurred in both cerebral cortex and hypothalamus as compared to control group. Oral administration of amino acids mixture resulted in a decrease in serotonin content in striatum (2.7 vs. 9.4, p<0.001) and hypothalamus (0.04 vs. 0.18, p<0.01). On the other hand, administration of combination of nandrolone decanoate and amino acids significantly decreased serotonin content in all studied regions as compared to the control values (Fig. 4a-d).

Dopamine: Treatment with nandrolone decanoate resulted in increased dopamine content in hypothalamus (0.9 vs. 0.4, p<0.01), as compared to control while treatment with amino acids increased dopamine content in hippocampus only (2.2 vs. 1.3, p<0.05). However, a decrease in dopamine content in cortex (9.05 vs. 12.4, p<0.05) and striatum (2.2 vs. 4.04, p<0.01) was found after treatment with combination of nandrolone decanoate and amino acids for 8 weeks as compared to control group (Fig. 5a-d)."

OP
Gûs80

Gûs80

n1, but it's an interesting case.

I particularly intend to use deca + masteron until I reach my goal. Then switch to dhea + pregnenolone + exementan (low dose).
And use together natural products that increase protein synthesis, such as cobamamide and magnesium glycyl glutamine.

Reports from bodybuilders attest that nandrolone aromatizes much less, around 20%, and that it only increases prolactin at high doses.

Considering the joint benefits, the decrease in serotonin, the increase in dopamine, low aromatization, strong cortisol antagonism, good lean mass gain, it seems to me to be one of the best steroids.

Of course dht would be needed, hence masteron.

I see some doctors claiming that nadrolone would increase progesterone, but I haven't found any support in the articles.

Anyone with experiences or ideas about nandrolone, please share.

View: https://youtu.be/A0UmMrtEuQc

OP
Gûs80

Gûs80

In the first 3 months of the year I went on a diet prescribed by a bodybuilder doctor, with 1800kcal, 250mg/week testo and ozempic (glp1 analogue).

I lost 8kg of fat and gained 2kg of muscle. But I didn't lose any subcutaneous fat.

I stayed another 2 months on a low calorie diet without ozempic, but I didn't lose anything. Hunger came back strong, so I decided to go on a reverse diet, with 3.4g of protein, 3.1g of carbs and 1.1g of fat, based on the study below. A Brazilian nutritionist highly respected among bodybuilders recommends this diet to break the plateau and as a way to control appetite generating caloric deficit through thermogenesis and high protein digestion.

The idea is "body recomp". Gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. I thought it was really good because starvation diets are very stressful.

I gained 2kg in 2 months with this diet. In the mirror I can see it was just muscle. My arms no longer fit into some big shirts.

I consume 4 doses of whey and 30 to 50g of collagen and both considerably increase glp1, I feel the same satiety and intestinal sluggishness as when I used ozempic.

The rest of the protein comes from lean meats, eggs and milk. I went from 1800kcal to 3300kcal. I intend to continue for another 3 months now with nandrolone and masteron.

HP = high protein (3,4g/kg)
NP = normal protein (2,3g/kg)

"The HP group consumed more (p < 0.05) total energy and protein during the treatment period compared to their baseline intake. Furthermore, the HP group consumed significantly more (p < 0.05) total calories and protein compared to the NP group. There were significant time by group (p ≤ 0.05) changes in body weight (change: +1.3 ± 1.3 kg NP, −0.1 ± 2.5 HP), fat mass (change: −0.3 ± 2.2 kg NP, −1.7 ± 2.3 HP), and % body fat (change: −0.7 ± 2.8 NP, −2.4 ± 2.9 HP). The NP group gained significantly more body weight than the HP group; however, the HP group experienced a greater decrease in fat mass and % body fat. There was a significant time effect for FFM; however, there was a non-significant time by group effect for FFM (change: +1.5 ± 1.8 NP, +1.5 ± 2.2 HP). Furthermore, a significant time effect (p ≤ 0.05) was seen in both groups vis a vis improvements in maximal strength (i.e., 1-RM squat and bench) vertical jump and pull-ups; however, there were no significant time by group effects (p ≥ 0.05) for all exercise performance measures. Additionally, there were no changes in any of the blood parameters (i.e., basic metabolic panel).

Conclusion​

Consuming a high protein diet (3.4 g/kg/d) in conjunction with a heavy resistance-training program may confer benefits with regards to body composition. Furthermore, there is no evidence that consuming a high protein diet has any deleterious effects."

Sampa

I have already done my TRT with deca only for more than a year, and i have some clients that we did the same.
The E2 level really got down due to low aromatization effect, some got better with 25 mg of prasterone (dhea) ed.
Since I always checked for E2 when the were in TRT with testosterone cypionate and strictly controlled with some exemestane, no one (me and clients) felt this high dopamine /low serotonin feelings, neighter agressive tendency behavior.

OP
Gûs80

Gûs80

I have already done my TRT with deca only for more than a year, and i have some clients that we did the same.
The E2 level really got down due to low aromatization effect, some got better with 25 mg of prasterone (dhea) ed.
Since I always checked for E2 when the were in TRT with testosterone cypionate and strictly controlled with some exemestane, no one (me and clients) felt this high dopamine /low serotonin feelings, neighter agressive tendency behavior.
Thanks for the answer.
Did you have an elevation in prolactin?

This current medical view of low serotonin being the culprit for aggression has already been exhaustively denied by the studies Dr Ray Peat presented to us.

In fact, low serotonin and high dopamine have the opposite effect to that mentioned in the article, leaving people more motivated and calm. I posted the study for that reason and not for its conclusion.

One of the symptoms of high estrogen according to Dr Rand McClain is Roid Rage. Today we know that estrogen acts as a Monoamine Oxidase inhibitor, elevating serotonin and increasing aggression.

I clearly feel this effect when I am on high estrogen, I become impulsive, grumpy, impatient. And when I use anastrozole/exemestane my brain calms down, I become more flexible and calm.

OP
Gûs80

Gûs80

Your experience and that of your customers is very valuable to me.

Could you share more information on how traditional TRT compares with Deca Only in terms of aesthetic effects, mood, changes in exams, well-being?

In your view, what are the pros and cons of Deca Only?

OP
Gûs80

Gûs80

Vi que é brasileiro, então vamos um pouco em português, kkkk.

O Jogaib tem feito alguns vídeos sugerindo o Deca Only ultimamente. O que me preocupa é a prolactina e os possiveis danos cardíacos relatados em alguns estudos.

O e2 você resolveu com dhea. E para q
aumentar o dht, usou algo?

Duas teorias interessantes sobre homens que não se adaptam ao trt me chamaram a atenção:

- dr Mark Gordon - diz que geralmente são homens que sofreram concussão/traumatismo craniano e desenolvem hipopituitarismo, com deficiência de tireoide, testo e principalmente gh. Nesses casos ele recomenda gh, dhea, pregnenolona e no maximo 80mg de testo por semana. 100% dos seus pacientes obtiveram melhoras.

- dr Ben Lynch - no livro Dirty Genes, mostra que homens com genes Slow Comt e Slow MaoA tem dificuldade de excreção de estrogenio e serotonina. Esses seriam os que se dão mal om a aromatização aumentada pela trt, possivelmente os homens que relatam melhoras quando passam para a Nandrolona. E o inverso desses, homens com Fast Comt e Fast MaoA, por terem excreção de e2 e serotonina elevadas, tendem a ter deficiência de ambos e se dariam muito bem com reposição de Testo e consequente elevação do e2.

golder

Vi que é brasileiro, então vamos um pouco em português, kkkk.

O Jogaib tem feito alguns vídeos sugerindo o Deca Only ultimamente. O que me preocupa é a prolactina e os possiveis danos cardíacos relatados em alguns estudos.

O e2 você resolveu com dhea. E para q
aumentar o dht, usou algo?

Duas teorias interessantes sobre homens que não se adaptam ao trt me chamaram a atenção:

- dr Mark Gordon - diz que geralmente são homens que sofreram concussão/traumatismo craniano e desenolvem hipopituitarismo, com deficiência de tireoide, testo e principalmente gh. Nesses casos ele recomenda gh, dhea, pregnenolona e no maximo 80mg de testo por semana. 100% dos seus pacientes obtiveram melhoras.

- dr Ben Lynch - no livro Dirty Genes, mostra que homens com genes Slow Comt e Slow MaoA tem dificuldade de excreção de estrogenio e serotonina. Esses seriam os que se dão mal om a aromatização aumentada pela trt, possivelmente os homens que relatam melhoras quando passam para a Nandrolona. E o inverso desses, homens com Fast Comt e Fast MaoA, por terem excreção de e2 e serotonina elevadas, tendem a ter deficiência de ambos e se dariam muito bem com reposição de Testo e consequente elevação do e2.
Could someone convert this to English for me

Matestube

As I aromatize a lot, I am starting a test with nandrolone, testing it as a trt in place of testosterone enanthate. I have really bad effects with the increased e2 and I feel much better when I use anastrozole between 3 and 5x a week, when I was using 250mg of testo/week or less when I went down by 100mg/week.

The e2 even slightly high, 50ng, makes me extremely anxious, sleep much worse, libido completely uncontrolled. Probably due to the increase in serotonin.

As I do well with cyproheptadine, I decided to test nadrolone, which according to this study decreases serotonin and increases dopamine in rats. I started yesterday with 100mg. Less than 1 hour later I felt a lot of lethargy, which lasted all day today. I think it's because of the strong blocking of cortisol.

I see many reports of bodybuilders who deny the increase in prolactin in the use of deca, this study by demonstrating that dopamine increases, ends up reaffirming the anecdotes. But I will be doing tests soon.

As I have constantly low dhea, I am supplementing with 25mg eod (I haven't found it in lower doses). I think I'll need to put in some AI.

My goal is to gain more mass, increase energy and decrease bf to 10% in an attempt to improve sleep apnea. My current bf is around 25%.

I do weight training 4-6x/week.

This year I managed to gain a lot of mass with Testo + anastrozole and 3 months of 15mg of oxandrolone, prescribed by a doctor. But fatigue, mental confusion and delayed circadian cycle remained.

I recently saw a doctor on youtube who used Deca for over 20 years as a hormone replacement. I'll post as soon as I find the video.

In a few days I will be on injectable masteron. The idea is to use it together to burn the subcutaneous fat I've accumulated in the last 8 years of TRT, mostly without AI, as doctors considered it normal for e2 to fluctuate with TRT. I have a lot of lipomastia.

I notice that I'm very responsive to dht derivatives, but incredibly both on the stano and oxa cycle, I gained a lot of muscle mass but I couldn't lose subcutaneous fat.

"Serotonin: Rats receiving nandrolone decanoate showed decreased serotonin content in striatum (0.6 vs. 9.4, p<0.001) and hippocampus (0.3 vs. 1.5, p<0.01), while no significant change occurred in both cerebral cortex and hypothalamus as compared to control group. Oral administration of amino acids mixture resulted in a decrease in serotonin content in striatum (2.7 vs. 9.4, p<0.001) and hypothalamus (0.04 vs. 0.18, p<0.01). On the other hand, administration of combination of nandrolone decanoate and amino acids significantly decreased serotonin content in all studied regions as compared to the control values (Fig. 4a-d).

Dopamine: Treatment with nandrolone decanoate resulted in increased dopamine content in hypothalamus (0.9 vs. 0.4, p<0.01), as compared to control while treatment with amino acids increased dopamine content in hippocampus only (2.2 vs. 1.3, p<0.05). However, a decrease in dopamine content in cortex (9.05 vs. 12.4, p<0.05) and striatum (2.2 vs. 4.04, p<0.01) was found after treatment with combination of nandrolone decanoate and amino acids for 8 weeks as compared to control group (Fig. 5a-d)."

I wouldn't touch deca with a 10 foot pole.

Try test base in DMSO instead of enanthate, you might be amazed at how good it makes you feel.

AspiringSage

Nandrolone is deeply, deeply suppressive of natural production. The suppression can persist for months after discontinuation. The commonly used ester nandrolone decanoate (deca) has a long half life of about fifteen days and second most commonly used ester nandrolone phenylpropionate (NPP) has a half life of about 4.5 days - although this is only part of the story.

Nandrolone itself seems to be fairly persistent at an intercellular level. It gets into processes and hormone cascades intended for testosterone/androsterone/DHT and makes all sorts of funky metabolites. In point fact, nandrolone like molecules have been studied as injectable birth control for males because they are so deeply suppressive of spermatogenesis/natural production of testosterone.

Oddly, nandrolone it’s also sort of a quasi progesterone. The prolactin like side effects seem to hit some people and not others. Its side effects can include unusual changes in fluid retention between body compartments. Many users report mild mental side effects (likely from nandrolone disrupting nurosteroids). And many users report long post cycle recovery times, so consider yourself warned. You may not be able to get off the deca synthetic steroid express train as quick as you’d like.

Some of the mens health/TRT/HRT clinics are pushing deca it because it’s indicated for muscle wasting. It’s on the formulary tables and they can prescribe it permanently vs something like halotestin that they can only prescribe for a limited time before coming under DEA scrutiny.

Have you considered higher doses of testosterone and exemestane instead? With a little titration you should be able to get your estrogen under control. The exemestane also has boldenone like metabolites. So, there is a little anabolic boost to be had from using exemestane to control estrogen while on TRT/HRT.

If you are doing this on the books in the US then I think only the deca ester will be available. If using UGL gear then in theory the NPP ester is available, which will be shorter lived. In the sprit of harm reduction, I’d strongly suggest that you do your experimentation with the shorter ester. At least the NPP steroid synthetic steroid express stops faster. If messing with deca then I’d suggest that you keep the dose low and use significantly more testosterone than nandrolone (at least 2/1, maybe 4/1).

If you are stoping a cycle of deca/NPP then stop the deca first and run the testosterone only longer - to give the nandrolone a chance to clear.

The above is shared as first amendment protected opinion on harm reduction and is not intended as medical advise. Please consult your healthcare provider for medical advise. My lab ferret doesn’t particularly like NPP. Admittedly, he thinks it has a place in acute medical treatment; but, he thinks it’s deeply suppressive and probably neurologically harmful in the long run.

OP
Gûs80

Gûs80

Nandrolone is deeply, deeply suppressive of natural production. The suppression can persist for months after discontinuation. The commonly used ester nandrolone decanoate (deca) has a long half life of about fifteen days and second most commonly used ester nandrolone phenylpropionate (NPP) has a half life of about 4.5 days - although this is only part of the story.

Nandrolone itself seems to be fairly persistent at an intercellular level. It gets into processes and hormone cascades intended for testosterone/androsterone/DHT and makes all sorts of funky metabolites. In point fact, nandrolone like molecules have been studied as injectable birth control for males because they are so deeply suppressive of spermatogenesis/natural production of testosterone.

Oddly, nandrolone it’s also sort of a quasi progesterone. The prolactin like side effects seem to hit some people and not others. Its side effects can include unusual changes in fluid retention between body compartments. Many users report mild mental side effects (likely from nandrolone disrupting nurosteroids). And many users report long post cycle recovery times, so consider yourself warned. You may not be able to get off the deca synthetic steroid express train as quick as you’d like.

Some of the mens health/TRT/HRT clinics are pushing deca it because it’s indicated for muscle wasting. It’s on the formulary tables and they can prescribe it permanently vs something like halotestin that they can only prescribe for a limited time before coming under DEA scrutiny.

Have you considered higher doses of testosterone and exemestane instead? With a little titration you should be able to get your estrogen under control. The exemestane also has boldenone like metabolites. So, there is a little anabolic boost to be had from using exemestane to control estrogen while on TRT/HRT.

If you are doing this on the books in the US then I think only the deca ester will be available. If using UGL gear then in theory the NPP ester is available, which will be shorter lived. In the sprit of harm reduction, I’d strongly suggest that you do your experimentation with the shorter ester. At least the NPP steroid synthetic steroid express stops faster. If messing with deca then I’d suggest that you keep the dose low and use significantly more testosterone than nandrolone (at least 2/1, maybe 4/1).

If you are stoping a cycle of deca/NPP then stop the deca first and run the testosterone only longer - to give the nandrolone a chance to clear.

The above is shared as first amendment protected opinion on harm reduction and is not intended as medical advise. Please consult your healthcare provider for medical advise. My lab ferret doesn’t particularly like NPP. Admittedly, he thinks it has a place in acute medical treatment; but, he thinks it’s deeply suppressive and probably neurologically harmful in the long run.
Thanks for the answers.

I've done tests with up to 500mg of testosterone cypionate and I can say that the higher the doses, the worse my symptoms are. I felt I was on the threshold between sanity and schizophrenia.

For most of this year I used 250mg cypionate + 5mg exemestane/day + 20mg t3/day, all under the supervision of a doctor who is a competitive bodybuilder.

With that dose my e2 was at 50, 7 days after application. I know that for those who get along with T it's low, but for me it's enough to annihilate any possibility of sleeping, resting, relaxing. I go into a state of chronic anxiety, I feel like my sympathetic system never shuts down.

I switched to anastrozole because of the short half-life. So if I overdosed, I would suffer for 2 or 3 days until the e2 increased again. In this test it became very clear how bad estradiol makes me feel. In one of the tests I spent 1 week without being able to sleep soundly. The first night I used 1mg of anastrozole before bed, I had a wonderful sleep, something very rare since my adolescence (currently 41 years old).

I know that exemestane has better characteristics, as I learned in this forum. However, whenever I use it, I feel symptoms of high cortisol, especially at night. As I have high nighttime cortisol, it was very clear when I used it close to bedtime and anxiety and heart rate increased. Searching on google confirmed the hypothesis.

I believe your statements are true, but for a specific group. Just search the Deca Only forums and you will see hundreds of success stories with this therapy. In my view, it is becoming clearer every day that there are variations in phenotypes/genotypes, and this is the only criticism I have of Dr Ray Peat, because apparently he only believes that the phenotype he fits into exists.

Look at this doctor's report I posted earlier. It doesn't seem to me that his 20 years on Deca have done him any harm as the neurotoxicity studies claim. Which leads me to think that the unsuccessful cases are from subjects who have a greater need for e2 or perhaps because of the decrease in dht, since Deca aromatizes little and is not reduced, and not exactly because of the hormone itself.

I have a bodybuilder friend who has been using it for over a decade in 8 week cycles, without any problems with tpc, in fact, he has never done deca tpc. His account has always intrigued me as he considers nandrolone the most amazing hormone he has experienced in terms of mental/emotional well being.

He, like me, has clear symptoms of high aromatization when using testosterone. In addition, it has a classic characteristic of men who aromatize a lot: wide hips (something I also have).

Another aspect that makes me want to give up testosterone: I notice that when I use it I age at a much faster rate. In those 6 months that I used it continuously in 2022, I had a lot of wrinkles on my forehead and a lot of gray hairs (high e2 and high serotonin?). I definitely see a lot more bad aspects than good in conventional trt.

At the same time I know that not everyone is like me. I have friends who do extremely well with trt or higher doses of testo, even without using any AI, letting the e2 float with the testo.

I confess that I am very suspicious of studies that show cardiac/neurological results with the use of Deca. They completely contradict the different reports and users.

As I started the test last Saturday, I will go to the end. It will be 20 weeks at a low dose, 100mg/week + the supplements I already use (dhea, pregnenolone, t4/t3). Next week I start with Masteron in low doses.

As I've been living with chronic insomnia and chronic fatigue for over 20 years, it's worth the risk for me. I want to get out of theory and see in practice why so many men praise Deca Only/Base

Last edited:
OP
Gûs80

Gûs80

I wouldn't touch deca with a 10 foot pole.

Try test base in DMSO instead of enanthate, you might be amazed at how good it makes you feel.
I tested testosterone gel many years ago, but without any positive bodily or mental results. Unfortunately I don't have access to T in the way you suggest.

OP
Gûs80

Gûs80

OP
Gûs80

Gûs80

Here:

"Jogaib (Brazilian doctor specializing in hormones) has been making some videos suggesting Deca Only lately. What worries me is the prolactin and possible heart damage reported in some studies.

The e2 you solved with dhea. and for what
increase dht, did you use something?

Two interesting theories about men who don't adapt to trt caught my eye:

- Dr Mark Gordon - says that they are usually men who have suffered concussion / head trauma and develop hypopituitarism, with thyroid, test and mainly gh deficiency. In these cases he recommends gh, dhea, pregnenolone and a maximum of 80mg of test per week. 100% of their patients got better.

- Dr Ben Lynch - in the book Dirty Genes, shows that men with Slow Comt and Slow MaoA genes have difficulty excreting estrogen and serotonin. These would be the ones who do poorly with the enhanced aromatization of TRT, possibly the men who report improvement when switching to Nandrolone. And the inverse of these, men with Fast Comt and Fast MaoA, because they have high e2 and serotonin excretion, tend to be deficient in both and would do very well with Testo replacement and consequent increase in e2.

golder

I’m a bit needle phobic and was considering primobolan acetate 25mg oral tablets. Injectable primo seems to be one of the holy grail steroids with regards to its safety profile, estrogen management, negligible effect on bloods/organs/lipids, low androgenicity with reasonable anabolic acitivity. However, every single review of the oral primo seems to be resoundingly mediocre compared to the injectable version. Real shame!

AspiringSage

The conventional wisdom is that uptake of the oral version is poor and that much is lost to first pass effect in the liver. Perhaps that could be improved by taking it with the right fatty acid/oil. Lots of knowledge on this forum on that topic with pregnenolone and DHT.

Warmed product, topical lidocaine and 1/2” 27g or 29g insulin needles go a long way towards mitigating injection pain.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals