Ginger dose dependantly increases MAO-A, SERT and lowers Tryptophan hydroxylase 1 & 2 in gut and brainstem

Sefton10

Been chewing on a small chunk of raw ginger root before or after meals for the last couple of weeks. Can honestly say it’s one of the most impactful thing I’ve tried. It clears the sinuses, really helps with digestion and generally just feels very pro-metabolic. The heat in the mouth takes a bit of getting used to but I’ve actually grown to like it.

Makrosky

Been chewing on a small chunk of raw ginger root before or after meals for the last couple of weeks. Can honestly say it’s one of the most impactful thing I’ve tried. It clears the sinuses, really helps with digestion and generally just feels very pro-metabolic. The heat in the mouth takes a bit of getting used to but I’ve actually grown to like it.
Nice to hear! Did you try the candy ones? I can't stand the raw ginger flavour. It makes me puke :-/

Makrosky

Well, that's unfortunate. I've found candied ginger is the best supplemental form, since it's not so ridiculously strong nor requires any immediate preparation
Same here. I found a ginger concoction much better but it is a pain in the **** to prepare every time.

Sefton10

Nice to hear! Did you try the candy ones? I can't stand the raw ginger flavour. It makes me puke :-/
Strangely enough the thought of the candied ginger makes me gag - I used to hate it in trail mix years ago. No issue with the raw root though. I just suck on it for a bit then slowly chew, full on chewing it straight away is a bit extreme!

youngsinatra

Try grated ginger dipped in some honey - it take away all the spiciness and tastes pretty damn good!

DirtySkeeze

If you want to ingest 6-gingerol, it has to be raw. If you cook it or make hot tea, 6-gingerol will be turned into the less pungent zingerone. If you dry it, it will be turned into 6-shogaol, which is also very beneficial and anti-serotonin.

Personally I use 12 g of dried ginger flakes sprinkled over my food daily. I also put ginger essential oil into my bath water and mix 2-3 drops of it into my shampoo bottle. Ginger is great stuff!
What is your shampoo?

Nice ways for people to ingest ginger. I grate it into my carrot sallads. Or you can grate it into hot water. And let it be for awhile. Remove the ginger fibers, add some more hot water, honey and some milk. It makes a good tasting spicy tea.
I use a garlic press and squeeze it out.

Dapose

Forum Supporter
Our morning tea I make for my girlfriend and I is ginger tea with maple syrup lemon juice and glycine. I use I traditional medicine ginger tea bag (100% dried ginger) in 12oz tea pot. 2 Tbs of Maple syrup and 2 Tbs of Lemon Juice. I put one 1 gram of glycine in each of our cups and pour over with tea once it’s steeped for around 8-9 minutes.
I started doing this years ago when she got a kidney stone. She’s never had one since.
That’s for posting this fascinating study!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals