Selenium Supplementation Increases Insulin Sensitivity -- New (2016) Study Reveals

beachbum

Is there a best time of day to selenium. If it acts like aspirin then I would take it earlier in the day.

Has peat ever mentioned how much selenium we need a day?!

I don't know, but selenium has a pretty narrow range of optimal levels. Unless you know you are deficient in selenium I would do one capsule per week to prevent toxicity. I would check out a list of symptoms for selenium toxicity and deficiency to get an idea of where you might be.

paymanz

I don't know, but selenium has a pretty narrow range of optimal levels. Unless you know you are deficient in selenium I would do one capsule per week to prevent toxicity. I would check out a list of symptoms for selenium toxicity and deficiency to get an idea of where you might be.
I have seen some members quote him recommended 200 mcg supplments.

But i found this study reporting lower t3 with selenium supplementation,,
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...tion-suppresses-serum-t3-levels-in-man.15541/

beachbum

I have seen some members quote him recommended 200 mcg supplments.
Yes ..me too. I took half that the other day and felt good. I also read it helps if you have thyriod antibiotics out of range that it suppose to reduce them. 2 years ago my antibodies where in the 200 range.

beachbum

As I understand selenium and iodine should not be supplemented without each other. So, if supplemented better to take both, or problems may occur long term.
Actually I do iodine vaginally. I read it suppose to reduce fibroids.

Lutzzy

Selenium is best in Brazil nuts, but you would have to eat a bushel a day to get required amount. Now touted as a cancer preventative, maybe a viable choice. however minerals are often dependent on other minerals and probalby best in balance with other minerals. Garlic and onions also good source
Enrichment of selenium in allium vegetables for cancer prevention.
Enrichment of selenium in allium vegetables for cancer prevention. - PubMed - NCBI
by C Ip - ‎1994 - ‎Cited by 102 - ‎Related articles
Supplementation of 1 or 2 p.p.m. Se in the diet from the high-selenium garlic ... Since both garlic andonion belong to the same allium family of vegetables, we ...

Dave Clark

Selenium is best in Brazil nuts, but you would have to eat a bushel a day to get required amount. Now touted as a cancer preventative, maybe a viable choice. however minerals are often dependent on other minerals and probalby best in balance with other minerals. Garlic and onions also good source
Enrichment of selenium in allium vegetables for cancer prevention.
Enrichment of selenium in allium vegetables for cancer prevention. - PubMed - NCBI
by C Ip - ‎1994 - ‎Cited by 102 - ‎Related articles
Supplementation of 1 or 2 p.p.m. Se in the diet from the high-selenium garlic ... Since both garlic andonion belong to the same allium family of vegetables, we ...
Interesting, since most of the time articles tell you to not eat more than a couple brazil nuts/day, saying they could have as much as 50 to 100 mcg per nut. Personally I believe you , not them, only because I have eaten handfuls of brazil nuts since I was a kid (not so much anymore), and looking back showed no signs of selenium toxicity. My belief is that people are more deficient than toxic, for reasons too long to get into, but on this forum you will find a lot who are very paranoid to get more than what a mouse would take.

Lutzzy

I think they got this mixed up with Flouride because the kids I had in school from getto neighbor hoods that
could not afford brazil nuts and ate very few onions or garlic had all these symptoms and the one I could see was mottled teeth and ADD and nervous symptoms. They do not acknowledge fluoride damages normally so blame it on something else like selenium.

Office of Dietary Supplements - Selenium
Mar 2, 2018 - Other symptoms include lesions of the skin and nervous system, nausea, diarrhea, skin rashes, mottled teeth, fatigue, irritability, and nervous system abnormalities. As discussed earlier, Brazil nuts contain very high amounts of selenium (68–91 mcg per nut) and could cause selenium toxicity if consumed regularly.
Introduction · ‎Sources of Selenium · ‎Selenium and Health · ‎Health Risks from .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals