what else does dopamine suppress or increase? (it decreases b6)

i believe at one time i had too much dopamine in my body (from taking finasteride) and it caused my system to crash. i recently tried taking b6 and had an extremely positive reaction to it. it made my nipples smaller (i'm a male), boosted my temp, helped kill some itching on my scalp, and gave me a libido boost. i know it 1, lowers prolactin and 2, it is depleted when estrogen is in excess. two things that i have are higher prolactin and i believe higher estrogen.

i recently found a study showing that an increase in dopamine caused b6 to be depleted, and it kept it depleted even 3 days after the administration of dopamine. i don't know how long it stays depleted though. i'm still researching more studies.

does anyone know what else dopamine increases or decreases? perhaps it would be of help to me as well with all my symptoms. so far it is good, but i'm not sure how long it will last.

Dopamine is a commonly used pressor agent. Frequently recognized side effects other than occasional reports of pedal gangrene respond to reduction of dose. Because a number of compounds interfere with vitamin B6 and dopamine toxicity in animals is modified by B6, we studied the dopamine-vitamin B6 interaction in rabbits. Six animals received 40 mg dopamine/kg and 10 mg pyridoxine injections; 6 received dopamine and saline. Dopamine administration led to an average fall of 20% (p = 0.04) in plasma pyridoxal 5'-phosphate (PLP) levels, which declined 42% by day 5. Three days later, a 25% decrease persisted (p = 0.03). Dopamine with pyridoxine caused a PLP rise of 65% (p = 0.007), but the post-study level was 28% lower than baseline (p = 0.04). We interpret our data to mean that dopamine reduced PLP levels during and 3 days after the study, and that dopamine appeared to increase the requirements for B6. We worry that dopamine given with other drugs, ie gentamicin, digoxin and theophylline which are frequently used in critical care settings, could aggravate alterations of requirements for or body stores of vitamin B6, creating B6 deficiency.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2035239

i wonder if this is why no fap seems to work for better hair? too much dopamine in the body, then it depletes b6.. then maybe that leads down the line to higher prolactin.. then leads to hair loss?? lol

J

jb116

B6 though is a dopamine agonist. I'd surmise that you are most likely lowering excessive prolactin, especially where you mention "smaller nipples" and "boosted temp."
The temp thing can very well be increases in thyroid since b6 will keep tsh low. :2cents

OP
mayweatherking
jb116 said:
post 114538 B6 though is a dopamine agonist. I'd surmise that you are most likely lowering excessive prolactin, especially where you mention "smaller nipples" and "boosted temp."
The temp thing can very well be increases in thyroid since b6 will keep tsh low. :2cents

cool.. yeah that's probably what is happening. i've since added everything else to lower prolactin as well, so i think the combined effect is starting to work.

TheHound said:
post 114542 what kind and brand of b6 did you use?

i was using bluebonnet from whole foods. i also used 365 brand of of it as well. i wasn't using p5p. for some reason, when i take p5p, i do not feel the same effects. in fact, i feel much worse and completely out of it. very brain foggy. i'm not sure why. i think it is related to methylation problems.. however, that is a whole entire other debate, it's so all over the place. i had the 100mg capsules of b6, but people were saying only 5 or 10 mg of it was needed, so i started opening the pills and putting like 1/4th or less of the powder in my drink.

i just realized the p5p could be because it was a very high dose.. i'd have to try it again. i think i definetly did more than 5mg or 10mg of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals