How To Treat Leaky Blood-brain-barrier If One Is Sensitive To Caffeine Pill?

m1210

So I believe that I have been suffering from leaky BBB. I saw some of the suggested solutions being chronic high caffeine level in the body. I have previously had serotonin toxicity issues and have had heart issues due to other chemicals (tretinoin) etc. I am sensitive to caffeine pill, ex. I noticed an increase in heart rate when I take a tiny dosage (same with aspirin). I am worried about increasing the amount as it is linked to heart conditions. My BBB issues persists to this day where I experience some severe brain issues (including schizophrenic symptoms like hearing "whispers" and other ways brain acting weird). It started when I was prescribed some anti-depressant/anxiety drugs by psychiatrists when I was 19. I believe taking those has damaged something in my brain that persist to this day.

As you know I have previously had serotonin toxicity and have to avoid many brain supplements that raise serotonin like ginseng, turmeric, fish oil, etc. So my options are very limited.

I would love to know if someone has suggestions on how to go about treating leaky BBB that doesn't involve increased serotonin or affect heart issues (I am generally sensitive to chemicals so would need a 'natural' alternative)..

thanks

Recoen

Barriers (really most things) in the body have to do with the water structure in your cells. That structure requires ATP and CO2. So a focus on the bioenergetic view is helpful. Other things can help like those commonly discussed on this forum. I would start with plugging your food into cronometer and making sure you’re getting enough micronutrients. Many find they need additional B vitamins, Vit K2, etc.

JCastro

Do you have amalgam fillings? Have you been heavily vαςςιηατεδ throughout your life with the formulations containing thimerosal? Have you looked into the Andy Cutler Protocol, or had a hair mineral analysis test e.g. from Doctor's Data?

People who have been damaged by psychiatric medicines tend to be abnormally sensitive to supplements or have paradoxical reactions to them. Take care that nothing you are taking now is exacerbating anything.

Have you had any breakthroughs or progress since posting this?

Grapelander

Calcium Channel Blocker

L-Type Calcium Channel blockers and Parkinson’s Disease

Investigate L-type calcium channel blockers of the dihydropyridine class for association with Parkinson’s disease because these drugs traverse the blood brain barrier, are potentially neuroprotective, and have previously been evaluated for impact on PD risk.

A Calcium Channel Blocker for ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia? Nimodipine

Research has demonstrated that CCBs have some systemic antiviral activity against common viral infections like influenza and all the way to HIV and hepatitis.

Calcium affects mitochondrial function as well, with high intracellular calcium levels causing conformational changes which inhibit mitochondrial functioning leading to mitochondrial dysfunction. It can be reversed by lowering the calcium levels.

Researchers have found that CCBs that cross the blood-brain barrier can inhibit the inflammatory activity of activated microglial cells. Nimodipine, in particular, can even promote remyelination in oligodendrocytes, which has important ramifications for multiple sclerosis (MS) sufferers.

Nimodipine is somewhat uniquely able to cross the blood-brain barrier and enter the cerebrospinal fluid, making it specifically suited to treating cases of reduced cerebral blood flow. In fact, the most common use for nimodipine in the US is to help increase blood flow to the brain after a stroke or cerebral aneurysm. This also means that nimodipine has less of an effect on the overall blood pressure than other CCBs, which is good for anyone suffering with low blood pressure or orthostatic hypotension.

@Grapelander What do you think about topical magnesium? Could it help or further influence serotonin receptors?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals