Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

High LH, Very High Testosterone, Suspected Pituitary Tumor

Discussion in 'Blood Work, Labs' started by Dezertfox, Nov 28, 2018.

1. OP
    Dezertfox

Dezertfox Member

Are you taking 0.5 mg ever day? Is it a continuous thing or are you planning to take it for some time only

2. LCohen

LCohen Member

Starting dose is 0.50mg straight 3 days. 1 day off. Then 3 days again. That's the first week.

It instantly stopped my hair loss.

Now using 0.25 (half pill) mg for EOD - E3D. Sometimes 0.50 again.

Can't see a side effect. I would give it a try.

3. OP
    Dezertfox

Dezertfox Member

Here's an interesting study I found -

"
    Plasma DHEA and DHEA-S levels were significantly higher (P less than 0.001) in women with elevated prolactin levels, due either to chronic treatment with psychotropic drugs or to a prolactinoma, than in untreated controls. This increase was also observed in 3 male patients with prolactinoma. It is suggested that this increase is the consequence of a direct effect of prolactin on the adrenal cortex and that prolactin might be responsible for the ACTH independent andrenocortical androgen secretion."

So maybe bringing down my prolactin levels would help bringing down DHEA S and hair loss too i guess

4. GorillaHead

GorillaHead Member

So i have long beleived that calcitriol and the VDR were the main thing behind Androgenic hairloss.

Even from an evolutionary standpoint.

Most of the time people from very hot areas have better hair. Of course this is a genaralization.

Calcitriol the activated from of d3 has a powerful effect on hair.

Vdr delete rats, grow no hair.

Quick search shows
    Dexamethasone Up regulates vdr transcription.

Vitamin D and androgens interact.

Vitamin D is a hormone

And vitamin D helps in prostate cancer.

But its probably not as simple as ingesting tons of vitamin D. Tissue and serum levels are something to look at.

Calcitriol inhibit IL-17a
    IL-17a inplicated in psoriasis. When inhibited one man saw tremendous change in his hair. Positive.

So Dexamethasone may be related to that in my opinion as it also inhibit il-17a very well

5. OP
    Dezertfox

Dezertfox Member

I was thinkin
    '
    Hey Haidut, the updated results came back..Can you please take a look when you get the chance?

I had reduced my thyroid medication for t4 to once every 2-3 days since it had a higher half life and I thought maybe I have too much in the system. My prolactin is very high which can be caused by a tumor as well or maybe due to high TSH?

Another thing I am wondering is people with High T have Low prolactin and vice versa how can I have both high at the same time? What if prolactin was even higher when the thyroid levels were good? Since T has gone down a bit with increasing TSH, maybe prolactin went down too?

Estradiol - 23 (7-42)
    Prolactin - 28 (4-15.2)
    Testosterone - 849
    Free T - 19.9
    FSH - 4.2 (1.5-12.4)
    LH-6.4
    TSH - 12 (0.45-4.5)
    DHEA S - 403
    Parathyroid - 23 (15-65)
    IGF1- 147 (98-282)
    Cholestrol total - 208
    Triglycerides -153

6. LCohen

LCohen Member

Good point.

Paricalcitol (Vit D derv) also reduces skin fibrosis and inhibits il-17

Paricalcitol Reduces Peritoneal Fibrosis in Mice through the Activation of Regulatory T Cells and Reduction in IL-17 Production

7. haidut

haidut Member

I already responded via PM.

8. OP
    Dezertfox

Dezertfox Member

Hi Haidut, I switched from t4 to t4+t3..and my t3 is still mid range at 3.0..My TSH went down from 12 to 4 but my prolactin is still at 28 like it was before..Do you think i should be getting a MRI as the doctor suggested? Since my TSH came down but prolactin is still high?

9. marsaday

marsaday Member

Hashimotos is ilkley the issue here

If you are not making enough thyroid the adrenals will over compensate.

You need to take the correct thyroid dose to control the tsh to be around 1.

It is harder with hashis to do this so you will need to focus on diet to help lower inflammation.

10. OP
    Dezertfox

Dezertfox Member

Thanks! That makes sense..is there a link between adrenals and prolactin? My adrenals are always in overdrive shown by high dhea s and cortisol levels..so are my T and free T..problem is my adrenals seemed to be in overdrive even when my tsh was under 1 with t4 only..t3 was always mid range for me though and never higher.

11. marsaday

marsaday Member

Physiologic levels of prolactin in males enhance luteinizing hormone-receptors in Leydig cells, resulting in testosterone secretion, which leads to spermatogenesis.[14]

This is a quote from the wiki page on prolactin. It also says MDMA use will up prolactin.

Higher prolactin levels can lead to lower testosterone i think. It seems common for low testosterone men to have higher prolactin levels.

Not sure about the link between prolactin and adrenals though.

Your energy systems sound out of balance. Why this is taking place can be down to many reasons, but hashimotoes really complicates things and people need to look into how to lower inflammation in the body. Don't over use iodine if you have been doing this.

When the thyroid system is better balanced it will mean the adrenal system will balance up better. Low thyroid people often have low cortisol and DHEA, but this is after a good while as this condition plays out. Initially when the thyroid tails off the adrenals will rise to compensate and this sounds where you are.

There is a lot more investigation to do here.

How is sleep? Sleep has to be regular with the timings of getting off and waking. IF you do shift work this may have some bearing on the results.