My high estrogen won't drop. Help

youngsinatra

I had a DMPS test done to check my mercury levels.

It showed 450 ng/g (or micrograms - I'm not sure what that little symbol is called). Reference range is under 0.8.....so 450 times greater than normal apparently.

I had the DMPS test done after I did a hair mineral analysis test and that showed mercury so high that it was completely off the chart.

Also, that DMPS showed that I had really high levels of Barium, Cesium, and Thallium. Lead was also high.

Theotokos, scrambled eggs are not an easy to digest breakfast. lol. Anything high protein I consider heavy.

I usually eat soups for breakfast, sometimes cereal, and on rare occasions I do eat some boiled apples - I'll try them in some honey this morning.

These are foods that are liquidy and won't sit for ages in my stomach - all types of eggs just sit there.

My vitamin D status is low-ish. It's in the normal range, but on the low end.

And that didn't change much even when I was getting out for an hour a day under the sun (shirtless), and supplementing 1,000 IU of vit D.

I'll start doing vit E each day now - before I supp'd it once every couple of days because of potential side effects.

I'll also start increasing my Vit C intake - camu camu and orange juice, but that's more for the antioxidant effect...

Does oxidation increase estrogen?
Maybe trying to get your vitamin D to 40-60ng/ml. A lot of issues resolve by doing that in my experience. — If you need direction with vitamin D dosage and duration - let me know your current status and bodyweight. - reversed psychosis in some friends of mine by fixing vitamin D.

L_C

Maintenance dose of progesterone might not be enough to overthrow estrogen dominance.

See my post above, might be worth trying.
Have you tried to high dose progesterone for 3 days? Just wondering what the experience was if you did. I don't think I am that brave to take so much of the hormone at once.

OP
G

Guacamayo

I'm doing 900mg pregnenolone for several days...I'll see what the results are.

Otherwise, I'll try what @TheBeard recommended.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yeah I've been supplementing zinc for a while. Hasn't worked. I do around 30mg of zinc per day as zinc carnosine.

I'd try a few oysters every day but because of my mercury toxicity I'm not going anywhere near them for the time being.

I'll give cardamom a go...I'll start adding more of it to my food.
Molybdenum is also very effective at lowering copper.
Zinc and glutathione can help with heavy metal detoxification. Not sure how effective zinc carnosine is for metal detox (it's great for the gut though).
Other natural things that can help detox mercury are algae, azolla and other aquatic plants.
Sweating in a sauna is also a great way of getting rid of heavy metals.

theantagonist

Have you tried to high dose progesterone for 3 days? Just wondering what the experience was if you did. I don't think I am that brave to take so much of the hormone at once.
Haven't tried it yet. Prolactin was slightly elevated on my bloodlabs. Doing aspirin and niacinamide at the moment. If prolactin is still high in a month, i'm trying the high dose pregnenolone.

EchoTango

How come no one has mentioned your use of soy milk?
I would stop that immediately. It is a concentrated source of estrogen and completely avoidable.

Maljam

How come no one has mentioned your use of soy milk?
I would stop that immediately. It is a concentrated source of estrogen and completely avoidable.

This forum is just turning into a drug/supplement recommendation forum, very few really focus on diet these days.

EchoTango

This forum is just turning into a drug/supplement recommendation forum, very few really focus on diet these days.
Yeah. It's sort of like caring for a bonsai tree. Need to also keep reflecting and carefully pruning as things develop. K.I.S.S. Though I'm sure the advice is well meaning and coming from experience.
Even if the coffee cancels out the estrogens in soy etc., mere nullification can keep you going around in circles.

I've never actually pruned a bonsai tree though.. maybe taking part in a parallel creative or meditative activity like that could also assist in the transformative process. Because there is this pattern of needing to consume more with the supplements and tests. Maybe consumerism and accumulation is associated with storing excess estrogen. If it is I'm sure someone here has already made the correlation.

Thanks for replying to my first comment as a newcomer here.

Last edited:

frannybananny

My estrogen has been high for years now.

My testosterone has now tanked over the past year or so, and my hypothyroidism is supposedly under control with large amounts of NDT and T3...but I still feel hypo.

My minerals look fine, but I do have VERY high levels of copper and mercury.

My cortisol is chronically high.

My bowels and digestion have gotten so bad I need to take laxatives almost every day now...And the food I am taking isn't digested properly.

My bloodwork shows really low RBC and protein levels like those of a vegan. I don't know what's causing it...but even when I had good bowel movements for a period of around a month, I still had symptoms of high estrogen whenever a bout of constipation would come up...

I've tried everything I can think of to drop my chronically high estrogen levels and it won't work:

Diet (carrots and mushrooms plus low starch and removing PUFA), vit E, pregnanolone, progesterone, plus some other things I can't remember right now.

I'm going to give DIM and Calcium D Glucarate a try, as mentioned here: Can’t seem to come out of estrogen dominance. Tried everything already | Page 2 | Ray Peat Forum

Is there anything else I'm missing?

I've tried Tongkat Ali and some other testosterone building natural extracts to boost T levels but I never really saw any long-term improvements after using them for around a month.
Try some saturated fats to help your bowels... butter, beef fat, etc....works wonders for me. Also motion...Motion is the Lotion.

I like Nacent Iodine in small ammts or Lugols to keep estrogen in check - I tried to push my estrogen lower with tons of Progesterone which only made me Progesterone dominant and created a world of problems. Also , when I have no gluten in my diet it really helps all digestive things. I am a fan of coffee enemas as well.

lampofred

Have you tried increasing salt? Salt increases stomach acid and is anti-estrogen, pro-androgen. I think some brands have added aluminum, which can be estrogenic, but Peat recommends Morton's Canning & Pickling.

tommyg130

Aromatase inhibitor.
Will lower e2 and as a consequence increase test and free test.

VERY important that you use aromasin (exemestane) and NOT ANY other aromatase inhibitor, as it's steroidal.
I used arimidex before .. what is the downside ?

InChristAlone

Haven't read everything but your diet is not working. Need to quit all stimulants, reduce copper foods, reduce fruit and sugar and favor things like potatoes, ancient grains, corn, beans. Ray Peat diet is overstimulating yet extremely depleting. Fruitarians become manic and extremely deficient only able to digest fruit. They heal when they quit the fruit and move towards meat and healing foods like beans to remove their toxic bile and high triglycerides. And yes of course no soy. Look up the bean protocol to remove excess hormones.
Agreed. Very dangerous.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals